Covert Ops

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Ok,

so I want to look into Special units and see of they are any use at all. I use the term covert op for stealth units.

1.When a unit is in stealth mode and it passes an enemy. Does it attack? And therefore gets discovered?
      2.When i have firecontroll can i prevent this and move through the enemy lines?
      3.Do covert ops when flying with a plan, a helicopter or as ship stay covert?

When a units gets our of line sight, the artillery stills attacks this unit until it is in range.
      1.When a covert op has no unit that it can uncover or it just finish a fight with a trd party unit and goes back to stealth. Does a locked in artillery still attack the covert op?
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • 1. Yes
      2. No, you need to go around the enemy, or you can fly over the enemy.
      3. They are covert with helicopter, for plane and ship I don't know.

kurtvonstein wrote:

When a units gets our of line sight, the artillery stills attacks this unit until it is in range.
      1.When a covert op has no unit that it can uncover or it just finish a fight with a trd party unit and goes back to stealth. Does a locked in artillery still attack the covert op?

kurtvonstein wrote:
      Now that is an interesting edge case. I don't know this one, I think if you airlift SpecialOp the artillery will lose lock.

As for the last question. I think recon vehicle just looks at them.

And yes they are useful. maybe not as effective as you might be hoping.
    • SpecOps are very useful. If a radar picks up a ping, they are good to investigate when you are war. If you are at peace with that country, you run the risk of being spotted by a CRV or behind the line UAV. When I am at peace with a country and I want to see what "build up" is occuring, I look at the research chart and see what the max range of a fully researched CRV is and if my SpecOps has more sight range, I will push the envelope to get close enough to see but not be seen. They are good for taking out supporting artillery on a front. SpecOps are my first set of combat "eyes" on the battlefield, followed by UAV and then Mobile Radar. Because of the SpecOps unit, all my units have CRV's in them, UAV's fly over frontline air fields/bases, and MobileAA in possible target cities.
      "For what shall it profit a man, if he gain the whole world, and suffer the loss of his soul?" -
    • well if helicopter cant see them then this is a bug...i woudl have expected this.

as tomallahans comment: what good is anti air when you can not see them in their heilcopter..as soon as they land they are landunits and your anti air is useless.

I see their use in taking out artillery that is unprotected or missle launchers
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • That is the beauty of the game, each unit has a counter to it, it's why you don't stack/use a single unit and expect it to live long. For that reason my arty divisions are CRV, MobAA, MotInf(replaced with airborne when all other units can air assault), and ++arty (usually 5 Towed Arty). I used to do SpecOp/Airborne pair to hop-and-cap till an AA took 50% of that force before it landed. Now the SpecOps hop's in to recon and then the Airborne cap. As GI Joe said, "Knowing is half the battle."
      "For what shall it profit a man, if he gain the whole world, and suffer the loss of his soul?" -