Canada Map

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• The map of Canada should most definitely have Halifax as a strong strategic naval city on the east coast. In the real world, it is one of the busiest naval ports, as is Victoria BC on the west. To not even have a harbor here is insane.

Bridgewater shows as being central in Nova Scotia - it's not, it's on the south shore. Where you have tagged "Bridgewater" is actually Annapolis Valley.

The tag of Antigonish should actually say Cape Breton. Antigonish is small sleepy university town. Cape Breton represents the entire eastern peninsula.

Rimouski - should say Bathurst or Campellton. Again, IRL this is the bigger town in that area.

The tag for Fredericton is correct, but there is another large harbor port south of that in Saint John - would be nice to have a naval harbor there.

Churchill Falls = Labrador.

La Ronge - more realistic is to tag this as Iqualuit

Fort Smith - Yellowknife

Vancouver Island = Victoria

Cold Lake - IRL this is a larger town with a major army/Air Force base.
      Veni. Vidi. Vici.

Sometimes, all you need is wifi and a cup of tea.
    • Unfortunately this just shows how ignorant our American neighbors are to our country and they probably will not fix it as it will not be important enough for them. It is like having Washington located in California or New York in Utah, Philly in Nebraska. Quite ridiculous that a game that is supposed to be based on geography and strategy can not even get the map right or the major naval ports.
    • Etakadi wrote:

The map of Canada should most definitely have Halifax as a strong strategic naval city on the east coast. In the real world, it is one of the busiest naval ports, as is Victoria BC on the west. To not even have a harbor here is insane.

Bridgewater shows as being central in Nova Scotia - it's not, it's on the south shore. Where you have tagged "Bridgewater" is actually Annapolis Valley.

The tag of Antigonish should actually say Cape Breton. Antigonish is small sleepy university town. Cape Breton represents the entire eastern peninsula.

Rimouski - should say Bathurst or Campellton. Again, IRL this is the bigger town in that area.

The tag for Fredericton is correct, but there is another large harbor port south of that in Saint John - would be nice to have a naval harbor there.

Churchill Falls = Labrador.

La Ronge - more realistic is to tag this as Iqualuit

Fort Smith - Yellowknife

Vancouver Island = Victoria

Cold Lake - IRL this is a larger town with a major army/Air Force base.
      While I agree with most of the East Coast suggestions, I do not agree with the West,

Churchill Falls = Labrador - if Labrador was drawn correctly,this would be a smaller tile, Churchill Falls the town has a pop of 700...yes, 700! lol

Vancouver island is not just Victoria. The island is almost 800,000 people with approx 350k in Victoria proper on the southern tip with the western Naval base in Esquimalt. But I agree with the largest Naval port, Halifax, it would be nice to see this island in 2 or 3 blocks... but where would you take blocks away from in the remainder of the country?

La Ronge could also be Churchill, Manitoba as it is a port into Hudson Bay,

Fort Smith, yes Yellowknife is a small city within this tile, but thats a huge chunk of land, Fort Smith works, but the Region is also known for the Great Slave Lake that's there...

Cold Lake, while known for its air military base, isn't much of a town at 15k population. though on the northern edge is Fort McMurray, where the oil sands are...

I know for myself, I could go on for hours nitpicking the map of Canada and others as well. But I would LOVE to see Canada remapped along its actual provincial boundaries, and then divided within those provinces to make up the VP it starts with, just to give somewhat a closer realism to what it actually is. I have even offered to remap it :)

I even reported a concern about Ottawa being placed too far east, more in the position of where Montreal is , but from discussion, I drew to understand why this choice was made to place and name it as it was.

In the game design there are always challenges to get regions correct as often there's debate even from within ;) Sacrifices to realism sometimes have to be made for logistical, and playability reasons.

Finally, not to mention, that despite literally being the second largest country in the world, we are likely the least densely populated with around only 35 million, of which 80% reside within 200 miles of the USA border, there's literally more people in the US state of California alone.... So take that realism to note ;)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Zolutar ().