Alliance Challenge Start Problems?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Alliance Challenge Start Problems?

Now recently while I creepily search the Englih server ingame chat i have noticed that many people have been starting alliance matches :) which is amazing, love seeing the CONmunity getting more involved in a great activiey that I feel is currently under appreciated by the CON players. Now lets get right to the point, in this thread I will give you a step by step guide on hwo to properly set up a match and what to expect with each option you choose when setting up the match.
      A. Setting up an alliance match: NOTE this is for non-elite allince matches

#1- Once you have found an alliance that has agreed to have a match with you, go to the 'ranking' tab and click the 'alliance' sub tab. Then search up your rival alliance's name. You should now be presented with a pop up that has the alliance description and the photo if any. Click the 'challenge' button. Please not that if there is no challenge button that means that the alliance is currently not accepting challenges at this time. (this setting can be found under the 'alliance' tab and the 'settings' subtab)

#2- After clicking the 'Challenge' button you should now see a screen that has the match details on it. (please also note you will have more options if you have the securtiy council subscriptions I highly recommed this for alliance leaders or moderators). On this screen you will be able to customize the game's conitions to what you see fit :P. no I will go through some of these options for you guys:
      a. you will first be confronted with the option to give the game a custome ttle and description this area is pretty self explanatory click on it and give it a title you want it to have and describe it if you ever so choose to.
      b. you will see the option to choose between 2 maps; 32 player World Redux and the newer 14 player Mediterranean Theater
      1. 32 player World Redux: This map has the 32 msot popular playable countries on it and is of the entire world with this map you can expect there to be more creative strategies and longer lasting games do to distance between countries.
      2. 14 player Mediterranean Theater: With this map you can expect everyone to start with the same; production, same amount of cities, same amount of vp, and same resources for each country. this map is also only of the Med spanning from Portugal in the west to turkey in the east and franc ein the north to libya in the south. With this map you can expect quick exciting game paly creating shorter and quicker thinking games.

#3- Now once you choose your map right under you will see the Nation selection button. There are two options; Free Selcetion and Random Selection
      a. Free Selection: with free selection when you join the game you will have a pop up ocme up asking you to pick a country or hit random selection the the bottom corner right next to the ok button.
      b. Random Selection: with random selection you will not be presented with an option to pick a country and will be auto assigned a country and not be presented with a pop up.

#4- after picking Free or Random selection you will see a Number of players box with a drag bar next to it here you can either drag the bar or type n the box how many TOTAL players will be in the game. NOTE that teams will be split even so if you have 14 players on the setting it will be a 7v7. there will be no 5v9 or 6v8 there are no uneven matches currently.

#5- Anti cheat: This is explained right next to the on/off button but to put it in laymens terms when anti chet is turned on it prevents 2 account from the same IP address to the join the same game. NOTE when anti cheat is turned off there will be no victorey gold at the end.

#6- Start of Game
      a.Start when full: Now this has been causing some confusion in the chat many people see the waiting for 6 players to join to start the game well that is not exactly true when you ut the setting 'Start When full' then the map will only start when the number of players in the map reaches the maximun capacity so if the number of players setting was set to 14 in a match then all 14 players will have to join before the match starts. I will say that one more time in a different structure. When the player setting is set to 14 players then the map much reach 14/14 players before the match will start.
      b. Now forget everything I just said if you decide to click the 'Now' option on this button. if you do click 'Now' under the start of game option then as soon as the map is created then the map will start

#7- Password: type in this box if you want a password to this game. Note players can only join if they have a password on the game

Some other helpful notes:
      1. when a game starts it will not always start at 00:00. The game will start at the time it is in the 1x speed time. So if my last sentence did not make sense to put it eaisier then: if it is 14:39 in a 1x speed game ont he enlgish server and the alliance map was also created on the english server at the same time and had the Start of game option set to 'now' then the game will start at 14:39 NOT 00:00.

2. Whatever rules you andthe opposing alliance leader set forth will not be enforced by any CON staff. SO if one of the rules of the match was "No Gold use" then if someone uses gold a member of CON staff will NOT I repeat will NOT come in and make everythign better. Every rule is set by trust and honor.

3. Also you will NOT be able to join a match until the oppoing allaince accepts challenge sent to them. If you wish to accept a challenge that was sent to you then you can go to the 'Alliance' Tab amd click the 'Alliance Games' sub tab and scroll down till you see "Open Challenges" and click the 'accept button'

Hope this helps anyone who may need it :P
      Peace out,
      Deck

The post was edited 1 time, last by Deckhead5 ().

• Hi,

Thanks for the intro. Just to check: if you set the number of players and click "start now" the map will be created and start independent of the number of players in it. If you set a limit of 20 players, max 10 players of each alliance can join but the game could also run as 10 vs 8 or even 5 vs 5. It would be each alliance own responsibility to come up with the right amount of players, correct?

Regards,
      Duinenstruiner
      Nukes don't conquer cities, boots do :evil:
    • Duinenstuiner wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for the intro. Just to check: if you set the number of players and click "start now" the map will be created and start independent of the number of players in it. If you set a limit of 20 players, max 10 players of each alliance can join but the game could also run as 10 vs 8 or even 5 vs 5. It would be each alliance own responsibility to come up with the right amount of players, correct?

Regards,
      Duinenstruiner
      If you set a limit of 20 players, max 10 players of each alliance can join but the game could also run as 10 vs 8 or even 5 vs 5. NO THAT IS NOT POSSIBLE

if you do 20 players 10 per alliance it will not start (depends how you putted the start of game) When Full or Now

if Now it will start when the 1st player joins
      When full it will be started by the last player that joins in :)