Getting killed no matter my strategy!!!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Getting killed no matter my strategy!!!

So I've been playing a few months already and I tend to pick up games really fast. I've read/watched multiple things but I seem to always get killed. Not like barely but others just walk through me like I'm nothing. I'm starting to think that I'm dying because I refuse to pay real money. my research is always going and I no longer spread around my units like before... I usually capture the province around cities then get city and leave a unit there while moving up.
    • I cannot talk from position of almighty allknowing commander, but what kind of alliances are you joining ? Perhaps that might be your key to victory. Most of my games I ended up killing more enemies than they killed my troops, yet... its no use if you are against 3 or more opponents. And alliance that lets you fight 3 opponents at once ... well... lets say who needs enemies with wrong friends.
    • I think everybody touched on the major points already. Without looking through one of your games, it's very hard to pinpoint where you're going wrong, but it could be any of the aforementioned reasons.

- Don't join/create a coalition in the first day of joining a map (unless it's like day 4 or 6 and you desperately need the help and protection of others to help you get back on your feet).
      - Start simple. Don't go for tanks first. There are three major areas of focus: land, air, and navy. Trick of this game is to pick one to major in and another to minor, where the minor will usually contain the countering unit of your major's countering units - hope that made sense. For example, You went tanks and mot infantry, make sure you have MAA - to counter attack helis (counter for tanks) and gunship helis (counter for infantry) - and whatever you think is best to deal with whatever the enemy is throwing at your infantry. If they send AFVs, use attack helis. If they send marines, use gunship helis. If the send Strike Fighters, use MAA (highly levelled up to have a decent effect on SFs) or SAMs.
      - Pick an easy country to earn your first win and the confidence that comes with it. Personally, I would recommend something like the UK. It's an island (means you're more secure for early game) and that will help you have that extra bit of time to prepare and assess your direction. It's also richer than most in terms of resource production. I got my only solo win with it. Put a single ship (even a corvette) at all ports in early game, which made invasions all but impossible.

If you would like me to offer more guidance, I'd be more than happy to join a game with you. I'm Sima#9299 on Discord.
      "Any of you *uckin' pricks move, and I'll execute every mother*uckin' last one of ya!" - Honey Bunny
    • paintpro said , Hey!! I usually play the 4x games because I'm a disabled marine veteran and on all the time. I typically get tanks and then infantry.. I then upgrade them till the npc/nuke resistance. I also go with strike planes... as far as buildings go I usually do 3 army+recruiter then rest I do resources.
      so the only thing left is youre trying to win alone and or a bad coalition players is the only thing that comes to mind

and on the alone part it not impossible to win alone but you need literally a lot of things to go in your favor youre strategy is sound so i havent got any other ideas
      • hello

The post was edited 1 time, last by ross222 ().

• Maybe you start small, (learning to crouch befor you lern to walk, and later learning to sprint)

Choose a Flashpoint map (This is a kind of sandbox where a lot of players turn inactive fast)
      Choose a Country with some benefits:
      - Russia has not to cover Its back because Teh Map ends there
      - The US is mostly save becaus of the long distance (this will turn against you later on)
      - Any landlocked Country can spare Navy (I know you are Navy Guy [or is it Marines?] buj jump over that shadow for a while)

Join Discord ant add me, maybe we can join a map together ;)
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Dorado Games
      DE - Team Lead
      Conflict of Nations

"That was not me, it was already broken!"
    • @ross222!!! Thank you for the little boost of confidence! Right now I have a few games going. One I'm Saudi Arabia which is my favorite by far!!! I usually make my own coalition because I've found out theirs tons of people that'll stab you in your back...

Overall I actually believe most of my issue is I refuse to actually pay to win because challenge is better.
    • ok, some points at first glance:

yes, the Game is Free for everyone, payment can give you a benefit. Most of the players didn´t pay and are also able to win.

You are playin the World maps, try small ones first.
      yo are at war with many countries at the same time, try to avoid this. Take one or two at a time.
      Ressouce production is linked to morale, morale is linked to war status ;)
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Dorado Games
      DE - Team Lead
      Conflict of Nations

• I will add my own two cents to this. Many players win without any tanks. However, I am a big fan of using stand off weapons (Missiles, artillery, ships, etc) as much as possible. It's okay to siege a city rather than just try to roll into it. Coalitions are good, but try not to join any with people all over the globe. Try to get friendly with neighboring countries so you aren't having to look over your shoulder all the time.
    • Fereyd wrote:

ok, some points at first glance:

yes, the Game is Free for everyone, payment can give you a benefit. Most of the players didn´t pay and are also able to win.

You are playin the World maps, try small ones first.
      yo are at war with many countries at the same time, try to avoid this. Take one or two at a time.
      Ressouce production is linked to morale, morale is linked to war status ;)
      im at war with many countries because most of all those are ai/inactives and cant change it... or can you?
    • Ok, if you at war with AI, it will normally not change back.

Did you start all this wars or is the AI aggro against you?
      Try to avoid thus many wars, take the AI Countries one by one
      Dorado Games
      DE - Team Lead
      Conflict of Nations

• Yeah, like @Fereyd said, this really isn't a pay to win game. It has pay to win elements, but I have personally (with the help of active teammates) dispatched a few of heavy golders, with the emphasis here on activity & teamwork! Fighting against such players is not easy and can be quite deflating, but I try to stay positive, stay in the fight, and smile at these gracious customers that are helping this game get better.
      "Any of you *uckin' pricks move, and I'll execute every mother*uckin' last one of ya!" - Honey Bunny