GENERAL UPDATE (190124)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• GENERAL UPDATE (190124)

+ + + + UPDATE + + + +
      Dear players,
      Moving well into 2019 and already we are changing some of the established Rock/Paper/Scissor of our missile-play. This update revamps the behavior of Theater Defense Systems vs Missiles, with the TDS receiving some early game bonuses and later game mobility. In turn, the anti-aircraft capabilities of TDS have been somewhat reduced to further highlight the system's role as a dedicated anti-missile unit. With TDS now airlifting in Tier 2 and ground movement speeding up Tier by Tier there could even be a place for it in the front lines - protecting those valuable stacks against NBC attacks later in the game.

PLEASE JOIN NEW GAMES GENERATED POST-UPDATE TO BENEFIT FROM ALL LATEST CHANGES!

GAME AND BALANCING CHANGES
      • Theater Defense System
        • Increased ATK versus Missiles to 12/12.5/13/14/15/16
        • Decreased ATK versus Aircraft to 2/2.5/2.5/3/3.5/4
        • Increased base speed by Tier to 0.5/0.75/1
        • The Airlift ability has been pulled forward to Tier 2
        • Reduced ATK and Radar Range by 25 across the board
      • Ballistic Missile
        • Adjusted Hitpoints to 15/16/17/19/21/23
      • ICBM
        • Adjusted Hitpoints to 22/26/33/40
        • Swapped out level 2 and 3 researches
          • Range Upgrade is now level 2 research
          • Missile Shield Upgrade is now level 3 research
      • Hospital description now contains the appropriate percentages of population growth bonuses
      • Nationalization
        • Homeland City will no longer be displayed in city bar - only in the city list (allowing sorting)

MAP CHANGES
      • 64 Player World War 3
        • Starting units have been updated (made the minor AI nations easier to conquer, reverting to a more conservative player starting setup)
        • Adak and Makushin provinces added in Alaska
      • 150 Player Overkill
        • New Starting Unit setup (made the minor AI nations easier to conquer, reverting to a more conservative player starting setup)
        • Added Islands, Updated Provinces, Polished Connections

FIXES
      • Due to a current issue which frequently appears in speed games, we have updated the transfer of Coalition Leadership (this is a temporary workaround to patch technical issues, and will be revised in a future update.):
        • It now only takes place if the coalition leader is NOT a Security Council member, and has abandoned the game.
        • If the coalition leader is a Security Council member, and has abandoned the game, the only way to change leadership right now is to leave the coalition and form a new one.
      • Defeated players will be removed from the coalition, and another will be assigned Leader. If there are no players left, the coalition is disbanded.
      • Added Wiki entry for nationalization feature
      • Fixed randomized combat log notifications upon entering a game - they will now appear in their correct order
      • Fixed issue where Anti-Air Timers and Combat Timers were not displaying correctly or missing.
      • After finishing the nationalization of a homeland city it will no longer be marked as abandoned, and Annexation and Homeland City progress will now be properly displayed in city list

EDIT: A bug has presented itself in that if you are constructing a building, the buildings in that cities HP will look as if it is the same as all your other buildings. You can rest easy that THIS IS ONLY VISUAL, and your buildings are still at full HP. We're working on a fix, but you don't need to worry, the buildings aren't necessarily damaged unless someone actually damaged them. ETA for a fix tomorrow.

//Your Dorado Team
      Dorado Games
      Conflict Of Nations

The post was edited 2 times, last by Yak ().

• Nice. Cruise missiles were a bit overwhelming for point defense in late (with last week update), and the TDS is an heavy ass. It's now more focused at what it is supposed to do : provide an defense against ballistic/icbms (that can less be spammed than cruise), and in late can be considered for "point defense".

Now, i like that it doesn't "works" anymore against aircrafts, but i think that it if it "must not work" against aircraft, then you shouldn't give them an air-attack at all, because it becomes very "tempting" to trigger TDS with kamikaze planes :D
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Taking Planes completely out of TDS is a thing... we didn't want to go that far. But maybe we should... Before doing this I would consider carefully though. So let's weigh the pros and cons.

PROS:
      It would effectively solve the problem of baiting via plane causing only minor damage while completely shutting down ranged Anti Missile capacity
      It would create a Rock/Paper/Scissor effect where Planes could go TDS hunting without fear of being shot down (similar to Helicopter SAM hunting)

CONS:
      TDS would become a total one trick pony... and may not be feasible for many players, achieving the opposite of what we want (having a missile shield of sorts)
      Helicopters would lose their Anti Air hunter status and AIrcraft would gain more ground

TBDs:
      Renders detection of Stealth Planes useless - as they don't affect them IF we remove planes from the damage list
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf

The post was edited 2 times, last by Germanico ().

• I think it moves TDS in the right direction, good tweak. I spit my coffee out when I read, "With TDS now airlifting in Tier 2 and ground movement speeding up Tier by Tier there could even be a place for it in the front lines - protecting those valuable stacks against NBC attacks later in the game." The tier 2 speed is the same, and it's still a boat anchor. But at least I know that forward airbases need to whacked quicker.

GAME AND BALANCING CHANGES :thumbsup:
      Theater Defense System

NEW Increased ATK versus Missiles to 12/12.5/13/14/15/16
      OLD 8/9/10/11/12/13
      NEW Decreased ATK versus Aircraft to 2/2.5/2.5/3/3.5/4
      OLD 4/4.5/4.5/5/5.5/6
      NEW Increased base speed by Tier to 0.5/0.75/1
      OLD 0.5/0.75/0.75

Ballistic Missile
      NEW Adjusted Hitpoints to 15/16/17/19/21/23
      OLD 15/16/17/20/23/25

ICBM
      NEW Adjusted Hitpoints to 22/26/33/40
      OLD 30/33/36/38
      "For what shall it profit a man, if he gain the whole world, and suffer the loss of his soul?" -
    • TDS now do so low damage, that you can bait them even easier with airplanes. Also hunting them down with strike fighters won't yield much risk anymore.

If they get baited by airplanes, they also lose capability to do their one trick: take down missiles.

On the other hand TDS are the only AA unit that can detect and attack stealth airplanes. This change made those units even stronger I would think.

But we finally got our timers back. :D
    • Sure they would.

As from this update. You must! research and build SAM to defend your ground units against air attacks. TDS wont do it for you anymore.

I had them in my homelandcity to defend agaisnt crazy missle trowers and to protect newly build units from "airplane snipers". Mean give them some protect before they enter a stakc with anti air defense.

Reduing the ability of navy to protect a wide area agaisnt airplanes - Now i need to put SAMs in place.

Also pitty that the range was reduced by 25. Helps "missle spammers" as you miss a chance to hit a second time.
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • @ germanico
      I think, you archieved your goal. As i was never that Navy player (even if thi is my avatar) I liked the changes. TDS was always my favorie, but now i focus mostly on diversity... seems for me like a better deal... :)
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Dorado Games
      DE - Team Lead
      Conflict of Nations

"That was not me, it was already broken!"