Add a trade land ability

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Add a trade land ability

For many months I've seen such disgusting borders like border gore things can't get clean and I've seen coalition members tear themselves apart because they didn't get the land they wanted. A clean cut way to stop the border gore is to trade lands or if something doesn't go the way someone wants just trade land and let them get on a agreement. Feel free to develop on the idea if they must be some things added
    • Hi, sorry to Brace in that massive but:

There will be noch "Trade Land / Trade City / Trade Unit" option.
      It was tried on ancestor games (and maybe here as well [unsure]).
      This feature will get brutally abused by Multis and or Coalitions to buff one Player.
      Therefore it was disabled and sent to nevercomeback island.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Dorado Games
      DE - Team Lead
      Conflict of Nations

"That was not me, it was already broken!"
    • The liberation feature works well and is sufficient in the matter.

The only context where it would be interesting would be for RP, and it's too much of a nich to consider
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • idk if that is the original idea or not BUT

shouldn't it be traded for set amounts of money with (~)-+20 precent silder and only for neighboring lands that are not annexed/homeland cities with:
      something like 50% increase in base payment for provinces that produce something other than money and manpower
      about 40%-70% increase in base payment for each building (depands on building)
      and decreasing price increasing with each higher level of the building (except in healing buildings which always improve at the same rate)
      and about -25%-30% price increase proportional to size?
      (since size of the province affects the distance that can be traversed quicker than in a few smaller ones)
      and of course rising of 15%/35%/50%/150% (100% +25% + 50% + 75% + 150%)of the base price per game stage or spread this amount for days
      (since amounts of money gained through out the game normally increases over time)

if this is the original idea (without the numbers of course) and i'm repeating what was already been in the "Ancestor Games" than don't mind this post and scroll through :saint:
      A Third War Approaches, and the Strong Will Rise from the Corpses.
      A New Order... CHAOS

The post was edited 8 times, last by Hollow Light ().

• I have a suggestion for this.

Turn off land trading entirely for cities and non-city provinces that produce resources. One may only trade a non-resource-producing province for another one. You cannot trade homeland provinces. Limit of 5 provinces a day. This way, ugly borders can be corrected as cities do not affect borders much. :D

I do not see any way that this heavily reduced. Mods, please tell me if there is some way to abuse this (and please do not ignore this comment :thumbsup: )
    • one random player said this , I have a suggestion for this.

Turn off land trading entirely for cities and non-city provinces that produce resources. One may only trade a non-resource-producing province for another one. You cannot trade homeland provinces. Limit of 5 provinces a day. This way, ugly borders can be corrected as cities do not affect borders much.

I do not see any way that this heavily reduced. Mods, please tell me if there is some way to abuse this (and please do not ignore this comment

this wouldnt be a bad idea except it would be like opening pandoras box because some one else would come along and start pestering about why they cant trade cities
      • hello
    • Haha - probably not. "I want to believe..." is the motto here.

After all: we are the illuminati and do not want to enable trading of provinces because it would inadvertently uncover the lizard-king and start WW3.
      Wait... that's already happening. Or is it only in the game?
      Let me make sure my tin-foil-hat sits tightly.

:whistling:
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • I would agree with ross222 with creating a list of things that will not be added into the game, in addition to supplying the reason for it, as it is difficult to find these answers. It is not mentioned in the "New to the forum? Start here!" subsection, and because the search bar is limited in user-friendliness (clunky, cannot use Boolean operators, etc.), finding some of these answers is a bit of a witch hunt.

The thing is, I looked through the forums, and only after 45 minutes could I begin to find reasons as to why province trading was removed. Link here to the post, published on May 10, 2017: forum.conflictnations.com/inde…may/&postID=6415#post6415. Germanico seems very apologetic in disabling unit and resource trading, while describing how resource and unit trading was often abused by players, and how this is an experimental update.

Then I found this post by Opulon published in July 5, 2017 (yes, still 2017): forum.conflictnations.com/inde…c/&postID=12008#post12008. It says how the devs were working on revamping the system "they intend to make it come back through coalitions."

On October 22, 2017 (forum.conflictnations.com/inde…m/&postID=16304#post16304), it is announced (I do not know if it is for the first time) that trading will never be back, and a slight shift in tone as well.

I understand how there have been countless threads about this over the past two years (over 80% of the entire time this game has been open since December 13, 2016) complaining how this feature used to be in the game and that CoW has it and whatnot and how everyone is working on mobile development, but this feature was removed almost 2 years ago, and it may be a good topic to revisit, even if it will be promptly forgotten. But most of all, I would greatly appreciate such a thread that explains all of this due to the sheer volume of posts that one has to dig through to find an answer.

Thanks for listening.

The post was edited 1 time, last by OneRandomPlayer ().