Russia needs buff

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• akara211 wrote:

Russia is too weak for that land mass. It has very small army compared to it's size. It would be better if Russia gets transport system right in the start and have bigger army in the start. I'm lvl45 and it's challenging for the first time.
      So you are saying Russia needs a buff? A nerf is the opposite. And Russia is indeed very large, but if it were to get buffed like that then other countries like the US or China would need to get buffed, too.
    • If our game map is based on Mercator projection (globe stretched into a square), then the size and travel times in Russia does not reflect real life. I haven't played enough to know if this is already implemented but perhaps land masses closer to the poles should receive travel bonuses. However, this could be visually misleading as the same distances visually seen on the map at different areas will have different travel times, not to mention very difficult to control in terms of game mechanics.
    • General_Mo wrote:

If our game map is based on Mercator projection (globe stretched into a square), then the size and travel times in Russia does not reflect real life. I haven't played enough to know if this is already implemented but perhaps land masses closer to the poles should receive travel bonuses. However, this could be visually misleading as the same distances visually seen on the map at different areas will have different travel times, not to mention very difficult to control in terms of game mechanics.
      I think it's too much to travel 6days from 1 end to the another.
    • yes becouse its not land for new .. seriuosly its much more hard play for small country than for country with masive economy

like in overkill how you think that is fair play to play Russia or China or USA and some 1 23-4 city smal country

realy for fair play it has been only one way

evrybody have some land some city some unit on start and some country from matrix that is one like one some

i try play for most state and for evry its way just for wery small country than less city is realy unposible play fair play .. becouse if you good you something conqers if you speek may be have alies but if ennemy isnt not stupid and have a small acitivity its easy shut down your economy ( most its see on recruting ..)

if russa have 10 city 3 day you have 30 infatry if want realy you have problem with one tank ?

when your economy have not problem make aiport for only lift but small country have problem that his production its not small but minus ..

akara try to play with some another way ist not same way for evry state tactic .. and strategy ...

( and like in evry game some thing unit rules about play its say that many unit and idea its just go in dark )

from level like you i try play not for only win but try to take land with i dont know how play with unit taht i dont like produce .. and realy ist make better to use esy and not heavy strategy .. like its not some play on speed map and normal map ist not good idea make mechanized infatry if you dont have 100% that you have time to build army level 2 :D and you dont know this never ... and its only game
    • Thats why i would rather start with a small consolidated country and earn my economy from acquiring countries. much easier to defend and move troops strategically as well as natural defensive boundaries/position.

Big countries like Russia; china; india; usa start with a big advantage but most dont know how to utilize properly. Ive done well with Myanmar on WW3 (1 coalition win/1st place and 3rd place overall) and Syria on Euro map( 2 coalition wins with one 1st and one 2nd place) in my last 4 games.

Starting off im like in 25th to 30th place for a bit.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • when i play for big nation and have time to play realy easy go for wictory first you dont must afraid to loose city becouse it conqer back easy by economy and number of unit means in day 2 if just wait you have 20 new unit +10+15 unit from start you make 4 deadly stack a come in rusia or rusiia come for you :D

but i donť like it easy victory but not like natialization if give me start city with resource like not rare not componet not first resource i dont remeber how its englisch a what if nearest city with this resource its over 4 cities in another country and secont one in another country and third conqers somebody before me :( when market doesnt work :( like market just like boost for big nation to take money and resource from small country :(

seriously it will be good before start with resource have (means production or posibily to choose ... ) or make it posible make homeland for 7-8 cities .. like smaller than USA .. any big (after i have chance estabilisheh state on any city becouse its posible make level 1 recruitment for motorized infatry or just scout or national guard and just make sothing in game not just wait for luck (becous if must count that just only city with resouce i need must make natialization .. that take city with procution that i need .. becouse if not optimal game means its hard explaining that you need this resource for ally partner if he play just noob and know nothing and conqers first state and time before understat its your economy in ass ..

and i dont know if corect but when i loose homeland city and conqer another where start nationalization ( becouse i dont seen update from 6 to 5 posible natinalization its make that city with proceed be homeland make that after conqers not old homeland make homeland city ( just loose time for luck becouse when i see it i stooped natinalization in this city and make homeland in older - more building near co central capital city ...) and make more posible play for small discriminated country ( realy evry who not have evry 5 city and not have this resource in city in next state its reaaaly have big economy impact on strategy ... except more if not only one

means like this i have 3 citi nation ... with fuel componet and first resourcec ( in my language zasoby )

so firt i go down for rare and make first city homeland easy one state .. after enjoy coaly use Dr congo for march down for electronic becouse abnother small country conqers another up green sqare city with electronic .. just for luck make revolt and i easy take by two military unit but if not i must go for start homeland on war with two state small ( measn pass 4 city at least or go in war with bigger neigbours ( two biger ) and how if on start i have 5 unit and second day its easy say that i havent resource .. for continue economy

and easy now i have something about 15 cities my economy ist about level build 3 factory just only some ..

and some time i start with Enland have it 50 cities (finish factory level 5 in 7 cities )

madagaskar in another game 28 cities finish economy factory level 5 in 5 cities .. not have so big army ..like for england )

and realy i start this Three game in some day in 10 minit after one by one
    • akara211 wrote:

General_Mo wrote:

If our game map is based on Mercator projection (globe stretched into a square), then the size and travel times in Russia does not reflect real life. I haven't played enough to know if this is already implemented but perhaps land masses closer to the poles should receive travel bonuses. However, this could be visually misleading as the same distances visually seen on the map at different areas will have different travel times, not to mention very difficult to control in terms of game mechanics.
      I think it's too much to travel 6days from 1 end to the another.
      I agree with you, that's why I think there should be travel bonuses for land masses near the pole. In reality, the "width" of Russia is roughly same as that of Africa. Canada is about half the size of South America. However, I stand by my reluctance because this travel bonus may be visually confusing. To further confuse things, you also have to consider things like radar/unit visual range...

The ideal way to solve all this is to play this game on a globe. :) I know browsers won't be able to handle that but a guy can dream. :)

The post was edited 2 times, last by General_Mo ().