Trade Embargos, how can we up the impact???

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Trade Embargos, how can we up the impact???

Currently Trade Embargos seem a little bit underwhelming. Trade embargos (or sanctions) are usually used to cripple the economies of countries deemed to be stepping out from the global status quo, but at the moment in game they only really end up being used to allow trade inside a coalition (in my limited experience at least, would be very interested to hear other peoples ideas for how to use it)

Id like to suggest that a trade embargo should cause a -1 morale penalty (similar to war, but half as effective) meaning if enough small nations team up to embargo a larger nation, it will have a meaningful impact on the major nations resource production.

What do you guys think??
    • Scott, I also agree with Germanico, as currently all they offer is a convoluted way to circumvent the market mechanics the devs have implemented, so instead the suggestion is to implement a different economic impact on the player, a morale drop, which will have a knock on effect on the resources generated in a players cities.

But, removing them altogether has the same effect, I just dont think in its current form it is a useful diplomatic tool, and having buttons for the sake of buttons doesn't please anyone.

Thanks once again for all the work, the game improves with every patch!
    • You can't remove Trade Embargo as long you don't offer different means of trading for public games, I would say.

Also Trade Embargos have an effect:
      If everybody Trade Embargos you, you won't be able to trade anymore and might suffer from imbalances in production, hampering your developement.

If only one country Trade Embargos you, of course you hardly feel it. It is like in the real world, Trade Embargos only work the way they do, if a coalition like the NATO coordinates a teamed Trade Embargo.

Not to mention that Trade Embargos go both ways, if you embargo someone, your own economy is affected to.
    • Trade Embargo's are important to the market warriors. You build up and sell cheap components and electrics and get them hooked on the market. Then you raise the prices and use the money to hire agents to subvert the country, all while you are at war with another coalition. It's how the man keeps everyone down.
      "For what shall it profit a man, if he gain the whole world, and suffer the loss of his soul?" -
    • @MallahanJr I do not see where in your description of a normal market strategy Embargo comes in.

Embargos are not relevant to the game and often confusing to new players.

Features without noticeable relevance have no place in online games, thus we are planning to remove this mechanic.
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf

The post was edited 3 times, last by Germanico ().

• MallahanJr wrote:

Trade Embargo's are important to the market warriors. You build up and sell cheap components and electrics and get them hooked on the market. Then you raise the prices and use the money to hire agents to subvert the country, all while you are at war with another coalition. It's how the man keeps everyone down.
      Starting from day 10 there are no offers on the market anymore...

As long as there is no vital mrket and embargo does not effect anybody...I agree that it can be removed.
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • Player A needs Supplies, Player B in the same coalition has extra supplies. I want to trade at bottom dollar to my coalition partner, but I can't because someone has a buy 5000 supplies @ $4. You throw up the trade embargo's, do the deed, then remove it. Some one asks, "hey I thought we were friends, why did you trade embargo me?" to which you reply, "accident, everything is cool." If that isn't relevant, than I don't know what is.
      "For what shall it profit a man, if he gain the whole world, and suffer the loss of his soul?" -
    • You can have this quite easier.
      Tell Your comerade to put a buy request in Market: (Will buy for $4,1 or $4,3)
      Then he tells you what his price is
      you can choose and deliver to him...
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Dorado Games
      DE - Team Lead
      Conflict of Nations

"That was not me, it was already broken!"
    • Rthyder wrote:

Currently Trade Embargos seem a little bit underwhelming. Trade embargos (or sanctions) are usually used to cripple the economies of countries deemed to be stepping out from the global status quo, but at the moment in game they only really end up being used to allow trade inside a coalition (in my limited experience at least, would be very interested to hear other peoples ideas for how to use it)

Id like to suggest that a trade embargo should cause a -1 morale penalty (similar to war, but half as effective) meaning if enough small nations team up to embargo a larger nation, it will have a meaningful impact on the major nations resource production.

What do you guys think??
      I am now having to deal with the problem that a player/players have put up to 5K at a max unit price that prevents all other players from trading components and supplies as they are all sold to the player /players that have maxed the unit price for amounts above 5,000 units so there is now no way for teammates to buy or sell to each other as the market has been usurped by a single player/ players this makes the whole trading system untenable for all other players ( especially if the player cornering the market uses gold )
      I would suggest player should have the ability to buy and sell at whatever price they wish rather than one player gaining the whole market due to huge trade amounts at max unit prices
    • jemandanderes wrote:

So if there are multiple offers and you pick a worse price you get the better price? I didn't expect that.
      yes that's how it works, it is just another aspect of strategy that the OP apparently doesn't appreciate
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD