FRIENDLY FIRE UPDATE (181206)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• If eg. the inf level 6 with ranged ability is standing in a city and you are attacking them with another infantryt, they will

a) first shoot via ranged (using Attack stat)
      b) use Defensive stat when you close into close combat

In case they advance and move to attack Motor Inf uses its Attack - not it's defense.
      Even in edge cases in closed combat the close combat stats count. Same as before.

So they are NOT losing any of their regular benefits of being focused on defensive.
      I hope that clarifies it.

//G
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • Regarding the new mortar capabilities of Tier 3 Motorized Infantry:
      • Keep in mind that defending Motorized Infantry will also still have its garrison bonus in cities/outposts.
      • Without Fire Control you have to be online to actively micro your units if you want the offensive advantage. You can either issue an attack command, in which case they'll attack from range then stop. OR issue a move command, in which case they won't enter ranged combat and instead directly move in for close combat (and conquer the territory if victorious). You can't just order them to go on one large ranged attack conquest and call it a night.
      • They only gain their mortar ability on TIER 3. That is quite late in the game. Even then, you gain the offensive advantage if you're very active compared to your opponent. I think most guys who make it to the later stages of a game are...very protective of their hard earned territory and thus quite active. So if your opponent is active as well (and only has units with close combat capabilities) he/she should be able to close the distance within 20-60 minutes, depending on the terrain, which means the Motorized Infantry gains one free shot.

But anyway, let's wait and see :)

The post was edited 2 times, last by ThePanda ().

• Hi,

1. as you dont provide this information in German.

Can please dont use shortcuts for unit names...e.g. ASW. Not everyone is a native speaker.

2. I see that you have provides ranged attack for infantery. I would love to see in the unit description where and how this range is. The moment it is now displayed is iritating because you mix flying range(helicopter) mit attack range(artillery). and patrol range. It is all at the same space with the same description. And the radius of the patrol range is not even dispalyed.

test2.pngtest.png
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.

The post was edited 1 time, last by kurtvonstein ().

• kurtvonstein wrote:

Hi,

1. as you dont provide this information in German.

Can please dont use shortcuts for unit names...e.g. ASW. Not everyone is a native speaker.

2. I see that you have provides ranged attack for infantery. I would love to see in the unit description where and how this range is. The moment it is now displayed is iritating because you mix flying range(helicopter) mit attack range(artillery). and patrol range. It is all at the same space with the same description. And the radius of the patrol range is not even dispalyed.
      Referring to this? You were probably looking at level 3 instead of tier 3 (which is level 6).

atkrange.PNG

Yeah the UI isn't exactly ideal at the moment when it comes to distinguishing "flying range" versus "attack range".
      Files
      • atkrange.PNG

(596.58 kB, downloaded 5 times, last: )

The post was edited 1 time, last by ThePanda ().

• tier 3 is not level 3. The mot. inf. level 6 and 7 (=Modern) has the range.
      tier means the "Generation/Waffentyp"
      Bei den Kampfpanzern europäische Doktrin z.B.Leopard 2 = 1 Generation, Challenger 2= 2. Generation, Leopard 2 A7+= 3. Generation
      Bei der Infanterie z.B. Standard = 1. Generation, Verbessert = 2. Generation, Modern = 3. Generation
      „Morgen, ihr Luschen!“ --- „Morgen, Chef!“ (Ausbilder Schmidt alias Holger Müller bei der Arbeit)
    • We internally speak of Tiers in the units when the unit is totally overhauled eg. Standard Infantry (Tier1) Advanced Infantry (Tier2) and Modern Infantry (Tier3)

And yes - the info screen could use UI love - but our UI design work currently goes to the mobile client predominately.
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • abradyson1 wrote:

Does the friendly fire update effect naval units attacking cities where you have friendly troops fighting? Something before the update released had said something like that would happen, but idk if it actually did
      With this update, Artillery/Naval bombardment should not affect units belonging to players with whom you're in a Coalition or have granted Shared Intelligence / Right of Way. Friendly Fire is only caused by missiles with chemical or nuclear warheads - so those will affect any unit, even your own.