Attack timing

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Attack timing

I was attacking a unit in a city with a small unit of infantry. That unit had attacked 5 minutes previously so had to wait 55 minutes till next attack. I then had a large armored unit arrive to help - this unit then joined with the small unit and also had to wait 55 minutes to attacking. I thought the large unit would attack as soon as it arrived?

Is there a difference in engagement damage output when you click to attack a unit as opposed to simply moving a unit onto a place occupied by enemy units? Seems like when click to attack they go into some ranged bombardment thing with lower damage output.
    • If it joined the same unit that already attacked i believe it has to wait the same amount of time since it was "absorbed" into the already attacking unit. If it were, say, a towed or mobile artillery that can attack the same enemy from a distance, then it would have a different attack timer since it would stay a separate unit altogether.
      The art of war is chess, not checkers. Don't rush all your pawns into the fray leaving your king undefended.
    • To add to this: if the units are not merged you will suffer damage to each of the individual stacks - giving the defender an additional benefit. This is intended, but I still want to point it out because some people think it benefitial to split attack...
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf