Question about 1st Strike situation

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Question about 1st Strike situation

I looked for this briefly but couldn't find a definitive answer. The situation is as follows: My allies and I have set up Air Defense ( 5 stacks of TD, Sam and AA) along with several naval units (Frigates, Subs, Carriers, Destroyers) and Air Support (Air, Strike, AWS) as well... All units are evnveloped inside the Air Defense since we triangulated the positions and they overlap at a specific point. So if another person has his units patrolling the area (right in the middle of the overlapped Air Defenses) while having naval units in the area and we declare war -

1) Who gets first attack in an Air battle if war is declared? Is there a bonus for an attack like declaring war on unsuspecting units caught in the AA area?
      2) Do the TD's and Sams automatically fire at the air units or do they only fire if there's a hostile action like firing a missile from the patrolling intruder?
      3) Who gets first attack in the Naval battle?
    • It's hard to say. Much will depend on server delays here. As far as I know, he who starts war has first strike in naval battle. Air patrol has a counter, when it drops to 00:00 it starts attacking. And SAMs etc. has a delay before it use it's ATT (it is possible to enter it's range of fire without taking damage, but it's risky : ).
      Display Spoiler

"We rarely recognize how wonderful it is that a person can traverse an entire lifetime without making a single really serious mistake — like putting a fork in one's eye or using a window instead of a door."
      - Marvin Lee Minsky