Is Annexation worth it?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Is Annexation worth it?

To Annex a city you must spend:
      4250 Supplies
      3750 Components
      2500 Fuel
      1500 Rare
      1750 Electronics
      --------------
      Total: 13750 Resources

Plus:
      1250 Manpower
      10000 Cash

Benefits?
      You now have another city to build units from.
      The city will double its resource production.

Thoughts...
      - If you are an inland country and want ships, then you'll obviously need to Annex a city on the shore
      - From my estimation.... If the city were at 100% morale, it would still take 10 days to produce the number of resources used.
      - More realistically it probably takes 20+ days to recover used materials

I suppose if you have more resources than you know what to do with, then why not? Go ahead and Annex away!
      But at this point I believe that in most cases it doesn't make sense to annex.

Possible Improvements?
      - Lower resource cost to Annex?
      - Higher production increase for Annexed cities?

Conclusion:
      I'm still fairly new to the game, so please point out where I'm wrong, here. I'm actually hoping that you can convince me that Annexation is actually worth the investment.

-Grim
    • Your conceptional error is to lump sum all resources. In mid to late game usually you are missing only one or two types. Hence the other costs are essentially becoming ever more irrelevant with the progression of the game. This in turn greatly reduces the actual price of annexation to your economy.

Additionally we never planned for players to annex all conquered cities. It is - and shall remain - a limited option.

//G
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • i try to annex cities based on what in it, lets say i want awaks , lets say i also captured a city that prevously had a level 4 airbase now its down to a 50% pecercent damaged level three airbase i will annex this bulld up to level 4 and im done this save from having to biuld up from a level two or level one air base and i can solely concentrate my other airbases to build fighter jets or attack helicopters this frees me up in a sence now this wont always happen but this comment was more for future reference
      • hello

The post was edited 1 time, last by ross222 ().

• The more you annexe, the more you can afford to annexe. Annexation is a long time investment, it should be well thought out and in generally only used on big map, 64 players and upwards. Smaller maps hardly last long enough to be usefull.

If you care well about not wasting units, you will reach certains points, where producing new units becomes less and less relevant and you can invest more into economy.

Knowing when and where to annexe is kind of the higher level of gameplay.
    • Usually, if you expanded correctly, you begin to feel that Annexation is "something you would consider" to increase a critical resource in the long run around day 18-20.

Often, the first city i annex is an rare material city, because the upgraded rare income allows to keep up with the increased research cost.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • We in fact went through several iterations and ideas in conjunction with the community to arrive at the present state. I understand it takes time getting used to, as it does not present the typical “must have” upgrade so often found in other free to play titles, or even the simple linear amortization one can find in eg. Total War games.
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • nobody has mentioned that annexation is rent. if you build in an annexed city, and its taken no matter how briefly, it reverts to occupied. ta, ke a city with buildings intact, say level 4 naval yard, would pay for its self immediately. Unfortunate lesson i just learned after annexation. cap from one nation different nation suicide his troops there lost it briefly, and YATZI, LOST ALL THE EXTRA STUFF I BUILT. anyway just saying