​GENERAL UPDATE (190703)​

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• ​GENERAL UPDATE (190703)​

+ + + + GENERAL UPDATE + + + +
      Greetings Commanders!
      With today's update we're releasing the first wave of dynamic tool-tips for unit features that can be found in the Research Panel and the Unit Info Panel. They offer a lot more detail compared to previous versions and we hope they will prove a valuable tool to newcomers and meta-warriors alike. This is still work-in-progress and we look forward to your feedback! We have a Developer Diary planned this week which will give more details about the fabled and much anticipated Seasonal Leaderboards.

Changes
      • Added dynamic tool-tips for
        • Airplanes
        • Air Assault
        • Ranged Anti-Air
        • Ranged Attack / Combat Radius
          • Ranged Attack: Unit can engage hostile targets from specified distance
          • Combat Radius: The operational range of a unit from its current base
        • Missile Platform
        • Radar
      • Updated tool-tip styling
      Fixes
      • Updated descriptions for buildings in non-city provinces, some of them were missing 'destroyed upon capture' text
      • Fixed an issue when Airborne officer land on an enemy unit, in some instances the combat round first strike they have was not happening (first strike is further explained in the new tooltips introduced)
      • Fixed issue with unit pictures formatting breaking on the unit info panel
      Balancing
      • Naval Patrol Aircraft - specifically the role it plays in submarine warfare
        • AWACS
          • Remove Radar Detection of stealth naval units
        • Naval Patrol Aircraft
          • Remove Radar Detection of ground units
          • Increase Combat Radius
            • From 1250/1350/1500/2000/3000 To 1500/1500/2000/2500/3500
          • Increase Radar/Sonar range
            • Level 2: From 75 to 100
            • Level 3-4: From 100 to 150
            • Level 5: From 150 to 200

//Your CoN Team
      Dorado Games
      Conflict Of Nations

• Sadly, the Naval Awacs still is useless. For it to be even remotely useful, you need to hear the voice of the community that tells you to give it an ballistic missile hardpoint.

*Biased Feedback*

Joke apart, interesting update, with a very clear underlying motive, we'll see if it works but it's good to try to make the Awacs less an "obvious choice" for Air-Naval Radar
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Very good update here. :thumbup:

So what's next? :D

I vote for Cruiser as heli ripper + 50 AA range ( same as patrol zone, right?) + only DEF dmg vs fixed wing. 8)
      Display Spoiler

"We rarely recognize how wonderful it is that a person can traverse an entire lifetime without making a single really serious mistake — like putting a fork in one's eye or using a window instead of a door."
      - Marvin Lee Minsky

• Caminhante_BR wrote:

Germanico wrote:

Wait - what? I generally start my wars by researching Naval AWACS - it's a must have in any decent army. It is known... and wait for it: It can even fly. Truly.
      maybe you are the only one.sincerely.. i never see a naval AWACs .. never in anygame.
      my fault? maybe... But hear the community and create some attractive there pls
      I believe it's called sarcasm ;)
    • Just one thing worth to mention, because I focused mostly on balance changes.

This is cool :

info.jpg

I have a small suggestion here - to give an info is unit is 'scout' or not. In other words is unit is able to see exactly what units are in a hostile stack. It is written at unit description, but maybe an icon would be nicer. Considering that Special Forces reaches icon limits, maybe they should be placed more tight to add space for two more ( by adjust left and right margin of this block ) :

icons.jpg

And another thing. I love to see more details of this research :

nbc.jpg

What exactly NBC Protection gives? 25% reduction!?
      Display Spoiler

"We rarely recognize how wonderful it is that a person can traverse an entire lifetime without making a single really serious mistake — like putting a fork in one's eye or using a window instead of a door."
      - Marvin Lee Minsky

The post was edited 1 time, last by Efreet ().