Why not, ... Alerts to text?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Why not, ... Alerts to text?

I was wondering why couldn't the game have some code thrown in to send the event messages [!] sent to a text # of the users choice. Seems to me that would help the game by increasing activity, and help discourage abandonment by players who were away and had their borders crossed and now find their situation hopeless when prior warning could have stopped it. My experience with coding is limited, but from what I know, it shouldn't be too hard.
    *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
    The KING of CoN News!!!
    The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
  • I´m not sure if i get you right,
    where should the message go to?

a log-dump (kindof syslog server)
    a Discord channel
    a mail account
    an email

maybe just waiting for mobile and turning push messages on would solve your request ;)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Dorado Games
    DE - Team Lead
    Conflict of Nations

"That was not me, it was already broken!"
  • well I was thinking the messages should go to a phone number's text messaging, but email would be just as good as long as it was something on a phone. People aren't usually carrying around laptops all day long but often sleep with their phone.

If it was to messaging, most of those come up even when closed & locked, so when Fereyed is laying in bed, he can glance at his phone and see it's not his new Typhoon that got produced, but his border that's been crossed.
    The KING of CoN News!!!
    The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

• Germanico wrote:

because this isn't a mobile game (yet) and once we are on mobile we will have push messages like any other mobile game (you know the ones we always disable quickly...).

//G
    Well, yeah, I know that. I was thinking having those alerts independent of being a mobile game. Some of the controls are tricky enough with a high end mouse (you click and click and finally it allows you to select a unit(s)) I can't imagine how tedious a mobile device will be, but if they were independent, say using a number you put in at the begining of the game, you could just be alerted, then log on if it matters.

Tying the alerts to a mobile game won't help as much I think, unless you can still access that game via PC.

Thanks for listening.
    The KING of CoN News!!!

• Of course you will be able to access said game with a PC. Our games are true cross platform games - ie. allowing you to play the same match on your PC at work, your ipad on your sofa and your mobile phone while one the move. That's the whole point in the exercise ;)
    "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
  • Germanico have you seen S1914 yet? I like their way of using mobile along with pc. It gives you most options as the game on PC but stats are shortened big time but it’s mainly used to get by until you’re able to actually use a pc. Believe that’s what CON should shoot for instead of trying to make a whole new complete game on mobile since many people are looking for something they can do manage their games without being utterly destroyed while they’re gone. If you haven’t yet you should definitely check out their mobile game compared to browser since it’s extremely close to this game.