3 destroiers, 4 frigates lvl 2 all VS 5 Antisub helicopters lvl 3

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• 3 destroiers, 4 frigates lvl 2 all VS 5 Antisub helicopters lvl 3

Guess what happened?

The helicopters killed all the navy.

Must change the name from antisub helicopter to Super NAVAL helicopter
      My enemy didn't build any ship, only those 5 helicopters.

how can the game be blind to this issue?
      Surely someone will come and explain and defend the company changes. But its pretty obviously that now you have no motivation to build a navy if your opponente can kill it using helicopters. the good times of sea battlers are dead.

and i can tell more. even cruisers stacked are easy target for 5 helicopters.
    • That topic is after intense discussion, so probably this will change soon. But I currently play with mix 4xCruiser + 1xCarrier + 4x NavalASF and it clears all 'obstacles' very well (except subs).
      Display Spoiler

"We rarely recognize how wonderful it is that a person can traverse an entire lifetime without making a single really serious mistake — like putting a fork in one's eye or using a window instead of a door."
      - Marvin Lee Minsky

The post was edited 1 time, last by Efreet ().

• I dont see problem here really. Also ASW choppers are already nerfed in resent update so probably you play in oldest game without this update.

1) keep you naval units in 5 pcs stack , same as air units.
      2) use naval stacks with 3-4 frigates
      3) ASW have very limited range and very low speed so just dont keep navy within their range if you are offline ...
      4) as wrote above use air carriers and naval ASF or SF on it.

Finally current balance is ok, dont think that you may build huge navy, go offline and wait until your navy kill all enemy :). You need be online if you want be effective or keep your forces away from danger areas if you are long time offline.
    • I still remain by Efreet opinion that an ship (the cruiser is the most expensive) dedicated to helicopter defense is the best balance idea for the future.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • raf said

1) keep you naval units in 5 pcs stack , same as air units.
      2) use naval stacks with 3-4 frigates

on another thread a guy had a 5 stack of frigates and naval helicopters took them with out any real damage to the helicopters , but like you said this could be an older game.

i my self am not sure how it should be adjusted because their for a while the only way to take out frigates were with other ships because frigates would tear up every piece of aircraft that came in range, the only thing i can come up with is loss of one helicopter loss of one frigate on every attack, you got 5 frigate the other guy gots 5 naval helicopters you both lose each set of 5 even steven
      • hello
    • Frigates are bad against ASW, and it has been made like that.

Frigate vs ASW also get from "bad" to "awful" in T2 to "hahaha why do you even try" in T3.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Even cruisers or any kind of ship are easy target for 5 Antisub helicopters.

every stack of 5 is easy target. It must change..
      they killed the sea battlers.

and if you add a helicopter officer there, your fleets are like papers...

antisubhelicopters must be efficient agaisnt submarines, not a ship killer.
      To kill ships you must build ships or subs and have a decent strategy there

i'm really sad....
    • ross222 wrote:

you got 5 frigate the other guy gots 5 naval helicopters you both lose each set of 5 even
      And I suppose above result is honest , isnt it ?

Caminhante_BR wrote:

antisubhelicopters must be efficient agaisnt submarines, not a ship killer.To kill ships you must build ships or subs and have a decent strategy there
      Wow. wow :) real naval only battles finished in WW1 time, in WW2 almost all ships were sunk by subs and air. In modern war sea war is war between defending ships and attacking flyers.
      Here in game if you want true naval battles keep your vessels away from land ... As I mentioned earlier ASW operational range is very short.

Also people, please keep in mind that vessels are "multitask" units, they may:
      1) control open sea
      2) hunt and kill submarines
      3) frigates clear sky from aircrafts (that is true fantasy ... as you remember in falkland islands war all was conversely, there aircrafts cleared sea from frigates )

4) Most important vessels may bombard and destroy cities buildings

5) may attack and kill any type of land units near sea without any return fire !!!

From other side ASW may only:

1) attack naval units and receive return fire.

Submarines hunting option is true fiction in fact because submarines never are so close to lands, because submarines may "flight" over sea 2 times faster then choppers.
    • Hey, don't come talking about reality...

does the frigates carry helicopters? it should do.

where cruisers have bigger anti-helicopter than frigates?

Another point: acutally, Does any group of 5 ASW helicopters sink 8 ships?
      ASW with very short range? where? 500 is enough to create a new way of game: "don't build ships. Build ASW". Is that what the game development team is looking for? because thats whats happening .

3) frigates clear sky from aircrafts (that is true fantasy ... as you remember in falkland islands war all was conversely, there aircrafts cleared sea from frigates )

No... The missiles did the job, not speciafically the aircrafts. they used aircraft to lanch the missiles because other reasons. But ok.

I have a challenger here:

stack any 5 ships and i will stack 5 ASW helicopters. Try to win
    • Well, to be honest...

Balance changes regularly, but I see people still uses obsolete strategies, like : destroyers + frigates = happy.
      So, I'm not surprised they fall like dinosaurs.

( But don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that current balance is ok. ;) )
      Display Spoiler

"We rarely recognize how wonderful it is that a person can traverse an entire lifetime without making a single really serious mistake — like putting a fork in one's eye or using a window instead of a door."
      - Marvin Lee Minsky

• Caminhante_BR, please stop emotions and read what is written here :)

1) After last update 5 ships and 5 choppers just kill each other, what is wrong here ?
      2) Ships are multitask units, but ASW choppers are useless everywhere except ships killing.
      3) Ships are mostly offline units "sent and forgot", choppers required "hand" management, so it is honest that online units are effective
      4) In case I play for "land" country and dont develop and build navy, which unit I may use against navy ?
    • It's because ASW helis are OP since they got buff and frigates were nerfed. I doubt devs will do anything with it before release of mobile CoN (or even later because there surely will be bugs in mobile version). I doubt top cruisers stack would help counter that, frigates are proven to be useless. Only idea I have is already pointed out: naval supremacy fighters (but that cost more than helis carrier which shouldn't be like that - usually defensive weapons are cheaper than offensive).
    • Raf wrote:

Caminhante_BR, please stop emotions and read what is written here :)

1) After last update 5 ships and 5 choppers just kill each other, what is wrong here ?

then, DOn't make ships, make choppers. Thtas is the point. Developers killed one aspect of the game. It lost one leg.

2) Ships are multitask units, but ASW choppers are useless everywhere except ships killing.

Not true. ASW can even attack troops. But that's the point. it's ship killer. Maybe noe game change name to NAval Choppers, instead ASW. Thats maka all sense

3) Ships are mostly offline units "sent and forgot", choppers required "hand" management, so it is honest that online units are effective

I never do. Because if you do, other ships can come while you are shoting a tagert and kill you. Ships were very important tool in this game. WERE....

4) In case I play for "land" country and dont develop and build navy, which unit I may use against navy ?

Subs, other Ships with a good strategy of atract your enemy to coast water while your other ships come from deep waters, etc.

Ships were a very important part of the game.

They can fix this add +1.5 attack for frigates, + 1 DEF for for DEstroiers and Cruisers.

Frigates are already very weak against ships. It must be effective for air units and missiles. But only 1 against choppers?

"DON'T MAKE SHIPS. MAKE ASW HELICOPTERS."
    • 1) If you play as a team, ships are fine, someone goes ships, someone goes choppers, someone goes aircrafts, someone goes ground force and so on. That is the point: No unit type is superior on its own, every unit type has its weakness, teamplay beats soloplay.

2) Sure, ASW can attack ground forces, but in most cases that is kind of suicidal, they are likely to receive more damage than they can cause.

3) No unit is a offline unit, if you are offline, you opponents will scroot 'n' shoot you, if they are smart.

4) As this topic shows: Choppers are a good anti-navy unit against most players.
    • CamGuess what happened?

Caminhante_BR wrote:

Surely someone will come and explain and defend the company changes. But its pretty obviously that now you have no motivation to build a navy if your opponente can kill it using helicopters. the good times of sea battlers are dead.

Caminhante, let me know next battle you enter, You build all the AsW's you want and your Normal Navy, I will build my Normal Navy I always do and without any Asw's and when we both are ready I will challenge you to a Naval battle and I will bet i wipe you off the

Efreet wrote:

That topic is after intense discussion, so probably this will change soon. But I currently play with mix 4xCruiser + 1xCarrier + 4x NavalASF and it clears all 'obstacles' very well (except subs).
    • rspen446 wrote:

CamGuess what happened?

Caminhante_BR wrote:

Caminhante, let me know next battle you enter, You build all the AsW's you want and your Normal Navy, I will build my Normal Navy I always do and without any Asw's and when we both are ready I will challenge you to a Naval battle and I will bet i wipe you off the

if i can build ASW, i don't need navy. If you are going to use one carrier and 4 cruisers, you have a point. and you have a big vallet to buy gold because thats expensive. but i can use 8 ASW and i kill even cruisers and carriers