Question regarding missiles

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Question regarding missiles

Hi guys,

First of all, and for my first message, I have to say that Conflict of Nations it’s a really good game, better than expected, I have played Supremacy 1914 and Call of War as well a lot, so I know how they work pretty well,

But the other day I had an issue,

I saw an aircraft carrier level 3 and a destroyer level 1 together, so I planned to take both down,

The plan was to stack 7 striker fighters capable of launching cruise missiles, (I already know that they are less efficient and slower than being 5, but the point was just to deliver 7 cruise missiles together)

So, once I was in range I tried to fire them but I was ONLY able to shoot one cruise missile alone, and I know I need at least 6 to take down the aircraft carrier and destroyer (165 Hit points) and they do 5 hitpoints against missiles, that its why I was going with 7 strike fighters, if I launch 7 cruise missiles together in a stack, they would do to me 5hp against my missiles, meaning that they would probably take down one of the seven missiles, meaning that the other six would hit the target and making 180 damage, more than 165 health points they have and probably taking down the enemy.

My question is the following:

Is it possible to launch several cruise missiles together in a stack instead one by one?

(which I suppose that they would be destroyed each time because they each have 5 hp and that group make 5 against missiles, so if I go one by one, they would be destroyed)

How it must be done?

Does every vessel have a cooldown like the anti-air tanks against missiles?
      In that case, launching one by one would work, but I doubt it…

Many thanks in advance,

Mala :thumbsup:
    • Last time I did cruise missile rain with use of 5 bombers and they were able to launch ten of them from single stack correctly. If it's not a matter of cooldown, something could broke recently. To bypass that I would split Strike Fighters and try to launch every missile separately from single Strike Fighter. But yeah, that's not comfortable. :S

As far as I know DEF to missiles is triggered every time when it hits a unit, and ATK per every 10 min.
      Carrier(lv3) 2+2 + Destroyer(lv1) 1 = 5 to first missile, 3 to next missile, 3 to next missile ... until 10 minutes refresh.

There is a chance that first cruise missile will hit the target due to "random" factor. Theoretically first point defense should do 5 dmg, but it can deal 4 or 6.

"Is it possible to launch several cruise missiles together in a stack instead one by one?"

It could be clear and nice solution, but didn't hear about it. :)
      Display Spoiler

"We rarely recognize how wonderful it is that a person can traverse an entire lifetime without making a single really serious mistake — like putting a fork in one's eye or using a window instead of a door."
      - Marvin Lee Minsky

The post was edited 2 times, last by Efreet ().

• Efreet wrote:

Last time I did cruise missile rain with use of 5 bombers and they were able to launch ten of them from single stack correctly. If it's not a matter of cooldown, something could broke recently. To bypass that I would split Strike Fighters and try to launch every missile separately from single Strike Fighter. But yeah, that's not comfortable. :S

As far as I know DEF to missiles is triggered every time when it hits a unit, and ATK per every 10 min.
      Carrier(lv3) 2+2 + Destroyer(lv1) 1 = 5 to first missile, 3 to next missile, 3 to next missile ... until 10 minutes refresh.

There is a chance that first cruise missile will hit the target due to "random" factor. Theoretically first point defense should do 5 dmg, but it can deal 4 or 6.

"Is it possible to launch several cruise missiles together in a stack instead one by one?"

It could be clear and nice solution, but didn't hear about it. :)

Hi,

First of all, thanks for the answer

So, let me know how you do it or where you select how many missiles you wanna launch together,

Because I tried again and they still go one by one, even if I go with 5 strike fighters together.... :(

Thanks in advance
    • Hi guys,

So , finally I did not know how to launch several cruise missiles together in a stack, so I decided to try to launch them one by one and the result is the following, remember that my target was an aircraft carrier,

Seems that the aircraft carrier has a ten minutes cooldwon as the rest of the AA units, so I launched 5, and the first one was destroyed by the aircraft carrier and then, the rest hit the aircraft correctly

There is no point or advantege on stacking missiles