Why do Helicopters have a range stat, but Airborne don't?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Why do Helicopters have a range stat, but Airborne don't?

AH attack range.png
      AB attack range.png

Why can't the airborne have the range they can jump here? I can try and ferry a helicopter and get the 400 click range, but I can't do that before I fly an airborne unit into an airport. White circles don't always work, so I use the helicopters to measure. If I had the figure for how far the airborne could jump, then I would know if the air field would be desireable.
      "For what shall it profit a man, if he gain the whole world, and suffer the loss of his soul?" -
    • It's not their ATK range, and I think it would be difficult to add another stat category like "Air Assault Range". Also, imagine how it would look like with Towed Artillery (with Air Assault), artillery with 400 range?
      Circles don't always work, because sometimes, when another airfield is far away, airborne infantry (and other units with air assault) need to arrive to one of the local air bases/airfields to get access to another set of circles (or that's how it's been working for me).
    • The problem is, that they mix up operating range and attack range for flying units. As Sergey says, you can't do that for air assault units because it would be to confusing.

The game needs and overhaul for the icons. Air assualt for example should have 3 icons: Air Assault I, Air Assault II and Air Assault III, each icon would provide actual range with mouse over.

Also new players could see more easily that getting a higher tier will also improve air assault of an unit.

Air transport would need the same, because I think it also depends on level of unit.

And stealth and anti-stealth it currently also very confusing.

P. S.: The attack range of flying unit can be even a bit bigger than displayed. ;)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Kalrakh ().

• You are right SergeyPakhomov with the circles don't work, so I logically went to the unit stats, my point being disappointed without the consistency.

I agree with you on everything Kalrakh. With the special units (Air Assault and Stealth) it seems that only experience and inference give you the information you need. I hope they have something in the works for UI/Stats/Wiki to further clarify it. The setback is that the wiki is static and another "update" choke point.
      "For what shall it profit a man, if he gain the whole world, and suffer the loss of his soul?" -
    • We have several things in this slated for updates in the coming weeks/months:

Range circles / indicators: This is a real issue and we need to address it quickly. Presently we aren't even showing rang circles for grounded aircraft. Bad. Plain and simple.
      Informative tooltips: They should supply all of the required information dynamically (yes, I know - this is revolutionary ;) but these need to wait until after the mobile release due to the UI / UX changes already planned for said platform

In the mean time let me see if we can at least possibly olschool (put them in the text) for you - cause it does matter (obviously you should see the ranges in the first place once you select the unit)
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf