Coalition Tournament would be a huge hit!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Coalition Tournament would be a huge hit!

My first thread and my best suggestion by far: coalition tournament. join as a team, win or lose as a team. no kicks and no drops. gold entry fee so we can go gold free during the match. have the fee payable by the team so they can pay as they want, one person pay all, or split up etc..... and then an announcement on who won and the player names and even a gold prize if possible. I think this would be very popular and would help bring the different users together...... alliance, non alliance, 4x, 1x etc...... would be a blast!!! thoughts??
    • Welcome to the forums @DTBama,

This was done in the past and many issues present themselves on many levels. The coalitions who apply may fight in favor of each other, we don't have any way to manipulate the gold entry fee, anonymous settings (president names instead of player names) still allows players to see which alliance the player is from, the start timers don't always seem to work as intended, players sharing the password and gameID details to bring in external users, and some others which I can't remember. Another issue is those players who register and don't show up, potentially toppling the integrity of the victor since nations are openly available for easy-taking.

From my end I've done all I can in how the games are setup with random placements and specific maps chosen, organizing players into specific maps and so on. And granted, there are some issues which just can't be resolved, but some others things need to be ironed out before setting another one up.
      Dorado Games
      Conflict Of Nations

• To go in the way of DTBama because i like his idea, it would probably benefit from another IDEA that is an "blocked diplomacy" with no right of way or even peace. Just a "eternal state of war" (maybe without the penalties, who knows ?). Such a thing would have some effect to reduce the efficiency of coalitions that fight in favor of X or Y.

Also, as the IMP tend to demonstrate, if the teams are a bit bigger than 5 (like 7-8), you can have a team per entity (no family) and get quite a merry fight
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.