Defense from Rockets & balance

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• No, i do agree. Missiles are not cheap.

The point of the discussion is mostly that the ballistic missiles "specifically" are a bit too quick (potentially) to launch at an opponent, while the TDS theoretical countermeasure is counter intuitive and sluggish to deploy.

In other terms, the different proposal around here can be summarised by :

1°) A very soft nerf of the ballistic missile deployment speed by increasing the structural requirement for its launcher.
      2°) A very soft boost of the TDS deployment speed to increase its desirability
      3°) A notification to increase awareness against strategical threat

Subtle changes that influence the behaviour of players are the best

Globally, all the proposal are very smooth and soft : no harsh rebalancing, and no "OMG MISSILE USELESS".
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • I think @kurtvonstein is telling that missiles are cheap but... relatively to costs of TDS effective defense. What I mean by TDS effective defense - It is good to have a single TDS per city (6-10), but practically player will launch AT LEAST TWO ballistic missiles against one target. So, at least two TDSs per city are needed (right?). But also practically - there is no need to protect every homeland city. Some are more important others less important. Lets calculate that player should effectively protect at least 3 cities = 6xTDS to feel secured. Also at least 2xTDS to secure an army. I didn't test that, but just wondering are ballistic missiles can be used to avoid point defense by splash damage (by targeting province where hostile army is nearby, or city suburbs). Probably - yes. I can risk, and tell 'blind' that getting optimal fire power, by investment in ballistic missiles arsenal is half faster in resources and time, compared to investment in TDS effective defense. Also TDS is only for defense, and can't be used to attack. It's a large investment in 'passive' force which won't make player greater. The only benefit of TDS is - player can make expensive missile tree useless to his opponent, but it's possible in far late game. In contrast to BM, which are flying in mid game. That's why best defense is no defense.

The proposed solution is - lesser requirements for TDS and higher for launchers. Will It make TDS attractive not only for newbies? Well, TDS should be really easy to get to achieve that (what about army base l5 then?). But at least player will know where to look for launchers, with army base 1, arms industry 1, and lab 1, launchers could be produced everywhere.
      Display Spoiler

"We rarely recognize how wonderful it is that a person can traverse an entire lifetime without making a single really serious mistake — like putting a fork in one's eye or using a window instead of a door."
      - Marvin Lee Minsky

The post was edited 4 times, last by Efreet: more precision, grammar ().

• yoi wamt wo protect all your homeland cities...especially, electronic, goods and rare materials....the least woudl be oil...

if i have 2 cities with army base 5...it takes me at least 6 days to protect my 6 most important homeland cities with TDS...no one has this time...or the ressources...

1 TDS ist not enough to stop a ballistic missle... to many hitpoints.
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • kurtvonstein : Sorry, no, i can't do maths. At least, not the same than you it seems. But thank you for being so agreeable.

Ross22 : Ok.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Balance is an eternal work. But i don't think you'll see missiles redone any time soon. Subtle changes, yes, though