Better CoN News filtering + Notifications

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Better CoN News filtering + Notifications

I hope the "list" includes some tidying and increasing of efficacy of CoN News filtering, e.g. when searching for news about a particular country, one must enter said country's name every time one goes back/forward - sometimes the country's name "sticks"; mostly not unfortunately. Anyway, easier, more functional filtering about particular countries and their news por favor.

Also, I'd LOVE to see CoN News give me notifications about countries I choose on whether anything of interest/minor/major event happens there or not, e.g. receive news on all adjacent/regional/continental neighbors and/or choose type of notifications for each country; as in, get news on who goes to war and who builds what on those countries you choose.

I over-elaborate sometimes. Habit of being a [former] teacher.
      "Any of you *uckin' pricks move, and I'll execute every mother*uckin' last one of ya!" - Honey Bunny
    • What is the deal with the newspaper & stats? I often rely on the newspaper for intel but I am not sure if it is accurate now:

- I am playing a purely defensive game as an island nation in order to test methods of morale enhancement and overall economic production; I literally am at war with no one except the insurgent leader, yet on Day 8 I am the "most hated leader" in the CON poll?

Does the first place spot just auto-default to you when you play? The economy stats seem legit, so whats up with that?

And on a side tangent, I wish more players would use the CON news for discourse / discussions / information and disinformation (but that's just my own personal opinion).
    • Oh... Well, I like to join abandoned games around day 4/5. I find it more fun, its like a grab bag. I took over Cuba, who's predecessor had already taken Haiti (and subsequently let Port au Prince fall to the insurgency). So that was the situation I was dealt. But other nations are screaming across Europe / Middle East leaving large swaths of territory in flames. So there is no way whatever the person before me did to Haiti in the opening days of the game could lead the nation to be on top of the notorious nation poll, right? Just seems... odd.
    • Germanico had replied to me in a thread once when it came to in game notifications. I was getting notifications that my city was attacked and suffering civilian casualties (I had not taken the city yet), then the next notification was that my military unit had eliminated the (whatever enemy unit) and the third notification was that we had captured the city. To me it seemed backwards to be trigger the "your city of... was attacked & reporting civilian casualties" before I had technically captured it, but he explained the process. And it indeed was that my assault had resulted in civilian casualties, which I now am suffering the consequences from as the city's new 'owner'.

I see the similar in the morale tab of captured provinces as "civilian casualties -2" or whatever numerical value it is. Clearly I caused them ( I don't see those in homeland provinces ). I find it adds more elements of reality to the game, but I agree, sometimes they were derived can be confusing.
    • OK, I guess an update for the like, two people following this thread...

We're on day 13; today the "most beloved leader" poll has come out: #1 - Norway. The facts:

- Human player that I believe went inactive
      - At war with 2 nations
      - Average morale is 63.5%

Denmark (AI - country was never selected) is #2 with morale at 93.67%.

My average morale is 95.34% and I am not even on the list. More data that the stats are just... thrown together??
    • It's not your own average morale that decides if you are the most hated nation/leader. How the other countries view you and, ultimately, how popular your regime is to the world is what I think decides it. If so, I would further assume that it's your own 'Global Popularity' rating on your nation profile page.
      "Any of you *uckin' pricks move, and I'll execute every mother*uckin' last one of ya!" - Honey Bunny
    • Shrike2050 wrote:

What is the deal with the newspaper & stats? I often rely on the newspaper for intel but I am not sure if it is accurate now:

- I am playing a purely defensive game as an island nation in order to test methods of morale enhancement and overall economic production; I literally am at war with no one except the insurgent leader, yet on Day 8 I am the "most hated leader" in the CON poll?

Does the first place spot just auto-default to you when you play? The economy stats seem legit, so whats up with that?

And on a side tangent, I wish more players would use the CON news for discourse / discussions / information and disinformation (but that's just my own personal opinion).
      To be honest...I dont give a cent about hated or most famous leader...These statistic is useless.
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • Shrike2050 wrote:

What is the deal with the newspaper & stats? I often rely on the newspaper for intel but I am not sure if it is accurate now:

To me if im not #1 most hated im doing something wrong. Most beloved usually some auto country that got wiped but a few prov and most hated usually the top countries who have conquered a lot of countries. Only stat worthwhile is Economy and only see evry 3 days. Better off just leaving that everyday as this shows how strong you are in relation to other potential opponents.

I use news articles to get certain players on tilt as a pissed off player is reckless or to try to turn the world against certain players if they are wrecking parts of the world. ie - put the target on their back and off mine (ie - im the good guy saving world from this out of control tyrant... when in fact I will slaughter them too just in 5 days...lol.)
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp