DEVELOPER DIARY 10: PONTOON - INBOUND

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• DEVELOPER DIARY 10: PONTOON - INBOUND

+ + + + DEV DIARY + + + +

I hope you are enjoying officers as much as we are! With the recent updates, including game types, rivers, officers, etc. here's some insight into the direction we are taking with the next patch:

Part of the changes we are currently working on aim to enhance tactical gameplay at game start. We want to bridge this gap by providing Airborne Infantry as a starting unit on maps featuring rivers, encouraging players to cross nearby rivers and create a Navy Wharf (renamed to "Pontoon" which better reflects its applications). This opens up the possibility to attack nations, previously shielded in part by rivers, from more directions in the early-mid game stages. With this in mind, we've set out to make the research for Airborne Infantry available from day 1, for all doctrines. Pontoons and Airborne Infantry are planned to have lower costs as well. The building requirements to mobilize Airborne Infantry are also going to be adjusted, lowering the Army Base level required.

Stay tuned for the next update, we have some needed changes coming for Alliance games and events which will be running through the week/weekends!

//Your CoN Team
      Dorado Games
      Conflict Of Nations

The post was edited 2 times, last by Garrett ().

• I do not believe this is true. I am playing a game right now and the guy had bombers, theatre protection, air infantry and more by Day 2. I am talking total arsenal. When I was able to see how many units he had .. it said "4" and most of his stuff is ghosted out so I cannot even attack it! Then, I would get one of his stacks down to nearly nothing and it would regenerate to full strength. So you tell me...is he a cheat?
    • Gold can be used to recover HP if a unit is not engaged. That is the trick. Once you engage a unit, you have them. I saw this when I was first trying an aircraft carrier. I got trapped in the Suez Canal by 5 frigates and a bunch of corvettes. My air power could not help due to frigates. Once they had actually engaged me close range, I could not use gold to recover HP anymore. My carrier went to Davy Jones' Locker!

I think gold is your hack you are talking about. If your match does not have constraints on research of units early in the game, then gold allows an individual to expedite the research, construction of right buildings and deployment of the units.

This is why some matches advertise constraints in research and gold use.
    • @Ugly_Pool_Guy "Ghosting out" is when you use intel to uncover the opponents troops. They are "ghostly" because the information is not constantly updated, only being a snapshot that will become ever more unreliable (obviously) the more time passes - until it is erased at daychange (ingame).
      This means that if you attack them they may well not be there any more - cause they have moved, died or otherwise changed.

Having the type of units you mention in the post above at such an early stage means two things:

a) you've bumped into some player who is using prodigious amounts of gold
      b) you are playing on a map with unrestricted research (events)

Hope this explains it.
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf