March Tournament Registrations

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Yak wrote:

@Fereyd @Mc_Johnsen @Akumage @_Airborne_ @Major_Pointe @Crang @PhantomNiqht @Sima_7 @GTBurnside @WiseGamer27 @Bulldog79_ @7MattyP @lokseth

I've updated the registration process, please be sure to apply here. You will receive an email to the gameID and password shortly before the day (1st March)
      I wasn't applying, Yak. Just asking a question. I won't be partaking this time as I don't have the gold to pay for it.
      "Any of you *uckin' pricks move, and I'll execute every mother*uckin' last one of ya!" - Honey Bunny
    • Yak wrote:

Registrations are closed, and the players have been allocated to the gameID's. Expect the email to join the game soon. The tournament starts at 22:00PM (UTC+1), but you can join as soon as you have the info. If alliances or players are caught cheating, you will have your alliance and accounts permanently banned.
      @Yak `If alliances or players are caught cheating, you will have your alliance and accounts permanently banned.`

As this is a very serious punishment, can we get clarification on what "cheating" entails?

`The rules which apply to any other CoN game type, apply here. Wolfpacking is strictly forbidden and could warrant you a disqualification. Support staff are able to play, but under strict supervision of Dorado.`

I'm confused about how "Wolfpacking", which, as I understand it, is "too many alliance members joining a public match", possible for this tournament, since only those who have already registered will be able to join. Are you extending the definition of "Wolfpacking" to include alliance members ganging up together within the tournament?
    • @Akumage
      I won't disclose how alliances can cheat, but you don't need to worry, all you need to do is join the game and play. What's important is that you join the game you are assigned. All else is handled through ambiguity of the players and random placements. And yes, you're right that saying in this case wolfpacking is near impossible, but in future events alliances and 'sister' alliances may try to cheat the system by coordinating with one another, which will not be allowed. Again, for this event you cannot do this as alliance members are limited to 1 per map. That clause is there for the sake of security not only for this event, but also for future ones.

@Kalrakh
      Please note, that the alliance limit is stated in the forum post:"There can only be 10% of players in one map who are in an Alliance with one another."In this case, since Mediterranean Maps are going to be used, they can only house 1 player per alliance. Since this is the first tournament, honestly speaking I did not anticipate how many would register, so I couldn't give you a value of how many people per alliance can register. Alliance members limitations also depend on the map choice which will be used. Moving forward with future events I now have a figure which I can use as reference. Since this is an event focused for lone players, the Mediterranean map is being used so limit alliance participation. In due time different events will have different 'focuses'.
      Dorado Games
      Conflict Of Nations

• I posted it in discord too, in the forum for better visibility:

Does it mean, there are multiple gameIDs/Rounds/Maps but only ONE winner of all the different gameIDs (who run at the same time)?
      And this winner is who wins the fastest? In other words, whoever has the worst opponents on his maps wins?! If another player is doing good progress, I might not be able to contest him at all because I am in another game lobby?!
      Can I compare this to a blitz chess tournament, with 12 participants, 6x 1 vs 1, and the winner of the entire tournament is whoever defeats his opponents first?!

What is CoN about? Is it about demolishing some of his opponents in the fastest possible way? Some, because I am obviously only facing few players and not every other participants. CoN is a game with a bit of luck, especially right at the start some players might have better starting positions than others. Thats fine, thats inevitable.But talking about running over your opponent the fastest, thats involves a whole new level of luck. Sometimes, you have the right units to counter him, easy win, sometimes you don't, but you still manage the win, thats skill, but it takes more time. Sometimes your opponents are just less active and less good, so you got a way easier shot than others.
      Most importantly, if every player played together, things would get sorted out. The skilled players grow stronger ingame, defeat one weak player after another, eventually, the strong players would face each other. Determining who is truly the best player in this tournament, who of those last remaining players can survive and come out victorious. Which player can defeat the other skilled players and come out on top of everyone. Who is the best on the battlefield, who can defy everyone else? Thats what is should be about, not about who can kill his opponents the fastest while not fighting eachother.Can you truly say Player X is better than Player Y because Player X killed his opponents faster? All without Player X facing Player Y?

I signed up for the tournament, to face and fight some very good players. To fight them on the battlefield, not to have a race of who is the fastest in killing his enemies.

Alliance A and Alliance B wonder who is better.
      Alliance A has beaten Alliance C in 9 days.
      Meanwhile Alliance B has beaten Alliance C in only 8 days.

Conclusion, Alliance B is better than Alliance A right? Right?

Can we please put everyone on ONE map to fight it out there? I want to defeat everyone else, not just 11 others.

Edit(1):
      We still have too little info about teams. Also how the march tournament might interact with each other (March, April, ...)
      I may form coalitions? Coalitions up to three people? So we might get up to 3 winners? So no cross-game teams right?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Mc_Johnsen ().

• Mc_Johnsen wrote:

Does it mean, there are multiple gameIDs/Rounds/Maps but only ONE winner of all the different gameIDs (who run at the same time)?
      Yes

Mc_Johnsen wrote:

I signed up for the tournament, to face and fight some very good players. To fight them on the battlefield, not to have a race of who is the fastest in killing his enemies.
      A ladder system (elimination) may or may not come in the future. This is the first Dorado-hosted tournament, as each one will be different in the future there may or may not be a ladder tourny (which is what you want when so many types of players are involved).

Mc_Johnsen wrote:

We still have too little info about teams. Also how the march tournament might interact with each other (March, April, ...)
      Coalitions are allowed only per gameID. Each seasonal tournament is planned to occur at the end of that month. So, March, June, September, December are the months you want to brace-for.
      No cross-game teams, yes coalitions up to 3 people per game.
      Dorado Games
      Conflict Of Nations