Morale

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• So im playing a game as Indonesia and built up a pretty decent sized Navy.
      I just sailed around to Sweden and back again destorying Germany, Poland, France, Sweden.
      Currently at war with 8 or so Nations, everyone thats left apart from my Coalition has declared war on me.
      I have intercontinental up, used my first one a few hours ago and noticed a -10 moral on civilian deaths.

Current moral

-7 HQ
      -10 nearby moral
      -26 civilian deaths
      -18 at war with 9 nations

So all this is crazy, my moral is dropping dramatically, im not even bothering trying to capture cities and ones i had previously captured are starting to rebel.
      I'm literally losing moral EVERWHERE. I'm trying to clean up enemies but +2 is, i mean my enemies are huge now.

What is worse, with +4 civilians daily and my Nukes coming into play my moral is going to suffer even more.

What do these numbers mean?
      How much moral does a unit give?
      Does a National Guard give less then Special forces?
      Can i use defensive spies?

Seriously can someone please help me out with understanding how to repair Moral.

Im building hospitals like crazy trying to stem the tide.
    • I guess the part that needs explanation the most are civilian casualties:

Every unit has population damage, civilian casualties come from that. (You can check pop damage in unit info screen - be wary though, it doesn't translate 1:1 into morale penalty)
      More population you kill, the bigger penalty you get.
      It may go up to -30, that's a hard cap.
      Every day you recover 33% - if you have -30 and don't kill a lot of civilians at day change penalty will drop to -20, next day -14...
      During normal war it doesn't grow too much, but nukes and chemical weapons tend to increase it rapidly.

To put some light on morale mechanic in general:
      Morale for every province ranges from 0 to 100.
      Every province has certain level of "target morale" it grows to, depending on province status (homeland, annexed, occupied) and these factors you mentioned + some other:
      buildings, surrounding morale, surrounding enemy provinces, number of wars, contamination, lack of resources(negative production), distance to HQ and civilian casualties.
      At day change province morale changes towards "target morale" by a few points (depending how far off it is now: province with 100% current morale and 20% target morale will lose it much faster then one with 40% current and 20% target)
    • I have one of my cities resources constantly drained and moral down to 40% yet all other cities are 90-100%... day change I see that their is a spy there and everyday Ive put another counter in just to try and get him. After day 43 and I have 6 counter spies yet NOTHING!!! Yet whenever I send mine out they’re caught instantly.
    • ross222 wrote:

ive had this happen to me as well i have never understood this it got so bad once that i put nine counter espionage spies in one city before it actually did something this might also have to with the fact you can put three spies in one city
      Lmao!!! Well the day is about to be over so I just loaded mine up with 10 since I had over 150k lmao
    • I have to admit, the range between total randomness <---> absolute outcomes is a bit skewed towards the randomness side, a bit too much imho. I had 3 spies in all cities and it took them 2-3 days to catch several active enemy spies.

Maybe nothing worthy of a fix though...
      "Any of you *uckin' pricks move, and I'll execute every mother*uckin' last one of ya!" - Honey Bunny