UAV not stealthy when they should?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• UAV not stealthy when they should?

Since some time I have issues with stealth UAVs. It seems that proper level of destroyer or frigate (perhaps both, I'm sure about frigates though) can see stealth level UAV (as radar dot). As far I know ships shouldn't be able to do so, bc. stealth detecting ability of those ships should detect only submarines. Or something has changed in stealth units detection department :>?
    • Curently unit descriptions are kind of lacking to make this more comprehensible and intuitive, only reading the wiki really helps:
      Field of View

Below radar range unit probably could use a second layer that tells, if a unit can reveal units of that kind.

Also scouting needs a distinct different symbol than revealing.

Battle and Attack helicopters can only scout not reveal, which makes it missleading that they have the 'reveal' symbol.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Kalrakh ().

• So, is it a bug that frigates/destroyers can reveal radar trace of UAV or not? Obviously in my case (3 times already) there were no other units in area like awacs, mobile radars or TDS and so on, so it's not the case that other type of unit detected those UAVs. There were only frigates in one case and in two cases frigates+destroyers (in all cases on unit level that had reveal/detect stealth ability).
    • Well, I would like to hear response from devs - after all in other topic they explained this case differently... My main concern is: is this intentional or not, because there is no trace of stealth detection change for frigates or destroyers in news as far as I know, and I believe as players we should be notified about such a change.

PS
      Kalrakh, this topic was created because at least frigates at proper level can in practice detect UAVs - my questions isn't about if they can. Please read with comprehension :)
    • Maybe I can summerize it for everyone:

Frigates have Radar and at lvl6 they can detect stealth Airforce and Drones (and probably specops)
      Destroyers have Radar which detects Naval, Ground and Ait Targets (but no stealth Air)
      Destroyers also have Sonar (same range as dest.radar) Sonar detects Subs.

This hav not been changed during the updates.

Thats the reason why players tend to stack frigates and destroyers together.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Dorado Games
      DE - Team Lead
      Conflict of Nations

"That was not me, it was already broken!"
    • Hi, Guys! And I can add some:
      "
      1. Destroyers have Radar... (but not Stealth any units, ground/air)

2. If u have stack Stealth air + not Stealth air(heavybobmber example)... and enemy have radar (but can't detect Stealth), any simple radar will see u unit(green point) and will hit it if can antiair... u Stealth Air will damage too) but if u split this stack Stealth air to disappear in his radar contact
      "

The post was edited 1 time, last by KLYDDlite ().

• Kalrakh wrote:

Just check the wiki, they always were able to detect stealth aircraft at high level, it is their combat role to fight aircrafts after all.

Not sure what you mean by: in other topic explained differently
      In another topic (yeah, I did research before asking if it's a bug) one of devs said that frigates can detect only one type of stealth units: submarines

Fereyd wrote:

Fereyd wrote:

I believe it does, just without notice in news. I remember flying over max trier frigates last end of summer without them detecting my drones during war.
      Not really, main reason is to provide air/anti sub cover, but that's another topic. Thanks for answer either way.
    • Eternus wrote:

Kalrakh wrote:

Just check the wiki, they always were able to detect stealth aircraft at high level, it is their combat role to fight aircrafts after all.

Not sure what you mean by: in other topic explained differently
      In another topic (yeah, I did research before asking if it's a bug) one of devs said that frigates can detect only one type of stealth units: submarines

Fereyd wrote:

Fereyd wrote:

I believe it does, just without notice in news. I remember flying over max trier frigates last end of summer without them detecting my drones during war.
      Not really, main reason is to provide air/anti sub cover, but that's another topic. Thanks for answer either way.
      To topic 1:
      My guess would be, that he mixed frigates with destroyers. Destroyers detect (stealth) subs and frigates only stealth airplanes.

To topic 2:
      When was that? In old times frigates only could use AA attacks once every hour. Also there was a time, where AA units lost their AA-attack if the stack did a regular long range attack.

Or you simply slipped by between two checks for hostile airplanes.