Training Maps

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Training Maps

Graywolf has just recently created a group (not an alliance) where all its affiliated wolf alliances would get together to train and collaborate; a hub of sorts. The current version of training is limited to what the rules dictate: no more than 5 of us from any of the 5 alliances will join a public game.

My proposal is this: create a public game map that would be limited to our 5 alliances as well as any partner alliances solely for the purpose of training; think 'War Games'. The only difference from public games is that rival alliances wouldn't be invited.

I know this strikes the 'Internal' nerve and will probably be met with a cringing disdain by Dorado but I urge you to provide us the means of training our members and collaborating with our partners 'behind closed doors'.

I've spoken before on the forum about how I support training to happen in public games and I still maintain that belief. However, not all training is possible under those circumstances due to time and other constraints.

If it's exclusion you fear, we can limit these training maps to once per 3-4 months or twice a year. That way, we are spending more time playing against everyone else than we are between ourselves and partners.

Kindly allow all to discuss this before a decision is made.

Thanks
      "Any of you *uckin' pricks move, and I'll execute every mother*uckin' last one of ya!" - Honey Bunny
    • ross222 wrote:

this will be voted down because people were only playing basically training maps and not live maps , this is why we have more competitive maps now
      Putting a restriction on these training maps (like 1-4 times a year) will allow all of us to play more competitive maps than these training maps.

Internals were banned because alliances were using them as a means of excluding themselves from the community and I wholeheartedly agree that such exclusion defeats the spirit of the game, as I've mentioned before. However, internals served a purpose: to allow alliances (and their non-rival partners) to train and collaborate on development and growth. Now, that purpose is no longer catered to because of that undesired side effect.

We all know that for every problem there is more than one viable solution. I'm presenting one such possible solution; one that I feel is very doable so long as its use is limited in ways to prevent any further abuse like before. The amount of permitted instances is one such solution.
      "Any of you *uckin' pricks move, and I'll execute every mother*uckin' last one of ya!" - Honey Bunny
    • I don't spend any time in the forums, so I don't know all the drama surrounding this issue.
      However, I am deeply concerned that after all this time there isn't a much, much more sophisticated set of training features built into the game play mechanism itself.
      I see this suggestion as a partial measure that only somewhat addresses the underlying issue, but it works as a step in the right direction.
      Be as you wish to seem.
    • The same thing will happen, like 10 people say they want it, then a developer will say no for basically no reason, then close the thread.
      PS: I am for Training maps :D
      PS 2.0: I am busy with tests and my newest CON game in which I am getting invaded but expect another jump in my involvment in this forum soon!
      War: "Sometimes you have to pick the gun up to put the gun down."- Malcolm X

Peace: "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
    • Oh, we always give you a reason. It's just that you may not like the honest business oriented reply, effectively dismissing it.[/sub]

This said, I believe in giving honest answers instead of marketing blarb: Being a free2play MMO strategy game it is not beneficial for us to provide a large part of the active community with the option to segregate itself from the rest of the publicly played matches. And that was precisely what was happening: loads of our most prolific and active players simply creating their own little happy matches under the pretense of "training" ...

Now I know that this of course does not apply to all of our alliance players, but that's the downside of MMO design: you give someone your hand and the rest of them takes the arm right with it.

In turn many of the really awesome features requested time and again need to remain disabled in order for us to be able to successfully run and market the game. Without this no game at all...

And no: there is no "easy peasy" solution for these issues. Essentially they form the hard boundary of online game design.

//G[/sub]
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf

The post was edited 1 time, last by Germanico ().

• Once the core problem has been solved on our side, we will most probably come with ideas and soft alternatives that mind the business side.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Paying gold for training maps (like we already did for tournaments) could be a way of alleviating one of the obstacles... I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one willing to chip in to get the opportunity to work with my fellow wolves and friends at least twice a year.

I love this game and want to see it become better. Anything I can do to help in its growth, I'd be honored to be involved with.

Maybe you guys there in Malta need a vacation... down the road to the beach. I bet the mobile migration is soul-sucking. Can't wait for it to be done so we could knuckle down, buckle down.

:thumbsup: