Revised Sea Travel

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Revised Sea Travel

This is probably blasphemous but how about we reduce the lengths of sea lanes?

For example, as in the screenshot below, it would add a whole new meaning to naval combat if a naval unit, say a sub, wanted to get from point A to B via high seas while not having to go all the way around the long way. Instead, being allowed to cut through the blue line, they would able to circle around the shallow waters in a much shorter time.

Obviously, this would be mainly geared for better submarine warfare and movement.

"Any of you *uckin' pricks move, and I'll execute every mother*uckin' last one of ya!" - Honey Bunny
    • Mc_Johnsen wrote:

essentially, you want more paths, a higher path density. (In this case a path where your blue arrow is)

I wouldnt want it, since the low path density is what defines this naval warfare and makes it much different to ground warfare
      Well, not necessarily more paths but shorter paths... umm... okay, I suppose it does ultimately mean more paths :D

Maybe "this naval warfare" needs to be redefined and still maintain its difference to ground warfare. Honestly, I don't see how implementing shorter/more paths would make naval warfare/movement lose its identity against ground warfare/movement. Just makes no sense for a ship to go around a point by having to go aaaaaaall the way around it for many hours. No sense at all whatsoever.
      "Any of you *uckin' pricks move, and I'll execute every mother*uckin' last one of ya!" - Honey Bunny