Missile speed

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Missile speed

I'm growing more and more bothered with the missile speed. It doesn't look realistic that the jet is faster than its missiles. I think it is very cool to attack and lauch rockets before hitting the target, but they hit afterwards if I don't delay the plane intentionally. very odd. Sure they fly at subsonic speeds when cruising, but so does jets, and both them fly supersonic when close to their targets.

also: when I see the update log I don't understand what changed since it says "damage change to x" but the team doesn't say how much it was before. I suggest doing just like Dota do: From x to y.

example: dota2.com/news/updates/

The post was edited 2 times, last by gorebello2 ().

• Glad to hear you like the changes to the notes.
      Concerning missiles: In the end of course gameplay/balancing wins over RL. That's why I always shy away from calling us a "sim" - we're a game first and foremost.
      You can see this eg. in the speeds of ICBMs which in RL come streaking down into the atmosphere during re-entry at some 50.000 km/h. A speed we could never implement ;)

Cheers

//G
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • cruise missiles are always up to sound...the first time I hear such that in flight they suddenly become supersonic! faster plane, and this two three Maha-this missiles air/air, and such in game unfortunately there is no! And there are no hypersonic missiles in the game either, so with the latest change the missiles air / surface, surface/surface, ship/surface, surface / ship fly pretty fast...faster than in real life. And for this developer thanks a month ago, they flew with a max speed of 10 units like.
      ================================================================================================================================================================================================

крылатые ракеты всегда до звуковые...первый раз слышу такое что на полете они вдруг становятся сверхзвуковыми! быстрее самолета, а это два три маха - это ракеты воздух/воздух, а таких в игре к сожалению НЕТ! И гиперзвуковых ракет в игре тоже нет, так что с последним изменением ракеты воздух/поверхность, поверхность/поверхность, корабль/поверхность, поверхность/корабль летают довольно быстро...быстрее чем в жизни. И за это разработчику спасибо еще месяц назад они летали с макс скоростью 10 единиц вроде бы.