UPDATE V 161221 - feedback

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• UPDATE V 161221 - feedback

those are some awesome updates you guys put trough, nevertheless I would like to mention a few things about only a few updates.. here goes

FEATURES:

Added tutorial for new player COOL!!
      Added new connections overlay to the game options CHEERS!
      Added new sounds to market and province bar UHU!

BALANCING:

Moved the Naval Infantry requirement to Army Base Level 2
      AUCH! no more researching anything else except normal army, naval infantry are not all that special.
      Moved the Strike Fighter requirement to Air Base Level 2
      Auch again..
      im stuck with research on 7 maps due to having them researched, researched my strikefighters even up to lvl2, i seriously need to make all my airbases lvl2 now or have to build for 3-4 days? i can see the lvl2 need as when you got 4 of those you can basically conquer everything with them and a few standard infantries, just be carefull how you push changed like these trough in the future, I dont mind it all that much to be honost but it might impact you as a company. especially when people are paying. just my advice, nothing more.

Slashed Fuel Upkeep for units across the board - great
      Deleted population fuel consumption - super, as 1 fuel city cant even upkeep buildings/population
      Lowered building and city fuel costs - superb. I hope all of this will be enough

Added Electronics cost for Buildings construction on level with Fuel, thats ok but not great, for some countries those realy lack, and typically those countries also lack other good stuff for the market. The AI doesnt buy though. I know bcos im playin alone on 1 map. They just sell and place buy orders. But wont buy from a placed order by a person. so if there are 1 to 10 people in game, well it will be hard dibs.

Shifted Army Base upkeep to Components and halved it, components where perfect in my eyes.
      Reduced Upkeep for Hospital and shifted to Components, i would have one in components and one in supplies.

So can we switch all of these things off?? if not id better quit all of those maps im playing

Added Rare Materials upkeep for Secret weapons lab
      Added Manpower Upkeep to recruiting office
      Added Money upkeep to all buildings except Arms Industry
      Added Component upkeep to Bunkers
      Added/modified military unit upkeeps - adding Components, and Electronics
      Added Electronics upkeep to Army base , Airbase, Naval Base, Secret Lab
      Shifted the Cities part of the Population upkeep to Components and Electronics

I dont think improving fuel and shifting it to other resources will do any good, along with shifting the fuel issue your shifting around problems.

Well maybe it does idk xD just giving my views.
      - Give me a lever long enough, and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world -

The post was edited 1 time, last by IshXIII ().

• ok about 1 day into the changes this is what I am experiencing:
      (mind this is over all 7 maps, 6 different nations)

-fuel is perfect now, its not too little, nor too much.
      -electronics seem to not be that much anymore, for now they seem to be in a good balance.
      -Supplies seem to be balanced out too, a little bit more then needed but that is good so we can now annex stuff
      -components decreased quite allot, but for now it does not seem to cause any issues
      -rare materials decreased almost next to none so its still balanced out (i think it was before too)
      -manpower, did not, and still is not causing any issues.

overall there seem to have taken place only slight improvements but with radical consequences.

I will post again to see what happens after another few days. ^^

the new HQ build possibility is awesome, so is the option to toggle roads!! superb guys, keep up the great work
      - Give me a lever long enough, and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world -
    • Thanks for the great report Ish. Kudos.
      Glad to hear and please continue posting if the economy seems outa whack.

The changes I made were basically necessary because some of our initial assumptions didn't hold up well in live play.
      Hopefully this in combination with the much lower annex should do the trick to stabilize the economy - at least early to mid game.
      Let's see what nukes and stuff do to the late/end game. That's where chaos theory comes into play.

//Germanico
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • Oke, as I said I'd post again, Economy is superb. Even in war time, it does now depend vigorously on what country you are playing, on every map I'm starving on 1 resource, another one is lacking but not too much, some are average, and some are way too much.
      Playing alone or with just a few players on a map, well it kills the market. You will not be able to get anything from it anymore once you go to war.

Though I do not suggest a change ATM, unless its improving the market, or better yet, that not all countries declare a trade embargo so there's some room to move around, but the market system is a different economical topic. Economy of countries it self's seem stable and steadily but slowly increasing. Annexing is definitely worth it now (unless you get one type of resource too much, but then again, that is supposed to be the idea I guess)
    • Hi Ish,

great to hear. No the main target for us after the holidays will be to quickly and decisively attack the AI issues - specifically the market embargo and war declaration issues.
      Also afaik AI is not selling stuff just buying - so that also is a serious problem to tackle.

Thanks for the feedback!

//Germanico
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf