Heavy Bombers - why CM?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Heavy Bombers - why CM?

I can't understand one thing. I thought it would seem logical to me as I experienced game a bit more, compared to the balance, but still it is not.

Why are have bombers designed to launch cruise missiles rather than bombs (so a kind of ballistic missiles)? After all, it is not their main role in the real world, as I suppose. There are a lot of other units that are the platform for CMs, and still ballistic missiles comes only from ground platforms and submarines. Change in this matter would justify substantial requirements and the cost of having bombers, which would finally become a more unwelcome 'guest' in the sky who could wreak havoc, but at the same time would still be an easy target for other units.

I know that they can decimate the population already today by conventional way, but I simply cannot justify the fact that they cannot carry aerial bombs with warheads (like B83) and, at the same time, they are used to launch manoeuvring rockets for which they weren't destined - in my opinion.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Alhanan ().

• They drop bombs or how do you think they cause damage to units, pop and buildings?

And yes, modern bombers can launch missiles. This is not unrealistic or anything.

Cruise missiles are a common name for all missiles in the game, save strategic or ballistic ones. And modern nuclear bombs actually are guided and have targeting - it's healthier for the crew... In theory.

Hopecthat clarifies it.
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf