DEVELOPER DIARY 13: LOOT N' SHOOT

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• My concern is, Elite Challenges are considered to be equal playfield for the fair challenge. Having units that only certain players/alliances are able to use, is the opposite of an equal playfield.

Having more tools to chose from is always an advantage, as balanced as they might be.

The easiest solution probably would be to lock them completely from challenges.

The alternative solution would be, have all special units useable on challenge maps. It would make challenges more attractive and give them more depth. Also it lowers the risk of challenges getting to static over time, because certain units are just more effective than others. Also it would be quite a waste, if so much effort is put into these new units and then they could not be used in challenges.
    • @Kalrakh
      I'm enemy of p2w, but I believe it's better to give money to CoN devs by premium account subscription, than by buying gold, spending it on maps and pis_sing off and discouraging regular players to game itself - those prizes and lowered cost of premium can make people spend money on premium instead of gold (except that I'm sure over time those units will be buyable in shop, it's always like that in MMO games). We don't even know what those units will be, perhaps it will be just upgraded stealth and or fighter (judging on image we can see), with better stats but still detectable and with high infrastructural demand. IMO some people here dramatize about clan games balance with those new units we don't know much about.
    • @OneRandomPlayer It's simple, you will collect points throughout the season. (When you get enough points) The only way to earn/claim the unit is with Security Council active on your account at the time when you come to claim. So, if you run out of security council before you claim the unit then you won't be able to. Once you claim a seasonal unit, it is yours to keep regardless if you have security council or not anymore, but you won't be able to claim new units without the SC. A season will last approximately 3 months.
      Dorado Games
      Conflict Of Nations

• Kalrakh wrote:

@Eternus

Fixing stuff in the aftermath tends to be more messy than taking care of potential issues in advance, so I prefer to look at the bigger picture in the future.

Having just an additional air superiority fighter can already give you a decent advantage, if you know how to use the mechanics.
      You know that one can't plan for everything, right? Bugs, lack of balance and so on always happen, always. Important is what (and when lol) devs do with it after. I prefer to fight against player who can use "additional air superiority fighter", instead of fighting against money (gold). When one fight with money, game change into who can use more of cash so playing this game loses sense. On the contrary, you can fight and win against superior unit.
      One of solutions for some people unreasonable IMO fears could be limiting amount of super units that can be used by player on a map in the same time (for example 5 super fighters and 5 super tanks - yeah, we surely will have them - or 10 super units of any kind totally). Actually it might be needed or players will be making mostly those superior units...

Hancock wrote:

Artillery Officer would be great :D
      Yup, but unlikely as tank officer already play this role and also artillery would need to be redone as entirely new branch of units in terms of game mechanic. So instead I would prefer to be able to have more than one officer of certain type at once.
    • Perhaps I am a bit late to the discussion, but perhaps a way to increase revenue streams, without creeping on the p2w aspect, would be simply add skins to existing units. Different camo/skins for armor, support, aircraft etc, which are simply paid straight up for. I would love to see my SU - 35's with that lovely Tan & Green camo.
      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu