Graphic mess

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• @gorebello2: What you call "mess" others call "immersion". Also: It's not like we are Starcraft and all of these units are zipping around the screen at insane speeds.
      For some players it cannot get abstract enough (eg. NATO counters) while others want effects and explosions. We are trying to find a middle ground - which doesn't always succeed ;)

This said we are working on a new client technology allowing closer zoom etc. (besides increasing performance). So there should be something in it for all of us.
      As it is required for our mobile client as well it has studio priority and will arrive SOON(tm).

//G
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • To be totally honest, even if it's immersive, in THIS specific screenshot the guy probably feels like more like an XVIII th century general that waits for the smoke of the muskets to disappear, to see if he has lost more mens than the opponent :P
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Germanico wrote:

@gorebello2: What you call "mess" others call "immersion". Also: It's not like we are Starcraft and all of these units are zipping around the screen at insane speeds.
      For some players it cannot get abstract enough (eg. NATO counters) while others want effects and explosions. We are trying to find a middle ground - which doesn't always succeed ;)

This said we are working on a new client technology allowing closer zoom etc. (besides increasing performance). So there should be something in it for all of us.
      As it is required for our mobile client as well it has studio priority and will arrive SOON(tm).

//G
      I believe toogle options would be welcome too. Toogle flying, land units and sea units. Leaving just a dot instead of the stick showing the correct position. I frequently mistake the positions of troops even in less poluted situations than my exagerated screen shot. I love the models when I'm not at those situations though. I would actually like to be allowed to name every unit or division <3.

Since you are reading this right now I just remembered another minor thing. As units get stacked they change the designation from batallion to division. Maybe consider changing it from brigade to division. It feels a little wierd to me.
    • The Battalion - Brigade step missing actually is a legacy issue - we only inherited two levels of formation at the time we took over the engine from Bytro.
      Factually our scope of units being created actually is the Battalion level (unlike WW2 games where it's usually brigades).
      The problem is, that we immediately switch to Division level once you amass more than 2 Battalions, which in reality would actually represent Brigades.
      We had to cut this out unfortunately due to compatibility issues and now really don't want to open said can of worms again.

Under wartime conditions you would usually expect Divisions to be fielded somewhat below nominal strength, leaving a believable Division size stack somewhere north of say 5 Battalions.

Hope that explains it a bit...

//G
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf