GENERAL UPDATE (190221)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• GENERAL UPDATE (190221)

+ + + + GENERAL UPDATE + + + +
      Today's release addresses several issues that have been reported by the community, such as disproportional damage dealt to disembarking units, wrong unit names being displayed in notifications, and more. From a balancing perspective, Nationalization and Officers are in the spotlight today. The times to nationalize a city and relocate Headquarters have been increased with the primary goal of restoring their strategic value. For Officers, hit-points have received some love and mobilization costs have been reduced. Finally, we've added some quality of life changes: We've updated the descriptions of units with radar capabilities, detailing which units they can detect, and recolored notifications to make it easier to spot positive/negative events.
      As always, thank you for your continued feedback and support!

Changes

• Added radar detection types in the description and info panels for units with radar/stealth detection capabilities
      • Added a notification when you lose your Headquarters
      • Added new background for the Market Panel
      • Changed red font color to a lighter shade for better readability
      • Removed Embargo relation
      • Economic buildings are now automatically destroyed upon owner-change
      • Elite Challenge games no longer grant individual rank points, but contribute to ELO of the Alliance
      • Disabled Building Speedup button if combat is presently occurring in a city
      • Important: Gold rewards are now only given out to players who are Active at the end of a game
      Balancing

• Annexation
        • Decreased build time from 24 hours to 18 hours
      • Nationalization
        • Increased build time from 9 hours to 36 hours
      • Headquarters
        • Increased relocation time from 12 hours to 36 hours

• Airborne Infantry
        • Increased Air Base requirement to level 2
      • Special Forces
        • Now attack as helicopters in the first combat round if air assaulting
      • Ballistic Missiles / ICBM
        • Added ATK Rating against ships - this will affect ships that are within the splash radius of a missile
      • Frigates
        • Removed ATK Rating against Helicopters
      • Officers
        • Increased Hitpoints across the board
          • Infantry Officer
            • Increased HP from 30/35/40/45/50/55/60 to 35/40/46/52/58/63/70
          • Rotary Wing Officer
            • Increased HP from 32/35/37/40/45/50/55 to 35/40/43/46/52/58/65
          • Tank Commander
            • Increased HP from 65/68/70/75/78/80/85 to 70/75/77/83/86/88/95
          • Fighter Ace
            • Increased HP from 30/32/35/40/42/45/50 to 35/37/40/45/50/55/60
          • Naval Officer
            • Increased HP from 50/55/60/75/85/90/100 to 55/60/65/75/85/95/110
          • Submarine Commander
            • Increased HP from 35/37/40/45/50/55/60 to 40/45/50/60/65/70/75
          • Airborne Officer
            • Increased HP from 25/28/30/35/38/40/45 to 30/35/40/45/50/55/60
        • Reduced Officer prices
          • Rotary Wing Officer
            • Decreased Electronics from 3400/3850/4500/5150/5950/6800/7750 to 2400/2850/3500/4150/4950/5800/6750
            • Decreased Money from 8750/10200/12400/13100/14750/16800/18000 to 6750/7700/10400/12100/14750/16800/18000
          • Tank Commander
            • Decreased Components from 5950/6800/7950/10400/12075/15200/17375 to 4950/5800/6950/9400/11075/14200/16375
            • Decreased Electronics from 2900/3100/3700/5100/5600/7700/8900 to 2500/3000/3500/4150/4950/5800/6750
            • Decreased Money from 7900/8500/9700/13400/14800/19000/22000 to 6900/7500/8700/11400/13800/16000/19000
          • Fighter Ace
            • Decreased Electronics from 3550/4600/5550/6400/7300/8250/9000 to 2850/3900/4950/5850/6900/7950/8700
            • Decreased Money from 9750/12400/15250/19200/22150/26500/30000 to 7750/9800/12250/15200/19150/24500/30000
          • Naval Officer
            • Decreased Components from 6750/8100/9600/11400/13350/14700/16200 to 5750/7100/8600/10400/12350/13700/15200
          • Submarine Commander
            • Decreased Components from 4100/5250/6300/7500/8550/9600/10750 to 3600/4750/5800/7000/8050/9100/10250
            • Decreased Electronics from 3500/3925/4500/5100/5950/6800/7750 to 2750/3175/3750/4350/5200/6050/7000

• Radar Changes
        • General
          • Only Mobile Radar can detect Rotary Wing Aircraft now
        • Naval Patrol Aircraft
          • Added radar detection of Fixed Wing Aircraft
        • ASW Helicopter
          • Added radar detection of Fixed Wing Aircraft
        • Mobile SAM Launcher
          • Added radar detection of stealth Fixed Wing Aircraft on Level 6
          • Removed radar detection of ground units
        • Theater Defense System
          • Removed radar detection of ground units
        • Destroyer
          • Removed radar detection of stealth Ships
        • Cruiser
          • Added radar detection of stealth Ships

Fixes

• Added range circles for grounded Aircraft (when you select attack or patrol order)
      • Added missing picture for final level of Eastern Aircraft Carrier
      • Fixed issue where an event notification displays the wrong unit name
      • Fixed issue which was causing players to go to war against a neutral nation when they are in the same province
      • Fixed issue where units would suffer disproportional damage while embarking/disembarking in some cases
      Maps

• New & Improved: Flashpoint Europe 30 Player Map
        • New background that includes Canada and better positions the American continent.
        • Modified the provinces borders of USA to fit real-life state borders, and background topography.
        • Modified the provinces borders of France to fit real-life region borders, and background topography.
        • Modified the provinces borders of Germany to fit real-life region borders, and background topography.
        • Added Canada and Iran as playable nations, allowing for tutorial play with these nations
        • New starting unit set-up for players and AI nations.
        • A few other minor fixes related to researches, connections and province borders.

• World War 3
        • Modified the provinces borders of USA to fit real-life state borders, and background topography.
        • Modified the provinces borders of France to fit real-life region borders, and background topography.
        • Modified the provinces borders of Germany to fit real-life region borders, and background topography.
        • Modified the provinces borders of Spain to fit real-life region borders, and background topography.
      • Overkill
        • Change Iran province Armen Sarkisian to Ardabil.
        • "Arkhangelsk" city is mis-spelled.
        • Updated background to fit the Colorado river correctly.
      • Updated map selection for Elite and Standard challenges
      • Internal Challenges have been disabled to encourage players to actively play together

//Your CoN Team
      Dorado Games
      Conflict Of Nations

The post was edited 4 times, last by Yak ().

• Balancing

• Annexation
        • Decreased build time from 24 hours to 18 hours doesnt have efect (becose most must wait for resource not for time to build ...)

• Nationalization
        • Increased build time from 9 hours to 36 hours (realy so when i start with 1 or 2-3-4- cities at least when im luck i take next cities same day but profitable its be day 4-5 ? realy so after ist bullshit to play for smal nation like before natinalization economy lose on start never catch .. just for smal nastion make it posible to at least more than 5 cities natinalization is way for fair play in future game .... or posibility build some " buildind " in city without natinalization to rectruit low level soldier means motorized infatry scout or national guard at least

• Headquarters
        • Increased relocation time from 12 hours to 36 hours
        (su much more easy shot down any empire ... becose after lose head not just lose 10 % by one day but 20 % at least ( if i log in 8 hours before midnight and start move headquartes ... most 30% down )
      so evrything start revolt ... lost is so much much more need protec headquarters but be good make something with people from my country i find way how be prepared move Headquarters in 1 minute especialy this is have big impact to move head where go weapons :(

And one idea try tu put by "doktrine" give unit on start like one unit or better make it that is posible reseach in short time mode (4 -8hours ? )
    • *Removal of internals*

This one hurts but reasons have been given. We will endure and adapt to remain win-win with the game. Sometimes it gives, sometimes it takes. I hope this will not translate into wolfpacks here and there.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • but how it say .. that make it imposible to be happy when im newbies play first game take this (dont know with that small ) smal nation and just lost time and go look for more funny game

so second posibility small nation for players level 30++ and not posible play for news

and shoot be good for newbies and for veteran may be too how much cities nation have hov much unit and if be posible that map on choose considered with nes in game (its sometime easy start play and take nation under atack like evrything death and last stand with two infatry and march enemy on you ...

means on start screen like

map overkill

united kindom 7 cities on 14 infatry 2 armored car (unit i dont remeber exatly...)
    • I have a few questions :
      1) Why did you remove helicopters radar detection from everything but mobile radar ? this change just made helicopters practically stealthed and OP since even Air Superiority Fighters can't detect them anymore.
      2) What do you mean by "Anti-Stealth" in the radar units description?

Oh and by the way, those Arty changes were already mentioned in the previous update, not sure why you did mention them again...

The post was edited 3 times, last by NinjaReaper ().

• Updated map selection for Elite and Standard challenges : still looks the same to me
      old then new ! i dont see any changes
      Files
      "There are only two types of aircraft — fighters and targets."
      — Doyle 'Wahoo' Nicholson, USMC.
    • The game was great because of the variaty and possibilities you had to alternate between units. For example to defend against air attacks I could us SAM or fregates.
      Also against rockets there was a bit.

After last update i skipped fregattes...doesnt pay off anymore.

Now with the changes to radar detection everyone is forcest to build the same unique unit e.g. mobile radar.

The variety dies...and the complexity of understanding basic game dynamics for new players increases.

Hey to be true: How should a new player understand the complexity of different units having different radar types. It is even to much for me. You would have to study the units description very trhoughly.

The noobs will all fall for the veterans, that appriate the newly created unvisible stealth units like helicopters and so on.

I do software development and i from time to time have to stop my product owner from expert features that his normal users would understand and frustrate. My principal is:
      KISS - keep it simple and stupid.
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • @kurtvonstein : "Now with the changes to radar detection everyone is forcest to build the same unique unit e.g. mobile radar."

If you want to help please don't over exaggerate - I already stated that we made an error with the AWACS. Please discuss and elaborate rather then simply reverting to "Game is screwed XYZ is OP" style.

We are trying to bridge several groups: some who want everything as complex and realistic as possible - others who are looking for simple approaches. Sometimes we get it - sometimes we miss it.

Thanks
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • They wanted to keep "heli point defense" for Frigates but it seems it's tied to legacy issues, so they can't have the middle ground right now.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Thanks for continuing to update the game to make it more realistic!! Only been playing for a couple months now, but addicted to the game.

Germanico since it seems like you spent a great deal of time of updating the radars of the units (i.e. what can see what and how far) in recent updates. When are you going to add some electronic warfare units like EA-6B's or EF-111's which are responsible for disrupting radar.

I worked in an EA-6B Prowler Electronic Warfare squadron when I was in the Navy... and we played a very important in disrupting enemy radar so they could not see certain attack planes or communicate. I think it would be a great addition to the game and add another layer of real world complexity.

Also, another suggestion would be to include Amphibious Assault ships which could be a step in-between a Cruiser and Carrier in strength. And make it where it can only carry helicopters, harriers, and maybe even add the Osprey as an aircraft unity. I know because of coding it would be impossible to probably make it a troop carrier, but then maybe you could beef up the Carrier unit and make it a step in-between Cruiser and Carrier.

Thanks again for an awesome game!!!
    • Couple thoughts on city management.

I really, REALLY like 12 hour HQ relocation. I like playing fast and loose, not big on stacking up defense in my capital regions. So depending on who is attacking me and how, I will rotate my HQ from city to city to city, just to keep them on their toes. Also allows me to anticipate nukes and plan to have my HQ move right after one hits. This isn't a broad complaint, just an observation from someone based on their gameplay style.

Only other complaint is HQ elimination notifications. I'd rather see coalition application notifications. If you don't know your HQ is dead, or don't care, its on you. I've been playing for 2 months, it took me about 1 week to know that I can't let people take my HQ, and if I do, to rebuild it. I see people much higher level play out most of their game with no HQ, gives me an edge as someone who is observant.

Everything else looks great, or is over my head. Thanks for the good work!
    • Germanico wrote:

@kurtvonstein : "Now with the changes to radar detection everyone is forcest to build the same unique unit e.g. mobile radar."

If you want to help please don't over exaggerate - I already stated that we made an error with the AWACS. Please discuss and elaborate rather then simply reverting to "Game is screwed XYZ is OP" style.

We are trying to bridge several groups: some who want everything as complex and realistic as possible - others who are looking for simple approaches. Sometimes we get it - sometimes we miss it.

Thanks
      Hi,

i didnt say you screwed things up. If that is how my message was recepted by you then I apologize.
      I wanted to give you a different view of things telling you that sometimes less is more.
      Especially from a beginners point of view. also given the fact that the ingame units description ist overwehlming.

I relly dont care about the change beause i always work with mobiel radar so nothing changes for me in this way but you need to think if some of the complexity is really necessary.

And especially if the changes need to happen every week...i mean i have to apadt my strategy on a weakly base given the updates ;)
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.