Accidentally issuing commands while scrolling.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Accidentally issuing commands while scrolling.

I can't imagine I'm the first but I didn't see it already. I'm not sure if this belongs in the bugs section or the suggestion section but too often while grabbing the screen to scroll, especially zoomed out, I inadvertently grab a unit and start issuing commands instead of scrolling. i press the ESC any trying to cancel but it never cancels. I have to try and recreate the route they were on. Very frustrating. Any way the ESC key can cancel the user's unconfirmed action? In my case, the mouse button is still pressed, but since the ESC key does not work, I have to release the mouse button, thus confirming the action - from the computer's point of view.

So, ESC key to cancel the unconfirmed actions and on that same note, an alternate suggestion that might help cut that done: make the arrow keys function, so we could pan the screen with arrow keys instead of grabbing it with the mouse.

Thank you.
    • Thank you all - glad to know it's on the radar and I'll try the WASD keys too. I didn't know about those. Silly me, I tried the arrow keys LOL I'm 44 though, WASD is a blast from the past.
      @Yak The problem is, when this happens, the mouse button is already pressed because I was scrolling. When I release, it confirms the movement I don't want. Basically, it grabs the unit mid scroll (when using mouse to move the map) and your button is already pressed and held. I hope that makes sense.

Along these same line, selecting a unit, then scrolling and scrolling, again with the mouse, to my destination, only to have the unit lose focus and be deselected. I then scroll back to the unit, reselect it, scroll to my destination and again, loses focus someone on the way. Sometimes I make it and can give a command, sometimes it takes multiple attempts. I thought it was just me but another player I was talking made the same comment so I hope this is under the same umbrella as the scenario I described above. I've tried experimenting with clicking, holding, then dragging, the map. That seems to help. It seems that dragging the map too fast increases the odds of it deselecting your unit. Perhaps something tied to loading the map as the user scrolls and it resets what the mouse had highlighted because it's also being used to move the map???

Anyway, I will try scrolling with the keyboard though. That might help a lot.

Thank you all. :)