UAV IS USELESS. change my mind

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• UAV IS USELESS. change my mind

what UAV expect to do:
      - "stealthy" recon neighbour before announcing war.

what UAV exactly do in the game:
      - get the neighbour attention "HEY I HAVE YOU IN MY MIND"
      - got shot down by EVERYTHING
      - NOT STEALTH AT ALL. most of the meta unit type have RADAR which will quickly spot the UAV

- oh, you got stealth ability at the end of research line? TOO BAD at that point EVERYONE has anti-stealth radar/unit.

what do you think with it and what you would like to see it if it got remake?
      In my opinion I think they should remake the whole radar system to "time & distance" base.
      This post was made by Leader of the Church of ROAD
    • -UAV is is cheap and effective in what it does: spotting stealthunits and identifying stuff already on t1 with a viewing range of 50
      - you can use rivers/oceans/your own borders to "cover" your uav so the ppl you're scouting dont notice
      - it can fire rockets on t2 already, while being basically a throwaway unit
      - pretty much a musthave for airplayers since it can be used to trigger aa ticks and air patrols or scouting if the stack you want to attack has aa or not

that being said it might not be "meta" but it definitly does the job its intended to, its a nice toy to have
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • Usually, i like to take the counter approach.

UAV is useless. Why do the most trained/skilled players use them (or order their soldiers to use them), due to them being useless ?

This meta-analysis will probably lead you to answer your own question.

Some Hints :

1°) Gets shot down by everything. Hell Yeah !
      2°) Gets the neighbour attention. Hell Yeah !
      3°) NOT STEALTH AT ALL. Not a problem.

"In my opinion I think they should remake the whole radar system to "time & distance" base."

Could you elaborate ? the radar system always has been tricky and i love a good alternative system :D
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Germanico wrote:

@MrBookShelf what a thoroughly positive and helpful post.

1) statement : now amuse me
      2) xyz needs to be totally redone

I honestly don't feel inclined, thank you...

//G
      This was my first reaction, i wrote something like "Not even tempted to teach". But then, i remembered it was a meme.

Once the pleasantry tone was more clear, it was easier to dismiss the bias :D
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • MrBookShelf wrote:

what do you think with it and what you would like to see it if it got remake?
      In my opinion I think they should remake the whole radar system to "time & distance" base.
      Faster progression for drones (day availability) and/or stealthiness gained faster + longer progression for anti stealth (air) trait + only on final generation (only trait so lets say + X days for last trier of those units) for units that can detect drones. Btw. other air stealth units the same as drones, this case unblocking them in tech tree faster (those units are not much effective either). Not going to happen of course (at least I don't believe it, surprise me devs :) )

Going to happen... never. Too much effort, devs don't add simpler things to the game.

Final verdict: smart players develop anti stealth units, d... I mean most, don't. When you don't play against smart player, UAVs are very, very useful.
    • MrBookShelf wrote:

what UAV expect to do:
      - "stealthy" recon neighbour before announcing war. - Who said that is their only expectation? To recon stealthily? At level 1? That would be their expectation? In this game? Under the current framework?

what UAV exactly do in the game:
      - get the neighbour attention "HEY I HAVE YOU IN MY MIND" [b]- Not if you know how to use them properly.[/b]
      - got shot down by EVERYTHING - Not if you know how to use them properly.
      - NOT STEALTH AT ALL. most of the meta unit type have RADAR which will quickly spot the UAV - Only if you know how to use them properly.

- oh, you got stealth ability at the end of research line? TOO BAD at that point EVERYONE has anti-stealth radar/unit. - Again, not an issue if you know how to use them properly.

what do you think with it and what you would like to see it if it got remake? - I'm personally very interested to hear your ideas on what the UAV should be instead.
      The role of the UAV unit is to reveal the identity of opposing ground units. Once it does that, it's expendable imho.
      "Any of you *uckin' pricks move, and I'll execute every mother*uckin' last one of ya!" - Honey Bunny
    • Thx for a lot of for comment You guys actually do change my mind.
      (I think I'm too aggressive when I post. sorry)

I think the job UAV have is quite limit for some reason
      - It slow and easy to get spot. it usually not made it into intention location without luck or good information. combine with very low view range. and the unit that get spot don't get to remember. I have to note it myself what unit they have. and if I wasn't online in that moment even the UAV spot the unit before it got shoot down. Im still be blind and don't know what they have

distraction is a very interesting choice. I will try that out.

about fireing missile oh hey that is also very interesting. but I think only rice country would be the one who use it and make uncautious player regreat.

About "time & distance" base here more description about it.
      - let every unit have their own "camo point"
      - devide radar to 3 circle with 100% / 70% / 40% effective (1/0.7/0.4)
      - the current mechanic is scan unit with radar every 10min
      - the spot point math would be [ (50) times (effective) ] add up every scan
      - when the spot point is over camo point the unit will display on radar
      - if radar unit don't have stealth locate upgrade it won't spot stealth unit.

this mechanic idea could let us balance out high power radar unit and camo unit.
      and let scout unit can hide near enemy for some time before getting spot by radar

it sound like a dump idea i think.
      This post was made by Leader of the Church of ROAD
    • MrBookShelf wrote:

I think the job UAV have is quite limit for some reason
      - It slow and easy to get spot. it usually not made it into intention location without luck or good information. combine with very low view range. and the unit that get spot don't get to remember. I have to note it myself what unit they have. and if I wasn't online in that moment even the UAV spot the unit before it got shoot down. Im still be blind and don't know what they have
      very good point, I even believe that it would be doable for devs to make such a reports without much hassle (best would be for air units generally - sometimes one scan with other air units) for us. Think about it devs ;)
    • No such thing as dumb idea. Only ones that work and ones that don't. I get the feeling there might be something to this topic that piques enough interest. Is the UAV due for a makeover?
      "Any of you *uckin' pricks move, and I'll execute every mother*uckin' last one of ya!" - Honey Bunny
    • The idea is good (and has already catched attention), but there is an misconception about the concept of "doable without much hassle", in terms of dev ^^
    • I make good use of them early on when they come with game stack... but dont build and get by without them. Will use a dinged up Air Supp fighter for same purpose but at least can defend itself abit.

Only real value latter in game is if research to lvl 3 I think can launch cruise and can reach most of Europe map.

For stealth ... patrol near their border cities without flying directly over units.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • doesnt matter how quick if die by anything its use for make INFO and second posibility to make info in enemy teritory is only SPY .... to not declare war ....

1) speed server (most people sometime sleep ) so doesnt matter how quick move its posible scout enemy and most when is player active dont want have it war so write send drone in hell

1)normal sever ok you dont make some but yep just make more drone and its some ( to have it info in 4 hours and left 5 hours to go home ...)

last thing it posible use it track submarine (giv order atack both dont make damage but you know where is submarine ... ) and range on high level is realy good ( to not need make airport to send enemy info i prepare to atack you ... )

and before start multi language in evry servr its posible useed on UI ( or inactive ) wery usesfull one player send drone second make atack and what drone make visibility and its usesfull and price is so cheap ... for INFO

YEP some role posible make heli ( but only on border ... to not declare war.. if want info about unit and you know that enemy dont have anti air yep usesfull more than any aircaft becose dont give info about streng unit and heli yes giv but only for short time and strike enemy and go home drone stay in air

(its some like say radar is not weapon ... but its seriously weapon to know it what enemy do or not .. and doesnt matter that is posible kill him by anything ... (i like it radar more that awacs... ) becose for enemy is easy sorted what fly in distance (why you used any aircraft when go fight to have it near but still out of range but by land spot is so many that non posible to make decision that is radar that is artilery that is AA that is ... )

so try your qestion after invest time in game ... not like yep i start play ..

like i may say what is tank ? becose i not produce any last 6 mount ...

most by what is target when start war ? conqer city where is have it tank malus ... how quick and mobile is ? how is have it defence to air strike .... but yep its produce this unit evry second player (most i dont so much produce any "heavy car" becose in coaly is evry time some player with have so many shiedl unit