TDS against Helicopters

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• TDS against Helicopters

At my last game i engaged with my helicopters (combined gunships and antitank) an enemy stack of units compounded from some infantry units , some AFV units and 2 TDS. At my first engagement i received only small casualties at my HP, but at the next 2 attacks the TDS start shooting my helicopters inflict real big casualties. How that happened it supposed that TDS cannot shoot helicopters.
    • It's hard to tell just from the description you've made but there are a few possibilities.
      1. Infantry and AFV have some decent defense against helis, might just be in the first round you got lucky and received less damage than normal (or the other way around, next two attacks were unlucky for you)
      2. Some AA appeared in the vicinity of your target (Frigates or higher tier mobile AA) with enough range to support defending unit
      3. Enemy had some Air superiority fighters ot other aircraft patrolling nearby supporting defending unit.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Yeti ().

• It wasnt any other enemy unit around , only this enemy ground stack and after my second and third attack start showing that graphic that his TDS shooting missiles. i lost two helicopters from my second attack and two more at my third , there was about 4 infantry units and 2 tank units (plus 2 TDS units) which was impossible to inflict that casualties.
    • Could you give us a screenshot of the notification / newspaper showing that it's the TDS group that shot on your helicopters ?
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • No unfortunately i didnt save any screenshot but i can assure you that i saw with my eyes the graphic of the TDS shooting missiles and my helicopter division losing helicopters after the attack i didnt had any airplane around cause i knew that there was 2 TDS in that enemy stack. Is there any possibility that when a TDS is in the same stack with infantry unit can help the infantry stack with the defense and shoot helicopters ?

The post was edited 1 time, last by skorpios1979 ().

• No. Can i have game id and "where it took place", and against who, to check if there was something you didn't see ?
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • The game ID was 2533311
      I had (I was playing as Indonesia) an airfield near Jaipur India from where my helicopters attack
      The enemy (Turkey) had this Tank division somewhere in Pakistan, i lost some helicopters first over Islamabad and the rest above Gujranwala
      I think i found the message form con news and saying that my 50th attack squadron(at the beginning was wing) has been destroyed from 22th Tank division, about day 81 the incident happened.
    • Ok. From what i see, there was indeed no other anti-air in the zone. My best guess would be that it's the motorised inf lvl max that, stacked, dealt damages to your attack helicopters.

However, i can't say that there is 0 possibility that there was a bug.

Have you used direct attack or patrol ?

Your use of helicopters is specifically what they were designed for : disruptive in late game for anti-airplanes bubbles.
    • It was a direct attack not patrol mode, i saw the graphic when TDS using their missiles against enemy planes and after that i lost some helicopters the first attack was with the minimum casualties as i was expecting against infantry units and didnt lost any helicopter and the TDS didnt show the graphic of launching missiles, but the second and third attack was a massacre for my helicopters.
    • skorpios1979 wrote:

It was a direct attack not patrol mode, i saw the graphic when TDS using their missiles against enemy planes and after that i lost some helicopters the first attack was with the minimum casualties as i was expecting against infantry units and didnt lost any helicopter and the TDS didnt show the graphic of launching missiles, but the second and third attack was a massacre for my helicopters.
      TDS have 0 damage against helicopters, but they have ATK range against them, so attacking TDS with a heli may trigger the animation. But it makes no difference for your helicopters (in terms of received damage).
    • But the problem is that i lost a helicopter stuck with almost full HP (3 gunships level 3 and 2 antitank level 3 or 4) from a Tank division consisted from about 4-5 motorised infantry full upgraded i think , 2 Tanks and 2 TDS. If you count the attack values of my helicopters and the defend values of the infantry (cause TANKS and TDS supposed cannot damage helicopters) this should not happened. I lost all my helicopters and he had only some few casualties at the end of this battle.
    • skorpios1979 wrote:

But the problem is that i lost a helicopter stuck with almost full HP (3 gunships level 3 and 2 antitank level 3 or 4) from a Tank division consisted from about 4-5 motorised infantry full upgraded i think , 2 Tanks and 2 TDS. If you count the attack values of my helicopters and the defend values of the infantry (cause TANKS and TDS supposed cannot damage helicopters) this should not happened. I lost all my helicopters and he had only some few casualties at the end of this battle.
      Tanks do have DEF points against helicopters. And 5 maxed out motorised inf have some decent DEF against helis too. But yeah, losing an entire helicopter stack to that is a bit much.