Navy vs missile , navy vs artilery

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Navy vs missile , navy vs artilery

I feel that with the new balancing updates Navy becomes completely unnecessery . Their capabilities against artilery became much more worse and Cruisers lost its 125 range so MLRS just outranged it and mobile artilery got same range with a lot of HP . If we look at how they are doing against cruise missiles it is even worse. High level cruise missiles now got 15 HP which is a lot and again with the newest updates unless you got 4 highest frigates per stack all surface vessels will sink against any air attacks with enough stock of missiles. As a navy lover i found it too disturbing and forced to make no navy at all in new games. ?( ?(
    • Or take to discussion to this level.

Calculate the bang you get for your money:

Cruiser: 4500 comp, 1700 elec. 3000money
      laong range rockets: 2250 nachschub, 1100 elect. 2500 money.
      Research is much more expensive and.

Calculate the fight dynamics:
      I can stack only 5 cruisers before i get stack penalty. i can stack 10 long rangers to get penalty.
      I can buy nearly twice as much long rangers as cruisers. and i can literaly attack every peace of the land with them...cruiser inly 100km from coast line.
      I can heal ground units in a fully build up city faster.
      I can transport them via air fast.
      If i am mart i put them in the mountains and get 25% bonus...;-)

Given the fact that long range can take out the cruiser now without noticing (yeah sorry cant be online 24/7) and fighting back. they are gone without retaliation.
      If I am smart enought to time my missle launch right i can kick the 25km range of the crusiers air defense and just hit the cruiser within the 10 min range. (if there is a fregate..srew it it does to much damage to the missles anyway)

I agree with maharam you totally screwed the navy.

Thank you for telling me...I was jsut about to do a game with fully buidl up navy. will switch back to ground units immeadatly as I did not notives when you reduces the navy values so much.
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • Thanks for the calcs @kurtvonstein - good arguments.

This said, and what I love about designing online games... we reduce cruiser range by 25 and the community shouts out "YOU TOTALLY SCREWED THE NAVY!!!!" ;) no offense taken though.

First and foremost we nerfed cruisers - because they were driving around in 5er stacks destroying everything in their way. It may be that we "destroyed" your way of playing navy. Possible, I don't want to deny this.
      Does this mean that cruisers are worthless? I sincerely do not believe so. This said maybe we need to look at the stats again and calculate eg. Arty damage vs ships.
      Anyhow, I thank you for this discussion, because it helps us judge better the impact of our changes - with such a complex game you can imagine that we sometimes oversee details which turn out to be extremely important.
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • Pssst, just use the Navy has a sea-borne cruise missile launch pad! Or use them as recon! What, you mean you still fight surface battles? In 2019!? No one does that anymore!
      "The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman.Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph." - Thomas Paine

• Germanico wrote:

we reduce cruiser range by 25 and the community shouts out "YOU TOTALLY SCREWED THE NAVY!!!!"
      One guy kurtvonstein shouted.

What I am baffeled about is that people let 5 stacks of cruisers roam around, that is my sub's favorite bedtime meal. The only problem I have with naval combat (I love it and I think it's great in game, especially when you have all the toys) is that the lower level of Corvette's need to be buffed more on damage and HP, not much, just some. I found that around day 10 your Corvette's can start coming up against destroyers and they die so quickly in a 1 destroyer vs 3 corvettes on light blue water. Other than that, I think the true balance of naval/land units has finally been achieved. I hate the Naval aircraft being tied to non-naval air craft in the research tree. I hate that you can't set a fleet into a port for accelerated healing, yes it add's the element of "oh crap that was close and now I have to heal." Would make some obscure places more valuable if you built a "Naval Hospital" in Hawaii or Diego Garcia, Parcel Islands, Fiji, and Iceland/Greenland. Why does every island have dead end paths, why aren't their more drive by sea lanes? Sometimes I just want to send a wolfpack to drive by and say hi with some cruise missiles and keep it moving.
      "For what shall it profit a man, if he gain the whole world, and suffer the loss of his soul?" -
    • Germanico wrote:

This said, and what I love about designing online games... we reduce cruiser range by 25 and the community shouts out "YOU TOTALLY SCREWED THE NAVY!!!!" ;) no offense taken though.
      Even if you woudl have reduce only my 1 km i would have said you "enteiert" them. Because with long range unit - who wonders- range matters.

Given the fact that if a unit is outranged then it will not fire back when it is under fire.
      Given the fact that this is an online game: i will login at 2300 attack your navy with my outranged untis and in the morning the show is over and you didnt even have the chanc to react.

Thats why i always! put the untis with the longest ranges in my stacks to retaliate if someone uses my well deserved sleep night hours
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • I dunno, I have been playing this game for 2 years and if you have to rely on artillery to kill navy, you are doing something wrong. I look at navy as "how can I do a blind amphibious assault successfully". You need "eyes", ground support, and ground invasion forces. Starting with "eyes": you need a Naval AWAC or UAV as the only viable options, Naval AWAC too long to research to UAV is the only choice. Ground Support: Cruisers are your artillery and your naval aircraft or choppers, since you can't put a lot into carrier research because you are doing your level 2 survival/armor research's your carrier is going to only be able to hold 4, subtract 1 for the UAV you are left with 3. If you have frigates you can go with 3 naval strike or 3 attack choppers. Invasion force: all you have left to kill is infantry so go with 5 Naval Infantry because if you haven't completed your AFV research, you can't do Naval armor. And that is all you can muster by day 12 of "Island" nation (Australia, Japan, Indonesia, Philippines).

If some way the research for that if properly executed was down to 8 days, it would heat up the Naval battles, because by day 20 you could have 3 of those groups roaming the seas and force nations to balance between land and sea.

What I love about the game now is that with the influx new players, growing existing players is several bad "play" styles have been diminishing: Doom Stack, 3 countries in 48 hrs and then quits after losing all units, and the power stack/cookie cutter units of 2 MBT and 1 Inf/ 3 MRLS, 1 TDS, and 1 Inf endlessly marching on.
      "For what shall it profit a man, if he gain the whole world, and suffer the loss of his soul?" -
    • @kurtvonstein
      CMs and frigates, you're wrong - only two are needed to defend, they have double value of defence when attacked directly, and CMs attack directly (or I'm mistaken and that feature was taken away from frigates?). Also generally missiles are weak and easy to counter, they don't need more nerfing, rather buffing (try to break TDS defence with BMs lol).
      MRL, it's more than that - one can use other units as cannon fodder to spread damage among more units than just arty (not to mention shelter bonus and so on).
      Unifying range of ships and MRL arty was one of the best things devs ever did - now you can go to school, job, sleep or on intimate rendezvous, without fear of being shot out by superior range unit.
      Fear of OP ASW helis, not missiles lol, they make navy more or less pointless recently, not CMs or nerfed frigates.

Stop saying that navy units are outranged by ship, they're not. Ranges are unified, you might be playing older version. Only corvettes lack 100 range, MRL top (actually earlier than top lol) have 100 as any other top ship except corvettes. Also two other types of arty lack 100 range - that should be changed because in meta game they're not efficient choice.

@MallahanJr
      Corvettes - probably most pointless to use units of all. Why? Meta game they lack range - can be eliminated without loss.

Actually "power stack/cookie cutter" is best option for land based army (especially with premium account and proper attack option), just different composition of units.