My idea of sugestion to improve game

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• My idea of sugestion to improve game

My idea of improvements that could be upgraded into game:

1.) Total blackout - no info of building,no info of city size, and no info of resources produced in that city ( it is easy to conquer when you know what is where and what is important )
      2.) Somehow Secret weapon lab it is useless until day 28-30...it should be upgraded to have function of research - 2 simultaneously research is ok - but it last extremly too long
      ( im my mind idea of labs should be used as research base for everything - not only to build troops, every lvl could reduce research for idk 0.5 - 1 % - example: lvl 1. gives you nothing, lvl 2 gives 0.2%,lvl 3 gives 0.4%,lvl 3 gives 0.6% lvl 4 gives 0.8% and lvl 5 gives 1 % boost in research for every secret lab builded )
      3.) Reduce construction of buildings in homeland ( only ) - as it would be more interest in gameplay itself faster development and more resources would be available to spent -size of city should have also some importance in building ( not units - that is quite ok with office recruitment ) and resources income...
      4.) Annexing city cost too much ( definitely ) - should be available in much less resources and in optional idea
      ( in my idea city should have 4 options of annex -
      1.) resources collector - you are not able to produce resources until then
      2.) building up city - you can not build buildings until then
      3.) troops building - you can not build troops until then
      4.) all of it - allows to be city as homeland city - all permissions available and allows bonus on research ( if secret weapon lab is builded on lvl 2 or more - understandable reduced for annexed city )
      and every one is double cost of first one - but should also consider that income of resources should be much greater after all 4 annex upgrade
      5.) Cost of units and their expenses is somewhat high expensive - for example: Basic infantry is in my opinion extremely expensive ( 650 supply, 350 components, 850 manpower and 1000 dollars ) and that is first level ( it should be at least triple cheaper - maintaining it is ok )
      6.) Some research are also high expensive and the other hand some are very cheap ( example research of Basic infantry cost: 1075 supply, 1325 rare materials and 1500 dollars while RBS-15 (that's nukes 1. level) cost ONLY 2000 supply, 2250 rare materials and 6000 dollars - i mean...what is cache one unit and one weapon of mass destruction - unrealistic.)
      7.) Spy - should be available to be built in barack ( for example from lvl 2. and you must have secret weapon lab builded ), and it should be a unit same as infantry, and to be able to research it - more people would build them - time of action should depend of spy lvl
      8.) Massive war - war against more than 3 country should provide much greater penalty in morale - lots of people just goes in war because they can and they leave a province or two - attacking country should also have more penalty in morale - as I see lots of people attack 2-3 county at once especially NPC country - that would make them to build up their country more and would made them to reconsider what they already conquer and how that will affect their country - for example: a few days ago: I see Angola has conquest South Africa and immediately went on Mozambiqe and at the same time is fighting with Cameroon - that is simply too much ( if he is using gold, then it is ok by mine opinion but if he is not using it - then it is just too much...I'm not going to elaborate how much people are in war with 5-6-7 countries at one - that is why i have this idea
      9.) Market it is something it should be upgraded somehow - i find myself and my mates very often in resources shortage, and as game advanced no one is willing to sell...and some of people are putting in demand price so high that you are unable to follow and when he puts idk: supply - 50 000 for 15$ that is end of trading with that resources - so something should be done with that matter - i'm suggesting you opet market for coalition purposes...For example i can trade with resources in my coalition - example: 1000 supply - 1000 components and coalition only ( it is no of use you embark all world because of one resources - pointless )

That much from me...Hope I give you some new ideas...

The post was edited 7 times, last by ZoggyCro ().

• We do not steal ideas - just as Sid (whom I've personally met in my time in the industry) did not steal any of the ideas and inspirations from titles he played that flowed into any of his awesome games.
      Games, like other media and art, influence each other. Anything else would be a fest for lawyers.
      The original wargame (called Kriegspiel) from which all strategy games today borrow can be found in Charlottenburg Palace and dates from 1812.

Annexing was actually reduced in price etc and makes complete sense if used correctly. It's not meant to be applied to all and every city. That's the point.

Hope I was able to shed some light on the topic.

//G
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • 1) Way too much. Info about production or city size are globally known. Can't hide refinery, or factory or any heavy industry facility in XXI century. Only to hide info about building levels is really needed. Plus - to hide some info in the news like - 'destroyed by 20 Naval strike fighter squad' ( Should be 'destroyed by 20 Air Force.' instead.) or info about officer ( Example - 'Submarine officer is hired' Great, so now everyone know that I invested much in subs, etc.).

2) Well, Secret Lab is strictly needed for warhead/missiles/TDS, practically constructed much faster ( even bellow day 20 ). So I can't say they are useless. Second thing - construction of lv5 secret lab to get 1% boost research speed? Seriously? It needs 1% per level to sound reasonable, but still horribly expensive before day 30. But yeah, maybe It could make late combat more dynamic ( If you are lucky and able to get so much rare resources. )

3, 4, 5, 6) You simply like to say that everything is too expensive. But I think that most flying units or heavy, should have cost in fuel, and let's say... 200% more fuel upkeep ( they will kill me for that ).

7) Not sure. I feel it's ok that units shown on the map are only military units. I can only agree, that INTEL should get some reform, but without changing whole system.

8 ) War against 5 is a standard in mid game. It could lead to more 'friendly behaviors' and make war less profitable, and as a consequence - make whole game dramatically longer. When I feel that last 10 days are simply horribly boring - I'm pushing End Game button whenever it's possible.

9) Market could be alive if there will be more important things to do by pure cash. For example - key role of INTEL to get basic info, COUNTER-OPS that can be assassinated, etc.
      Display Spoiler

"We rarely recognize how wonderful it is that a person can traverse an entire lifetime without making a single really serious mistake — like putting a fork in one's eye or using a window instead of a door."
      - Marvin Lee Minsky

The post was edited 3 times, last by Efreet: grammar, readability ().

• efreet said 1) Way too much. Info about production or city size are globally known. Can't hide refinery, or factory or any heavy industry facility in XXI century. Only to hideOnly to hide info about building really is

im commenting this sentence

Only to hide info about building levels is really needed this is really hard to do, because of all the spying going we really pretty much know at what levels everybodys got to certain extent plus you always take worst case scenario of what they got as well
      • hello