Alliances creating super-coalition in game

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Alliances creating super-coalition in game

Is it considered okay for members of an alliance to join a game and work together even if they aren't part of the same coalition? I'm in a game and attacked a nation in a coalition only to be attacked by 2 non-coalition neighbors who were defending him and told me it's because he is in their alliance, even refusing to negotiate peace except through their alliance leader who's in the game. So it seems they aren't trying to win, they're trying to help the coalition that has their alliance leader in it to win. They haven't really expanded in a while, either.
    • Sounds like wolfpacking.

Could you give details ? (or make a report).

They play in different coalitions but play regardless as if they were alliances, trying to push their leaders into victory.

It really sounds like wolfpacking
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • I made bug report. Wasn't sure if that was the right place, or here. It's game 2701435. There's one coalition (Battlestars) that I think 4 members are alliance members, and 2 that aren't in the coalition but are working with them (Angola and Mozambique). One alliance member is in my coalition, but he's working with me to win, not that we will, China is spending like a billionaire. Nuclear attack launched on day 5 and he's been doing that repeatedly ever since. Bolivia, too, but a bit less.
    • Opulon wrote:

Sounds like wolfpacking.

Could you give details ? (or make a report).

They play in different coalitions but play regardless as if they were alliances, trying to push their leaders into victory.

It really sounds like wolfpacking
      and if is not role play game doenst matter what player make like if you have premium not need make coaliation becose its give you posibility shared info if somebody help somebody another its his way how play if somebody join in coaliation to make spy this coaliation its his way .. so realy if somebody cooperate with somebody its only bad be on other side .. but isnt it is cheating
    • We are judges about that.

And we consider that if you are an alliance, making a coalition to play together is totally legitimate, while having a coalition for your alliance + sleeper agents to push you into win isn't.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • The fact that they do know that it's limited to 5 "by game rules" and still having to put additionnal members is mind-boggling. But okay. If you made a report, i suppose it will have ended in the EN department where it will be handled
    • quoting our Terms of Service:
      " Forming groups of Users in Dorado Games or Services beyond the applicable group limits (Wolfpacking) with the sole reason of gaining added benefits or tipping the balance of the Games in favor of the Users. Often this behavior is accompanied by deliberately making the experience miserable for new or less experienced Users (Ganking). ALLIANCE CAP: Alliance members belonging to the same Alliance are not allowed to join the same game beyond the coalition limit for said map (GameID)."

Looks like a direct violation to me. We will take action, thanks for your report.

@Opulon I think by "game rules" they consider technical limitation on coalition members, but I might be wrong.

• They seem to not be aware that they can perfectly play regular challenges without needing to have level 25
    • This, it depends how they react ^^. It's not impossible that they are just "not aware" at all of our social habits
    • as alliance, you can request a gold free match each month.
      Theese are not open i think, but created manually by staff just for the participants
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Dorado Games
      DE - Team Lead
      Conflict of Nations

"That was not me, it was already broken!"
    • Fereyd wrote:

as alliance, you can request a gold free match each month.
      Theese are not open i think, but created manually by staff just for the participants
      so it will be good make posibility for aliance make map for teach cooperate its realy hard join in open map if not join in exatly time (and on small map like evrope + pieces afrika and amerika is teach nothing mots this game teach that player go inactivity only so much more better it will be posibility for aliance make map where may join like two team (without any gold by win this map ..)

and be good take out posibility from premium shared info .. becose why is in game if is out of rule ... or by rule say my anybody how may this use ?
    • This is a good discussion on an important topic. Thank you to the devs and support staff for providing clarity.

I have a couple statements and questions:

Wolfpacking rules talk about members of the SAME alliance working together in numbers larger than one coalition being a violation. We are now seeing larger alliances breaking into smaller sub-alliances (alliances formed from the same group of people, with the same goals and structure but under different names). For example, Carthage now has started an International branch.

*We assume that anyone in any alliance or sub-alliance can all play together in public games but are limited to ONE coalition worth of members. I am asking these questions as I am not sure everyone clearly understands the rules.*

Question #1) Would it be a wolfpack violation if say five members from Carthage (Main) formed a coalition on a world map but then another smaller coalition of two or three members from the Carthage (International) also joined?

*We are trying to get more alliances into public games together in order to provide better competition. Our understanding is that as long as we are competing there is no issue, and this is not wolfpacking.*

Question #2) If members of different alliances agree to join a public game but form different coalitions, who all intend to play against each other in fair competition, is there any problem with this?
      ChrisJ909
      Leader, Carthage Alliance (CTG)
      carthage-alliance.org/
      Founding Member, Challenge Alliance Community (CAC)
      --
      "History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid." - Dwight D. Eisenhower
    • Hello Chris.

To your question 1, i'd say that there is absolutely no problem if the two coalitions are actually competing with each other (rival). If they cooperate and ally themselves, there i would begin to understand it as unfair.

Question 2 : Same. Ultimately, it's a matter of organisation on the behalf of the said alliances. If the final result is " 3 coalitions made of all the alliances involved, that fight themselves like if they didnt knew each other", i think it's perfectly fine.

(This will require Dev approval, though :D)
    • Opulon wrote:

It's a bit hard to explain directly, but it's a matter of "language" and "Timezone"
      I don't think this is hard to explain at all. This is the exact reason (timezone for us more than language). Grey Wolf has four alliances, surely you know that. ;)

This is one of the issues with telling alliances to train in public matches, instead of internals. The fact we cannot all be online at once makes it very hard to join a map that fills up quickly.
      ChrisJ909
      carthage-alliance.org/
      --
      "History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid." - Dwight D. Eisenhower
    • Germanico wrote:

Carthage international and Carthage? Why do this when actually we already give you access to more slots?
      Also, please provide the official response if you could. Opulon is always very helpful but even he said "This will require Dev approval, though".
      ChrisJ909
      carthage-alliance.org/
      --