no radar on jets i have no radr on any of mi fighter jets on any map im play whats the deal

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hello.

gameID=2675775
      Efreet
      Browser ( Chromium v73 (built on Ubuntu) );
      Laptop;

I can confirm that ASF's radar disappears in patrol mode and shows again only while the unit is moving. Also, looks like sight and radar ranges overlaps each other, while unit documentation says : radar range 50, sight range 25.
      1.jpg
      Maybe sceenshot isn't perfect to ilustrate, but I have no land unit able to see that Jordan hostile unit in Amman city (I guess), and ASF looks pretty far jet has hostile unit in sight view (and no radar on it).

Hope it will help.
      Display Spoiler

"We rarely recognize how wonderful it is that a person can traverse an entire lifetime without making a single really serious mistake — like putting a fork in one's eye or using a window instead of a door."
      - Marvin Lee Minsky

• So.... actually it's not that they have no radar, in the new games their radar range is now the same as their patrol diameter - and as they have normal view range in the patrol circle, radar doesn't apply anymore (since visual is better then radar).

Please note: This does not mean they don't have radar, it actually only applies if setting a patrol for a fighter.

Patrols are an "abstraction" and as such need to be dealt with differently than normal orders - such as move or attack.

Hope that clarifies it.
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • Step by step clarification:
      1. Base visual range for most aircraft is way smaller than their patrol circle
      2. Radar range is usually same as patrol circle
      3. Radar applies when aircraft is en route to their target as their visual range is smaller when not patrolling
      4. When in patrol mode their visual range is extended to match the patrol circle
      5. Thus when in patrol mode radar becomes obsolete as it's entire range is covered by visual range

I hope this helps
    • Ohhhh,

4. When in patrol mode their visual range is extended to match the patrol circle
      5. Thus when in patrol mode radar becomes obsolete as it's entire range is covered by visual range

I didn't knew that, and i always found odd i had the unidentified objects in range, because they were technically radar blips.

Thanks for the info
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • It seems logical - patrol zone as a wider sight range. If I'm not wrong, practically it means that air units have 50 sight range units. 8)
      ( Nothing wrong with that. I feel happier a little - more comfortable scouting. Land units 25, air units also 25 was not right anyway, right? )
      Display Spoiler

"We rarely recognize how wonderful it is that a person can traverse an entire lifetime without making a single really serious mistake — like putting a fork in one's eye or using a window instead of a door."
      - Marvin Lee Minsky

The post was edited 1 time, last by Efreet ().

• Yup. That's the way I see it too ( beginning from yesterday : ). But maybe my english doesn't express that.

I just catch myself on doing :
      1. move air units somewhere over fog of war,
      2. do patrol few seconds to see wider area,
      3. repeat x 20.

This is why I think - practically - air units have 50 sight ( still 25 for a rookie :P ). It's a minor thing, but I am wondering about 50 sight as standard, considering that players can achieve that anyway by micro movement. But It's fine for me, sounds like a secret knowledge now. :evil:
      Display Spoiler

- Marvin Lee Minsky

• "least effort - fastest result" :

- sight range = 50 for air units ( to make doing patrol only to get better sight pointless )
      - if radar range <= 50 - no radar to air unit ( to save CPU ).

From my point of view, looks like simple change of values in some .json file. :saint:

probably more effort :

Patrol mode does not affect unit's sight range.
      Display Spoiler

- Marvin Lee Minsky

The post was edited 1 time, last by Efreet ().