GENERAL UPDATE (181115)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• GENERAL UPDATE (181115)

+ + + + GENERAL UPDATE+ + + +
      Today's update has very important changes which you need to take note-of before resuming your running games, and starting any new ones. From now on, splash damage will be applied to all units caught within the range of damage of: Navy and Artillery units, and Missiles. These unit types are able to deal this splash damage and as a result this means that you are at risk of going to war with any other nations who allocated units in the area of your attack.
      Update:
      • Grounded aircraft are now able to be targeted by missiles
      • Reporting players, Reporting messages and Reporting Coalitions has been disabled due to abuse
      • Any unit who is caught in the crossfire of missiles/navy/artillery will in fact be damaged and status between nations changed to war. It is good to note that the following unit types are all capable of dealing splash damage: Artillery, Navy and Missiles
      • Flashpoint Europe has an updated map background
      Fix:
      • Delaying ranged units when they are in transport planes no longer causes a game error
      • The unit-speed stat on Military Logistics provinces now displays the correct travel time
      • Insurgent uprising in news only appears when the province was previously player owned
      • On occasion insurgents would conquer a city regardless if units are present

//Your CoN Team
      Dorado Games
      Conflict Of Nations

The post was edited 3 times, last by Yak ().

• What if my ally (coalition member) is fighting (melee) in Venice with an opponent and I will fire cruise missile there? Will my ally take damage too? Will it trigger war between us? :)
      Display Spoiler

"We rarely recognize how wonderful it is that a person can traverse an entire lifetime without making a single really serious mistake — like putting a fork in one's eye or using a window instead of a door."
      - Marvin Lee Minsky

The post was edited 1 time, last by Efreet ().

• I notice that Airmobile cannot be ferried by air for long distances now? Say for instance from an airbase in Colombia to and airfield in Fiji? All else can but now airmobile cannot? If, so then that's pretty unrealistic. Perhaps yet another airmobile glitch? Please, explain.
      " “If we can’t persuade nations with comparable values of the merit of our cause we better reexamine our reasoning.” - Robt. S. McNamara

The post was edited 1 time, last by wrp523 ().

• Germanico wrote:

Yes - anything besides coalition members (who cannot be attacked remember?) will take damage.
      Yes - I get that - I should have stated my question better. I understand their units may take damage but under a situation where they are in Shared Intelligence with a coalition and an enemy assault occurs where we, the coalition and they, the shared intelligence, attack to defend against invasion on their province - would the shared intelligence nation automatically be set to war? Could there be an option to go to war but keep their status as Shared Intelligence?

We have several small countries that cannot get into the coalition because it's full but we defend them with the trade off being we can access their airfields.
    • Germanico - - I am speaking of Airmobile infantry ferried via AIR TRANSPORT not airlifting as helicopters. Mine are having to go by ferried air from one airbase to another airbase long distance and while not utilizing airfields. And I cannot fly them across the Pacific from an airbase to an airfield but all else I am able. That has really hurt my strategy in this particular game. Never happened before so I thought either it was changed or just another glitch.
      " “If we can’t persuade nations with comparable values of the merit of our cause we better reexamine our reasoning.” - Robt. S. McNamara

The post was edited 2 times, last by wrp523 ().

• I would like to think that they would take the damage but remain as shared intel and still be a t peace.. Collateral Damage, Now players must pay some attention to what they are about to fire at.
      "There are only two types of aircraft — fighters and targets."
      — Doyle 'Wahoo' Nicholson, USMC.
    • @Crang

Same I was wondering about. But It fits to - let's say - MRL, which has less precision, collateral damage here seem fit perfectly, Bombers could have it by the way. But it not fits to Cruise Missiles, which power depends on precision strike. So, some units could do collateral, some not, and I guess It will be too complicated to implement. :)

Edit:

But yeah, friendly fire could change game strategies. You wanna help your ally in melee battle? Do not help him by Cruisers's artillery. :D Send Strike Fighters or Gunships, or CM maybe. :whistling:

Other situation - your foes are healing in combat outpost somewhere in the mountains? Bring Artillery and kill two birds with one stone. 8)
      Display Spoiler

"We rarely recognize how wonderful it is that a person can traverse an entire lifetime without making a single really serious mistake — like putting a fork in one's eye or using a window instead of a door."
      - Marvin Lee Minsky

The post was edited 11 times, last by Efreet: grammar, updates ().

• To clarify things with splash damage further:
      - Coalition members and other players with Shared Intelligence are excluded
      - We originally wanted splash damage for aircraft as well but due to issues with patrol we decided to disable it - at least for now
      - We're looking into implementing friendly fire as well in the future but it's way more complicated and requires more time than we can spare right now.
      - NUKES have a huge splash damage radius - be wary in congested areas - you might even hit another city!