Airborn infantry operating from carriers

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Airborn infantry operating from carriers

Hello . I have played 1 short game and never advanced too far in tech fex 128game 2755065 ended in 7x4 days so i have never used carriers or seing them . But acording to the game info airborn infantry can not use carriers . Now i decided to play a calm game and a bit dissapointed to see that .
    • Took a long time to find it, but here is a link:
      Discussion: Airmobile Infantry rides on Aircraft Carriers?

Apparently, the Carrier is an ancient artifact and to rewrite it would take money and time. Perhaps this feature will be added after CoN is finished porting to mobile.

Any devs have anything to say about whether or not this will be added?
    • in the moment i´m afraid, it is on the arse end of the "things to implement"-list.
      Nearly every hour of dev-time (praise the devs) goes into Mobileversion.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Dorado Games
      DE - Team Lead
      Conflict of Nations

"That was not me, it was already broken!"

• This is the new navy killer stack. If all levels are similar, I assume this would probably take on 1, maybe 2, naval stacks of 5 whatever except cruisers. Cruisers are heli killers imo

EDIT: Imagine what a sea-faring, land-capturing stack of these carriers+airborne would be like. OverPowered comes to mind, nothing else.
      "Any of you *uckin' pricks move, and I'll execute every mother*uckin' last one of ya!" - Honey Bunny
    • Telerik wrote:

If you load your carriers with airborns ,than enemy carrier or airpatrol from airport with fighters will kill you . Right ? I am now at day 49 still no player uses carriers 128map btw .
      It's not the point. You can't have fighters or SAMs everywhere. I can easily imagine going along shore and jumping with paras to each city, or each bit far away in the interior if coastal cities will have infantry unit (militia will not have a chance with paras, with few it will be the same even with infantry). Thus making cities to rebel. Only limiting factor is infrastructural demand of carrier creation.
      Generally carriers are not needed if you play your map right and get beachhead fast enough. North America jumps to Greenland/Iceland>UK>Europe or vice versa. Africa jumps to eastern Brazil or South America to Western Africa. It's all about the cities, not land in general so invading and defending forces are highly localized and concentrated to specific locations. Even from Asia you can jump to North America via Alaska or in worst case scenario Hawaii. With new changes to ASW helis, carriers might have new role - ship killers. Of course that makes naval strike fighters even more useless now.
    • Eternus wrote:

Telerik wrote:

If you load your carriers with airborns ,than enemy carrier or airpatrol from airport with fighters will kill you . Right ? I am now at day 49 still no player uses carriers 128map btw .
      It's not the point. You can't have fighters or SAMs everywhere. I can easily imagine going along shore and jumping with paras to each city, or each bit far away in the interior if coastal cities will have infantry unit (militia will not have a chance with paras, with few it will be the same even with infantry). Thus making cities to rebel. Only limiting factor is infrastructural demand of carrier creation.Generally carriers are not needed if you play your map right and get beachhead fast enough. North America jumps to Greenland/Iceland>UK>Europe or vice versa. Africa jumps to eastern Brazil or South America to Western Africa. It's all about the cities, not land in general so invading and defending forces are highly localized and concentrated to specific locations. Even from Asia you can jump to North America via Alaska or in worst case scenario Hawaii. With new changes to ASW helis, carriers might have new role - ship killers. Of course that makes naval strike fighters even more useless now.
      How would Naval Strikes + Carrier be useless compared to ASW + Carrier? ?(

Yes, Naval Strike's AirBase req is 1 lvl higher, as are the costs, but it also comes with almost double the range, 60% more speed, and a missile slot.
    • Anti heli air defense. ASWs are now ship killers (OP, IMO). Place few (depend on level of them) frigates in your ASW carrier group and you don't need to be afraid of navy bombers or missiles. When we'll reduce that double range, there will be nothing left from your strike carrier. That's why. Also, I didn't said: it's useless. I said: it's even more useless. After all it depend on your enemy, so strike carriers can be effective weapon, but it's unlikely against good player IMO.