Non P2W Quality of Life Improvements that cost gold

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Non P2W Quality of Life Improvements that cost gold

Conflict of Nations is an excellent game actively developed by an amazing dev studio and I would gladly throw money at it, except for one thing: The fact that there is nothing for me to use my gold on except to either give myself an unnecessary advantage (let's face it, my stats prove I don't actually play because I want to win) or to just straight up throw my gold away.

And that totally sucks. There are definitely things that don't impact the strategic/tactical sides of things that players like myself would be willing to pay for. The tournament, for example, now costs 5k gold per entry and I am so happy to finally have something to spend gold on. But I want more things to spend gold on. Because maybe if we give Germanico enough money, he'll be able to hire enough devs to get mobile out, and make artillery actually have to deploy in order to fire and maybe make Paratroopers (which are like airborne, but use planes and have a much longer air assault range) and add copy/paste functionality to the Steam app. Things like this only happen if we, the CoN community, pay for them.

So I open this thread for anyone and everyone (but especially thoughtful players like @Mc_Johnsen, @Opulon, and @chrisj909) to submit suggestions.

I'll start with one that came to me this morning:

Stopping the "End Game?" button's flashing (for a single match and only for the player paying the gold)

Reason: It's soooo annoying, but it's annoying for a Business reason. Every running match requires server resources. So the flashing motivates players to speed things up. Thus... if we want to remove the flashing, then we should be willing to compensate Dorado for the extra resources removing that flashing will cost them (because now you can enjoy that match for as long as you want without a constant reminder of how Dorado really would like you to finish the match in a timely manner).

Price: I'd be willing to pay at least 2k. I'd make that much from winning the match anyway.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Akumage: Added another feature to my wish list. :joy: Edit 2: "gold" ~> "money" & "with" ~> "without" ().

• Pretty classic:
      Skins -> certain units for the nerds or different colors for those who want to look more fancy
      perhaps even pick your political country color, instead of plain colors chessboard muster or something like that?

As general Quality of Life, not paid, we will need a coalition view additional to the political view

I regards of the flashy button, I would consider 500 gold perhaps, if you spend all your possible 'loot' just to disable the flashing it is kind of unbalanced? Not to mention that many maps give you less than 2k anyway
    • Kalrakh wrote:

Pretty classic:
      Skins -> certain units for the nerds or different colors for those who want to look more fancy
      perhaps even pick your political country color, instead of plain colors chessboard muster or something like that?

As general Quality of Life, not paid, we will need a coalition view additional to the political view

In regards of the flashy button, I would consider 500 gold perhaps, if you spend all your possible 'loot' just to disable the flashing it is kind of unbalanced? Not to mention that many maps give you less than 2k anyway
      Skins would be awesome and coalition view would be amazing as well.

I don't consider it unbalanced because I WANT to give Dorado money. I'm sure they will run some experiments to see exactly what fits their goals best.

Another tool I'd like to see: A line length measuring tool built-in. There's other alternatives available, but something really simple, built in so that it can work with scrolling would be awesome. I'd pay at least 1k to unlock this tool (with a keyboard shortcut or something) for the entire match.

ETAs for launchers is another feature I hear requested a lot, but that would actually count as p2w I suppose, not that I can imagine any of the players I know who nuke everyone ridiculously early caring about the exact timing of the missile impact. (You know, I wonder if this feature doesn't exist because it would actually further widen the gap between average players and good players. :thinking:)

---

I would pay an obscene amount of gold to be able to play a match against the old stealthy, super-commando insurgents of yore. I'm not sure how you could implement it. Maybe duplicate the A.I. server? It would certainly take some work. But then you would have a Special/Special Event (ONLY RECOMMENDED FOR VETERAN PLAYERS) and you could even skin the insurgents as zombies (super aggressive and stealthy? What else could they be?! You know... other than actual insurgents. :rofl:). :joy: And don't forget the nostalgia factor either. <~

The post was edited 3 times, last by Akumage ().

• ETA for launchers won't happen. This information is not available on purpose if I remember correctly.

If you want Dorado to make money with it, it is even more reason to make it not expensive. At a price tag of 2k, I don't think there would be many to consider using it. 250-500 would I think is more an amount, many people would hardly think about it before spending. ;)

I think, I would like a map with the old insurgents too, the toothless version is rather boring, even though there seem to be still many people to be unable to cope with them. :D

Thinking about zombies, a horde mode map? You join with others together(alliance?) and have to fight waves of always growing amount of AI troops, with varying stack types. Give it an entry fee like the tourney and make it gold free with an highscore chart? Would be similar to the old arcades?
    • I totally agree with you. Pay to play well. It really is something that attracts me much more than paying to see how someone continually regenerates his troops or creates immediate constructions. I signed up for this game 3 months ago, and I'm a premium player. I liked the game so much that I brought three more friends, also premium. We all believe in peer-to-peer game philosophy, even if we have premium or pay for add-ons or special abilities. But we really just lost a game because another player immediately regenerated his troops and immediately built everything destroyed (is it legal if, the game allows it, but is it ethical ?, where is the fun of the game if you beat me because you build faster, But you do not know what the game strategy is, or use it ??). I am really willing to pay in a game when both opponents are equal, but if your spending of money means that you do not know how to play, just spend, where is the game funny? Unfortunately this is quite demotivating and we are already looking for another type of game that will entertain us more. And we are premium.
    • Hi Sara,

there will always be someone more powerful - and it doesn’t happen in every game. Often teaming up is enough to level the field, in other cases players simply move to another match.
      An additional thing to consider is what I call the „suspense factor“ - by not knowing what type of player I am facing I cannot exclude the fact that my opponent may be very powerful. Something you will not find in absolutely fair, read esport, titles. I‘ve come to accept it as one of the challenges the game poses and include it into my tactics.

Best,

G
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • Hello Germanicus,

First of all thank you for not blocking my thread. I know the subject is thorny. In the end my friends and I returned to the game, enter to see if the game had already ended but it is still there, because they did not learn what the game is about and despite spending all their gold on immediate constructions and a new fleet, they could not advance in the conquest. That further demonstrates my theory. This game, which is so motivating and has such depth, is very undervalued by players of this style, and those of us who really value the work of the game itself, we are disenchanted. As I already told you in another post, it would be very interesting if some things were balanced, immediate constructions, limit the number of fleets created with gold, so that both players can coexist. Otherwise it is very difficult to play, except for this clear case.

Good morning everyone
    • Para nada, absolutamente todo es respetable, simplemente es una valoracion sobre como algunos apreciamos el trabajo de los desarrolladores y otros simplemente sin apreciar ni el trabajo ni el juego pagar por ganar a toda costa. La verdad es que el juego esta muy bien logrado y es un gran juego, con mucha estrategia y mucho trabajo en equipo, pero se ha de saber valorar. como dije en mi primer mensaje me gustaria pagar por mejorar del juego, por eso me hice premium, no por ganar al oponente. pero es mi version idilica del juego. esta claro.
    • Not at all, absolutely everything is respectable, it is simply an assessment of how some appreciate the work of developers and others simply without appreciating neither the work nor the game pay to win at all costs. The truth is that the game is very well achieved and it is a great game, with a lot of strategy and a lot of teamwork, but you have to know how to value it. As I said in my first message I would like to pay to improve the game, that's why I went premium, not to beat the opponent. but it's my idyllic version of the game. it's clear.
    • I'm thinking about sandbox match that won't count to statistic or anything.

Need >>insert your amount of desired gold here<< to open. Come with a variety of control option including but not limited to
      - set game speed!
      - X times started resources!
      - ai. peace period!
      - player peace period!
      - maximum coalition member!
      - unlock all research!
      - starter nuke!
      - X times city resources production!
      - high level started units!
      - Rebel setting including chance, aggressive, type!
      - smart a.i.!
      - no fog of war!!!!???
      - disable certain units!
      - random doctrine!
      - random country
      - random... Terrain??????????
      This post was made by Leader of the Church of ROAD