Demolishing buildings

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Demolishing buildings

Hi all!

I have seen people demolishing cities to avoid giving points and revenues to someone who will cap the city (I think that's the reason).
      Capturing a large city should be rewarded with the use of its facilities.
      If you did not destroy the city by bombarding it, your trade, industry and facilities will be working
      for your people and for the empire that has conquered it without damage.It is part of the fourth generation war, to avoid destroying what will be yours, both the population and the facilities.
      I suggest a delay and some cost to demolish, like RL, since we have no valid reason to demolish something, in a fair game.

Cheers, and good death!

"When the rich wage war, it's the poor who die."Jean-Paul Sartre
    • It maybe not because they are pissed but to deny the enemy anything easier. Being an Asian country, made it through India and came to a standstill in Iraq, then I got pushed back. Do you think I was going to let the enemy use my facilities? Hell no, razed every building from Iraq to India as forces retreated and regrouped. When I regrouped, it took me back to Myanmar, and then the invader was attacking with Natty Guard, he ran out of resources. So I counter attacked and now I am back to Iran. It helped that I kept the Conventional BM on his midway airbases to prevent air support of the Natty Light Infantry, but scorched earth worked.

I had another game, Three invaders from day one. Took me 16 days to defeat them, and I was a shell of a country. Another country came at me, it was a lost cause for me but I could give my coalition partners some intel and some time. Fell back to the doom stack in my capital and as they advanced, leveled the cities and sold the resources on the market because time was running out. Sent a lone Naval Inf to make Fiji my new home with some cash. Spent the next 6 days doing sabotage with that cash form sold resources.
      "For what shall it profit a man, if he gain the whole world, and suffer the loss of his soul?" -