Naval Patrol Aircraft needs up

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Naval Patrol Aircraft needs up

People, at this moment NPA isnt playable cose its radar range is same as frigates radar range. Frigates are earlier available and easier to build. Also frigates are core of any fleets in current meta. Please advise how may use NPA now ?
      1) NPA has relatively short range to be effective against subs in oceans.
      2) NPA has tiny damage against submarines to kill it in single attack and very low speed and range to catch submarine for second attack (this is very strange for highly specialized unit, it just cant do direct task)

3) NPA has radar range 100km same as have frigates and will be killed in moment it see frigates without option to retreat
      4) NPA cant be used in land operation due to same radar range, it just will be killed easy by SAM at maximum range.

So totally NPA cant be used as anti submarines unit and cant be used nowhere. Also as you know air units are "online" instruments so impotence off NPA is even more strange.
      Also is funny that submarine in acceleration regime move with same speed as NPA flights :) is it a joke, guys ? Submarines flight under surface ?)

Imho radar range must be at least 150 km to avoid frigates in online regime. And damage against submarines shall be at least 2 times higher. Perfectly if NPA may kill sub in single attack ... it would be honestly if mean how is hard to operate with NPA and how is hard to find submarine.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Raf ().

• There was a discussion about that somewhere, don't know where. But I remember my conclusions how to solve this:

a) NPA's dmg 6/8/10 to surface and 6/8/10 to subs ( 5xNPA must always kill at least one sub, or missile sub at one hit due to large distances ),
      b) MissileSub's HP down to 20/30/40 high sea, and 6/9/12 damage to surface ships instead ( still worth to master )
      c) Frigate's, Cruiser's and Carrier's damage vs subs only symbolic 1/2/3 ( to make subs very dangerous, and NPA / ASW support mandatory. )
      d) Eventually, NPA's sonar range 100/125/150 ( for more comfortable sub tracking ),

I can describe points in details and discuss it if seriously needed.

___

3) Frigate should clear the skies from NPA, as it does now. AWACS should be used to track Frigates. I think it's fair.
      Display Spoiler

"We rarely recognize how wonderful it is that a person can traverse an entire lifetime without making a single really serious mistake — like putting a fork in one's eye or using a window instead of a door."
      - Marvin Lee Minsky

• Just today built couple of NPA to test them ... they are absolutely unplayable now. I spent 4 real hours trying find sub (I knew where it was when it launched BM, I sow this moment and sent NPA immediately) and I even didnt find it ... even if I was lucky I couldnt destroy it due to low damage. People, 4 REAL HOURS ONLINE for nothing using highly specialized unit and knowing targets initial place !

a) 5 NPA for one sub ? its too much for highly specialized unit ... 2-3 NPA must kill 1 sub in single attack.

3) Disagree here: frigates should DEFEND naval surface forces from air attack, frigates make this excellent ! NPA cant attack frigates, they will be easy killed if try to attack. But any surface ship cant sea patrolling aircraft earlier then aircraft see surface ship, its nonsense, enough that NPA dont see other aircrafts at all. In game Im not ready spent several real life hours to be killed in moment by random offline vessel. Build and use 5 NPAs + 1 AWACS, spent 5-6 hours isnt adequate decision to kill one offline sub just received chain off "drunk" orders , isnt it ?
    • "I spent 4 real hours trying find sub "

Hah, I know that pain... :D

But If you add too large NPA sonar, they will be used instead of AWACS. I remember I used NPA as land radar. As I'm watching stats now - it's still possible (right?).

"a) 5 NPA for one sub ?"

Well, yeah. Because they destroy subs without taking damage. So, 5/5 stack is considered as - should deal with any amount of submarines (if catch the target), and they are relatively cheap. If NPA will have let's say 15 dmg to sub, I completely see no future to subs.

"In game Im not ready spent several real life hours to be killed in moment by random offline vessel. Build and use 5 NPAs + 1 AWACS, spent 5-6 hours isnt adequate decision to kill one offline sub just received chain off "drunk" orders , isnt it ?"

Yeah, that's because AA dmg rates per hour are too strong, and you practically must stick to the computer. But it's a really long story. :)
      Display Spoiler

"We rarely recognize how wonderful it is that a person can traverse an entire lifetime without making a single really serious mistake — like putting a fork in one's eye or using a window instead of a door."
      - Marvin Lee Minsky

The post was edited 1 time, last by Efreet ().

• In late game, my coalition used NPA as a "second wave" behind ASWs, and they were "decent".

But even with that, the losses per run were quite "costly" compared to "more ASWs". The context and investment to make the NPAs interesting to build is very, very, very, very high.

Not sure if i agree with the "damage boost" proposal, but maybe the "increase curve" could be shift more toward T1 into T2, while it's more T2 into T3 now (and for that, it means you had the time and commitment to get them here)

As for radar range, i agree. Especially since i find the naval awacs to not have real any role.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • So, at least we probably agree that NPA's 'radar' should have detection same as submarine pattern :

RADAR DETECTION : Ships
      RADAR STEALTH DETECTION : Ships, Submarines

From this point of view, NPA is a flying sub. :D

If above possible, It could have even 100/150/200 sonar range.
      Display Spoiler

- Marvin Lee Minsky

• Efreet wrote:

Yes here : RADAR DETECTION : Ships
      Yes here : RADAR STEALTH DETECTION : Ships, Submarines

From this point of view, NPA is a flying sub. :D / Our subs currently may flight themselves, underwater acceleration speed 7 is 2 times higher them helicopters and same as bombers, AWACS and NPA :) and NPA cant launch BM and isnt stealth.

Yes here : If above possible, It could have even 100/150/200 sonar range.
      + NPA speed shall be bit a higher starting from T1
    • "+ NPA speed shall be bit a higher starting from T1"

What speed values exactly ? 10.00/10.00/10.00 like bomber or something else?
      Display Spoiler

- Marvin Lee Minsky