Lower Research Costs

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Lower Research Costs

For the first 10 days, people usually spam infantry, national guard, combat recon vechicle, and anti air since researching costs too much rare material for their young economy to handle.
    There are 6 kinds of weapons: Early Game (CRV), Mid/Early Game (AFV), Mid Game (Tanks), Mid/End Game (Multiple Rocket Launcher), End Game (Aircraft Carriers), Next Tier (2nd, 3rd Tier)
    What you have to do is lower rare material costs on Mid/Early Game Weapons which I think are the most important like the AFV, Corvettes, and Towed Artillery. To balance things out, you can higher the rare material costs on End Game Weapons like Theater Defense, Aircraft Carriers, and ICBM's.
    War: "Sometimes you have to pick the gun up to put the gun down."- Malcolm X

Peace: "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein

The post was edited 2 times, last by War and Peace ().

• The economical balance of early game is very critical to the game monetization, and so, any change to it is weighted carefully.

I can't say much more because i struggle to understand what you mean when you say

"There are 5 kinds of weapons: Early Game (CRV), Mid/Early Game (AFV), Mid Game (Tanks). End Game (Aircraft Carriers), Next Tier (2nd, 3rd Tier)"

Could you elaborate ?
    Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
  • There is early, mid and late game tech, that is for sure. Very important in perspective of alliance challenges and in regards of length of peace time. But I fail to see the difference between AFV and tanks in your cateogorization, they fullfill different roles.

Also I fail to understand your reasoning, this would just mean, that high tech units are even less likely to be used by most people.

Though the scarcity of resources in early phase surely influences how littered maps are with inactives, but as Opulon said, that also affects income for the company.
  • Not including Officers

Early Game Tech Includes Motorized Infantry, National Guard, CRV, Mobile Anti-Air Vehicle, and Air Superiority Fighter.

Early/Mid Game Tech includes Mechanized Infantry, AFV, ACV, Towed Artillery, Helicopter Gunship, Corvette.

Mid Game Tech includes Naval Infantry, Airborne Infantry, Main Battle Tank, Tank Destroyer, Mobile Artillery, Mobile Radar, Attack Helicopter, ASW Helicopter, Naval Air Superiority Fighter, Strike Fighter, Naval Strike Fighter, UAV, Naval Patrol Aircraft, AWACS, Naval AWACS, Frigate, Attack Submarine, Guided Missile Program.

Mid/End Game Tech includes Special Forces, Multiple Rocket Launcher, Mobile SAM Launcher, Heavy Bomber, Destroyer, Cruiser, Chemical Weapons Program, Ballistic Missile, Cruise Missile.

End Game Tech includes Theater Defense System, Stealth Air Superiority Fighter, Stealth Strike Fighter, Stealth Bomber, Aircraft Carrier, Ballistic Missile Submarine, Nuclear Weapons Program, ICBM.

Next Tier is the 2nd and 3rd level tiers in each weapon.
    War: "Sometimes you have to pick the gun up to put the gun down."- Malcolm X

Peace: "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
  • War and Peace wrote:

Not including Officers

Early Game Tech Includes Motorized Infantry, National Guard, CRV, Mobile Anti-Air Vehicle, and Air Superiority Fighter.

Early/Mid Game Tech includes Mechanized Infantry, AFV, ACV, Towed Artillery, Helicopter Gunship, Corvette.

Mid Game Tech includes Naval Infantry, Airborne Infantry, Main Battle Tank, Tank Destroyer, Mobile Artillery, Mobile Radar, Attack Helicopter, ASW Helicopter, Naval Air Superiority Fighter, Strike Fighter, Naval Strike Fighter, UAV, Naval Patrol Aircraft, AWACS, Naval AWACS, Frigate, Attack Submarine, Guided Missile Program.

Mid/End Game Tech includes Special Forces, Multiple Rocket Launcher, Mobile SAM Launcher, Heavy Bomber, Destroyer, Cruiser, Chemical Weapons Program, Ballistic Missile, Cruise Missile.

End Game Tech includes Theater Defense System, Stealth Air Superiority Fighter, Stealth Strike Fighter, Stealth Bomber, Aircraft Carrier, Ballistic Missile Submarine, Nuclear Weapons Program, ICBM.

Next Tier is the 2nd and 3rd level tiers in each weapon.
    Not sure I would classify many of those units above the way you have. I mean, destroyers & SAMs can be (and usually are by good players) within the first 7 days of the game, as an example.

That said, I have also flirted with the idea of faster/slower tech speeds, higher/lower tech costs, and higher/lower unit costs (mobilizations and upkeep). My thoughts are always ended by the reality that, even if they were good ideas, the timing is awful coz the devs are swamped with Mobile. It makes a world of difference when asking/being asked under different circumstances.
    "Any of you *uckin' pricks move, and I'll execute every mother*uckin' last one of ya!" - Honey Bunny