Air wing Attacking multiple objetives

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Now, instead of imitating your past behavior, I am actually going to attempt to help even though I would imagine you would easily know the answer if you actually played the game... ;) :whistling:

KFGauss wrote:

Folks,

I want to be able to better predict what happens when I send ground-attack aircraft to patrol over more than one enemy ground stack.

My research turned up this thread. It tells me that the patrol attack implementation has evolved in the past; but the discussion sort of leaves a reader hanging; unsure of whether the implementation changed a little more in 2019 or afterward.

Do any of you teachers or beta-testers, or someone else who can speak with authority, have a good grasp of how a multi-target patrol attack gets resolved, including
    • the damage the attacking planes (initially and later) deliver,

They dump their full attack strength onto each stack; ie its not divided upon each. One thing tho with this statement/guess...

....................Currently (as of the date of this post), damage to units isnt matching up AT ALL to stated potential attack damage which I personally think is a bug that has been introduced in the past 2-3 weeks or so. I believe the devs intend the "full attack strength" value of aircraft to be cut down some based on the attacked units defense strength value or Hit Points(HP) or whatever but stated unit attack strength for units in game is still coming up short from what I am seeing.

KFGauss wrote:

• the damage the defending units (initially and later) deliver to the planes,

Units defensive strength minus some arbitrary value that again, as noted above, seems to be based on some calculated value based on either the attacking unit stack's attack strength, or Hit Points, or whatever. Im not really sure. As I think about it, I believe at one time attack strength and defensive strength were simply dealt out as stated in the in game UI. So, unless they are doing code changes to how they are dealt out, I would guess there is a bug currently for units attack strengths and defensive strengths not being fully dealt out.

KFGauss wrote:

• the target that gets hit first (if it's not all of them),

I believe the attacking aircraft on patrol simultaneously attacks any and all stacks within the patrol zone once it reaches the point where it is set to patrol.

KFGauss wrote:

• the rules that determine which target(s) get(s) hit after the first target (and with what atk/def stats for both stacks), and

Any/all simultaneously. Attacks by the aircraft go out first, then the defensive strength of the defending units get dealt to the aircraft stack, again, simultaneously.

KFGauss wrote:

• anything else I forgot to ask.

You forgot to ask what you owe us for answering your questions. :sleeping:

Anyway, thats just my educated guesses from playing the game so take them with a grain of salt.
  • Hakaishin wrote:

1. Because you can google it. "https://www.google.com"
    2. Because you can use search the forum to find the answer. "https://forum.conflictnations.com/" ...its in the top right corner. Good luck, buddy.
    3. Because you can check the wiki. Here, let me link you to it... "https://wiki.conflictnations.com/Main_Page" I'm am being helpful, right?

You're being helpful.
    "YES WE CAN!" - Barack Obama
    Mr. Gorbechev, tear down this wall! - Ronald Reagan
    We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do other things. John F. Kennedy
    The only thing we need to fear is fear itself. - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Do not let anyone tell you who you are. - Kamala Harris
  • Hakaishin wrote:

Now, instead of imitating your past behavior, I am actually going to attempt to help even though I would imagine you would easily know the answer if you actually played the game... ;) :whistling:

Anyway, thats just my educated guesses from playing the game so take them with a grain of salt.
    You do realize how silly you sound, right? He knows waaay more about this game than you do….and I’m not sure that you understand that the combat value are graded on a bell curve…

He asked for someone with credibility and your answers are just guesses… :rolleyes:

I’m sure that he appreciates you trying to help him make guesses (cough) but I don’t think he owes you anything. :D
    I am Aeneas, duty-bound and known above high air of heaven by my fame, carrying with me in my ships our gods of hearth and home, saved from the foe. I look for Italy to be my fatherland, and my descent is from all-highest Jove.
  • Aeneas of Troy wrote:

Hakaishin wrote:

Now, instead of imitating your past behavior, I am actually going to attempt to help even though I would imagine you would easily know the answer if you actually played the game... ;) :whistling:

You do realize how silly you sound, right? He knows waaay more about this game than you do….and I’m not sure that you understand that the combat value are graded on a bell curve…
    I alluded to it maybe being calculated in a certain way while outright commenting that I believe it didnt work that way before. I also dont mind nutriders commenting on how silly I may sound as bucket fishing for said comments is mostly why I even bother posting on this forum in the first place.

Aeneas of Troy wrote:

He asked for someone with credibility and your answers are just guesses… :rolleyes:
    He asked, in part, for beta testers. Anyone who regularly plays the game could be considered a "beta tester". I test software professionally ie for money so you're not really going to win an argument with me on the subject but good luck attempting to do so anyway.

Aeneas of Troy wrote:

I’m sure that he appreciates you trying to help him make guesses (cough) but I don’t think he owes you anything. :D
    Unless one has the *current* code base that is constantly being updated on a daily basis in front of them, then any answer would be a guess. My ego isnt so fragile that I have to hide that fact. Sorry, son. :)
  • At-least @Hakaishin took a shot at it to solve the question, instead of continue with argument.

He doesn't owe you anything, maybe mental and emotional distress reparations.

Aeneas of Troy wrote:

He knows waaay more about this game than you do….
    So?

He can try to make an educated guess on this subject.
    Just because she might be less experienced doesn't mean she can't answer.
    "YES WE CAN!" - Barack Obama
    Mr. Gorbechev, tear down this wall! - Ronald Reagan
    We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do other things. John F. Kennedy
    The only thing we need to fear is fear itself. - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Do not let anyone tell you who you are. - Kamala Harris
  • Hakaishin wrote:

KFGauss wrote:

regatta2k16 wrote:

Thanks for inviting me to the club you're leading :)
    OK - So, let's get into this - Please explain why this sort of question shouldn't be asked and answered in a Forum thread.
    1. Because you can google it. "https://www.google.com" :rolleyes:
    2. Because you can use search the forum to find the answer. "https://forum.conflictnations.com/" ...its in the top right corner. Good luck, buddy. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    3. Because you can check the wiki. Here, let me link you to it... "https://wiki.conflictnations.com/Main_Page" I'm am being helpful, right? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    I did use a Google search of the forum site and do other research to look for pertinent info. That's how I found this thread. I mentioned that research in my original question in this thread.

So - I already did all of those things - But either you already knew that and decided to be a jerk and ignore it, or you're complaining without investing even the barest minimum into learning whether or not your complaint makes you look silly.

Bottom Line: No you aren't being helpful, because you didn't read the question.

The post was edited 3 times, last by KFGauss ().

• Hakaishin wrote:

They dump their full attack strength onto each stack; ie its not divided upon each. One thing tho with this statement/guess...
    ....................Currently (as of the date of this post), damage to units isnt matching up AT ALL to stated potential attack damage which I personally think is a bug that has been introduced in the past 2-3 weeks or so. I believe the devs intend the "full attack strength" value of aircraft to be cut down some based on the attacked units defense strength value or Hit Points(HP) or whatever but stated unit attack strength for units in game is still coming up short from what I am seeing.

Units defensive strength minus some arbitrary value that again, as noted above, seems to be based on some calculated value based on either the attacking unit stack's attack strength, or Hit Points, or whatever. Im not really sure. As I think about it, I believe at one time attack strength and defensive strength were simply dealt out as stated in the in game UI. So, unless they are doing code changes to how they are dealt out, I would guess there is a bug currently for units attack strengths and defensive strengths not being fully dealt out.

I believe the attacking aircraft on patrol simultaneously attacks any and all stacks within the patrol zone once it reaches the point where it is set to patrol.

Any/all simultaneously. Attacks by the aircraft go out first, then the defensive strength of the defending units get dealt to the aircraft stack, again, simultaneously.

I asked for an authoritative answer, not speculation and best guesses.

You have supplied speculation and educated guesses.

You may now go sit in the corner and think about what you've done wrong.
  • Hakaishin wrote:

I alluded to it maybe being calculated in a certain way while outright commenting that I believe it didnt work that way before. I also dont mind nutriders commenting on how silly I may sound as bucket fishing for said comments is mostly why I even bother posting on this forum in the first place.

He asked, in part, for beta testers. Anyone who regularly plays the game could be considered a "beta tester". I test software professionally ie for money so you're not really going to win an argument with me on the subject but good luck attempting to do so anyway.

Unless one has the *current* code base that is constantly being updated on a daily basis in front of them, then any answer would be a guess. My ego isnt so fragile that I have to hide that fact. Sorry, son. :)
    Looks like I do owe you something @Hakaishin - I owe you my sincere thanks for a good literal LOL.

Wow! You test software professionally!

Well . . Pin a rose on you.

Guess what - So. Do. I.

Now - My request is that we stop all this whiny complaining; and that we ask the forum mods to delete all this recent dreck from the thread so that the last info in the thread is the useful answer we got from Playbabe?

Maybe, just maybe that would help future readers? - Do ya think?
  • This thread is going no where, i’m locking this.
    here something i want to address.

1. I support KFG approach on reviving old and unresolved thread, listing unresolved point and asking for higher creditable personal.

2. Beta tester is real role, Hello nice to meet you.

3. Yeah official wiki suck, I have permission to propose and edit it but for beginner point of view, it is good enough.

4. docs.google.com/document/d/10l…wSR1_fFASXGnVuK8k8WKTCrQY here teacher’s wiki about AA (original by teburo, edited by me) I hope it is deep enough

5. with current well knowledge about aircraft behavior against one unit, it is safe to assume that it is the same against multiple. Now that about patrol damage, I can see where the confusion is coming from. In Call of war patrol will not do full damage and since the dev is “didn’t change anything” there is a reason to suspect that in CoN too, patrol doesn’t do full damage. But it is not a definite prove.

Sadly we don’t have people doing a proper test on this but i did do rng test so i can confidently say that, dealing 50% to 80% of the stats is surprisingly common.
    This post was made by Leader of the Church of ROAD

The post was edited 1 time, last by playbabe ().