Air wing Attacking multiple objetives

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• aplicar wax wrote:

KFGauss wrote:

KFGauss wrote:

Folks,

I want to be able to better predict what happens when I send ground-attack aircraft to patrol over more than one enemy ground stack.

My research turned up this thread. It tells me that the patrol attack implementation has evolved in the past; but the discussion sort of leaves a reader hanging; unsure of whether the implementation changed a little more in 2019 or afterward.

Do any of you teachers or beta-testers, or someone else who can speak with authority, have a good grasp of how a multi-target patrol attack gets resolved, including
    • the damage the attacking planes (initially and later) deliver,
    • the damage the defending units (initially and later) deliver to the planes,
    • the target that gets hit first (if it's not all of them),
    • the rules that determine which target(s) get(s) hit after the first target (and with what atk/def stats for both stacks), and
    • anything else I forgot to ask.

Now that we're out of the weekend, I'm giving this a bump before giving up hoping for an answer.
    I have answer:
    Stop reviving 4 year old threads.
    I agree. And he knows what to do, which is to directly speak with "teachers or beta-testers, or someone else who can speak with authority". Pretty sure he can google where and how to find them.
  • regatta2k16 wrote:

aplicar wax wrote:

I have answer:Stop reviving 4 year old threads.
    I agree. And he knows what to do, which is to directly speak with "teachers or beta-testers, or someone else who can speak with authority". Pretty sure he can google where and how to find them.
    So you also want to get into the "That's just about the dumbest thing anyone could write in this thread today." club?

Memberships are free, so step right up and add your name to the list.
  • CoN documantation is poor. Even if people try to read how the mechanics work, there is very little detail. I've learned most of my combat mechanics know-how from testing hypothesis in-game and by reviewing what the nuances of the situation were when something happened I didn't expect.

I'm with KFGauss, interested in a detailed explanation of patrol mechanics though I think this is one of MANY areas that need to be accessible in the CoN Wiki.
  • KFGauss wrote:

regatta2k16 wrote:

aplicar wax wrote:

So you also want to get into the "That's just about the dumbest thing anyone could write in this thread today." club?
    Memberships are free, so step right up and add your name to the list.
    Thanks for inviting me to the club you're leading :)
  • Rainmaker2112 wrote:

CoN documantation is poor. Even if people try to read how the mechanics work, there is very little detail. I've learned most of my combat mechanics know-how from testing hypothesis in-game and by reviewing what the nuances of the situation were when something happened I didn't expect.

I'm with KFGauss, interested in a detailed explanation of patrol mechanics though I think this is one of MANY areas that need to be accessible in the CoN Wiki.
    Yes, he knows exactly what to do, which is to directly speak with "teachers or beta-testers, or someone else who can speak with authority".
  • regatta2k16 wrote:

KFGauss wrote:

regatta2k16 wrote:

aplicar wax wrote:

So you also want to get into the "That's just about the dumbest thing anyone could write in this thread today." club?Memberships are free, so step right up and add your name to the list.
    OK - So, let's get into this - Please explain why this sort of question shouldn't be asked and answered in a Forum thread.
  • If this is gang up on KFG club and annoying/roast him to death...

Sign me up for a premium membership!
    "YES WE CAN!" - Barack Obama
    Mr. Gorbechev, tear down this wall! - Ronald Reagan
    We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do other things. John F. Kennedy
    The only thing we need to fear is fear itself. - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Do not let anyone tell you who you are. - Kamala Harris
  • aplicar wax wrote:

KFGauss wrote:

aplicar wax wrote:

I have answer:
    Stop reviving 4 year old threads.
    That's just about the dumbest thing anyone could write in this thread today.
    Coming from just about the dumbest author that's written in this forum today.
    Please explain why how long ago the first post in this thread was made has any bearing on asking about the same topic now.
  • Hello. Can you please stop this passive aggressive attitude and try to make constructive use of the forum?
    I welcome your feedback and your request for detailed information on this game mechanic to pass on to the team. But please understand that like in many other games, we may not be able to provide you with more details on this topic.
    Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
  • Atomio wrote:

Can you please stop this passive aggressive attitude and try to make constructive use of the forum?
    Who is this directed at?

At this point, I'm ahead of most people in terms of arcane knowledge of the game (for example, I know I can look at my notifications to identify the single digit minute at which AA is checked and, as long as I don't look at an AA attack that was triggered by an enemy attacking something in it's range which is not based on the global AA timer, this let's me time my intrusions into AA nets to receive the fewest counter attacks and to have the best chance of getting my point-attack done before any active AA which means I'll do more damage and take less).

So, my criticism of the combat documantation is for new players... if you "can't go into more detail" about things like this (global AA timer, patrol target prioritization) that's fine, but it just means experienced players will have more and more advantages.

I'm not on KFGauss's side on all discussions, but I wanted to second the frustration expressed because I was very frustrated scouring the wiki as a new player and not finding answers to my questions.
  • Rainmaker2112 wrote:

Atomio wrote:

Can you please stop this passive aggressive attitude and try to make constructive use of the forum?
    Who is this directed at?
    At this point, I'm ahead of most people in terms of arcane knowledge of the game (for example, I know I can look at my notifications to identify the single digit minute at which AA is checked and, as long as I don't look at an AA attack that was triggered by an enemy attacking something in it's range which is not based on the global AA timer, this let's me time my intrusions into AA nets to receive the fewest counter attacks and to have the best chance of getting my point-attack done before any active AA which means I'll do more damage and take less).

So, my criticism of the combat documantation is for new players... if you "can't go into more detail" about things like this (global AA timer, patrol target prioritization) that's fine, but it just means experienced players will have more and more advantages.

I'm not on KFGauss's side on all discussions, but I wanted to second the frustration expressed because I was very frustrated scouring the wiki as a new player and not finding answers to my questions.
    Him bringing it up again was definitely not for new players. If anything, he should sign up to be able to edit the wiki to help new players instead of asking them to use google search.
  • regatta2k16 wrote:

Rainmaker2112 wrote:

Atomio wrote:

Who is this directed at?At this point, I'm ahead of most people in terms of arcane knowledge of the game (for example, I know I can look at my notifications to identify the single digit minute at which AA is checked and, as long as I don't look at an AA attack that was triggered by an enemy attacking something in it's range which is not based on the global AA timer, this let's me time my intrusions into AA nets to receive the fewest counter attacks and to have the best chance of getting my point-attack done before any active AA which means I'll do more damage and take less).

Him bringing it up again was definitely not for new players. If anything, he should sign up to be able to edit the wiki to help new players instead of asking them to use google search.
    @regatta2k16 - Could you explain yourslef a bit more fully please. There's at least three things:
    • The claim you made above the strongly implied a question about how Patrol works shouldn't be asked (and answered by an expert) here in the forum. Is that what you meant to convey?
    • Why do you seem to be saying here that Forum questions should be targeted at new players?
    • How is using Google Searches remotely connected to the topic of this thread?
    We can discuss those three things in a forum Conversation instead of this thread if you like.
  • Rainmaker2112 wrote:

The wiki doesn't give you high quality details, its like it gives you the foundation then it lets you fly.

It needs to be updated in a way.

But what the Middle School Teacher of the forum gave us (@'playbabe') a very detailed version of the CON wiki. (First time an elder actually helped)

I don't know if this is a copy and paste fo the actual CON Wiki or its self made.

regatta2k16 wrote:

I started to grow on the opinion on reviving old threads (unless you're a new player) it's easier for a newer player to navigate without swimming a endless pit of post. But I agree with google crap.
    "YES WE CAN!" - Barack Obama
    Mr. Gorbechev, tear down this wall! - Ronald Reagan
    We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do other things. John F. Kennedy
    The only thing we need to fear is fear itself. - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Do not let anyone tell you who you are. - Kamala Harris
  • KFGauss wrote:

regatta2k16 wrote:

KFGauss wrote:

regatta2k16 wrote:

aplicar wax wrote:

So you also want to get into the "That's just about the dumbest thing anyone could write in this thread today." club?Memberships are free, so step right up and add your name to the list.
    OK - So, let's get into this - Please explain why this sort of question shouldn't be asked and answered in a Forum thread.
    1. Because you can google it. "https://www.google.com" :rolleyes:
    2. Because you can use search the forum to find the answer. "https://forum.conflictnations.com/" ...its in the top right corner. Good luck, buddy. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    3. Because you can check the wiki. Here, let me link you to it... "https://wiki.conflictnations.com/Main_Page" I'm am being helpful, right? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: