Armored Fighting Vehicle (AFV) Nerfing

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Armored Fighting Vehicle (AFV) Nerfing

Not sure if this qualifies as a suggestions or if it's just a question; also not sure if it was requested/discussed before but I couldn't find anything recent using the search function.

The Armored Fighting Vehicle (AFV) is supposed to be the end-all-be-all anti-infantry armored unit, yet it deals less damage to infantry than Amphibious Combat Vehicles and Main Battle Tanks. Is this intentional or something to add to the "list"? If it's an oversight, I think they should be the one armored vehicle that does the most damage to infantry units, no?
      "Any of you *uckin' pricks move, and I'll execute every mother*uckin' last one of ya!" - Honey Bunny
    • Believe me - it's balanced. We've been balancing it for over a year. And we are where we want it to be... at least for the time being.
      You gotta look at research costs, as well as production costs, associated buildings and levels amongst others to really have a comparison.
      Not just damage stats...
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • ThePanda wrote:

Looking at the Western doctrine, the AFV DOES deal more dmg against infantry. Also, the AFV is more flexible due to its speed and airlift capability, and more effective in versatile terrain compared to the MBT. Which unit is more suitable to you depends entirely on your strategy and the tactics you usually play.
      Didn't realize that. I was staring at the EU doctrine, where AFV does less damage to infantry than ACV and MBT.

Germanico wrote:

Believe me - it's balanced. We've been balancing it for over a year. And we are where we want it to be... at least for the time being.
      You gotta look at research costs, as well as production costs, associated buildings and levels amongst others to really have a comparison.
      Not just damage stats...
      Okay, maybe I shouldn't have titled the post "Nerfing" the AFV. I'm sure you're right in terms of overall balancing.

My only "beef" is with its anti-infantry numbers and only in EU doctrine - so far as I can tell at the moment. Just trying to understand why the anti-infantry armored unit does less damage to infantry than those two other armored units. All other factors being left out of the equation, it just doesn't make sense from that POV alone.

Anyway, thank you for taking the time to address my concern @Germanico
      "Any of you *uckin' pricks move, and I'll execute every mother*uckin' last one of ya!" - Honey Bunny