Choppers carrier

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Choppers carrier

Hello, people.
      I suppose would be good to release in game shoppers carrier ships type (for example as FR Mistral / US Wasp types ). It shall make naval forces more flexible and interesting in game, also choppers more usable.
      Of course such type of ships shall be cheaper and easier to manufacture then air carriers. As you know in current time air carriers may see in random games very very seldom, but new "light" cheap carriers would be more popular and may make new type of strategy for island countries.
      Your opinion ?:)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Raf ().

• Eternus wrote:

What next guys, producing airplanes on carriers? Be serious.

Teburu wrote:

Eternus wrote:

From a realistic standpoint healing on carriers would make sense tho, just from balancing viewpoint its horrible
      Small aircrafts repair is pretty realistic, here in game are many things which arent realistic at all, vessels speed for example and many many other things. Why ships may heal itself in sea, but aircrafts on ships cant ? Small repair 1-2 HP daily would be ok. Why horrible for balance ? Horrible is air carriers currently not playable totally...
      You shall research expensive special technologies, shall build expensive special aircrafts, shall build very costly carrier, shall wait 3 days till carrier arrive at target area and finally after all above efforts you shall build land air base to heal aircarfts :) Very interesting logic ... Much much easier is build strategic submarine + couple of BM and be happy or just find ally with ready airbase :)

In case developers dont want carriers compete with strategic missiles and bombers, "light" carriers version with choppers only would be good decision. Choppers cant damage infrastructures, have limited active radius and lot of other weaknesses to be "overwhelming" weapon and horrible for balance. Small toy only.
      Finally I just want have "Wasp" in may fleet :)

The post was edited 2 times, last by Raf ().

• Teburu wrote:

Eternus wrote:

From a realistic standpoint healing on carriers would make sense tho, just from balancing viewpoint its horrible
      From 1 HP to 100% too? You don't think about balance people, not for a minute. That's the issue and thus those silly ideas (there is more, like special forces carried by subs).

Raf wrote:

Eternus wrote:

Teburu wrote:

Eternus wrote:

Small aircrafts repair is pretty realistic, here in game are many things which arent realistic at all, vessels speed for example and many many other things. Why ships may heal itself in sea, but aircrafts on ships cant ? Small repair 1-2 HP daily would be ok. Why horrible for balance ? Horrible is air carriers currently not playable totally...You shall research expensive special technologies, shall build expensive special aircrafts, shall build very costly carrier, shall wait 3 days till carrier arrive at target area and finally after all above efforts you shall build land air base to heal aircarfts :) Very interesting logic ... Much much easier is build strategic submarine + couple of BM and be happy or just find ally with ready airbase :)

In case developers dont want carriers compete with strategic missiles and bombers, "light" carriers version with choppers only would be good decision. Choppers cant damage infrastructures, have limited active radius and lot of other weaknesses to be "overwhelming" weapon and horrible for balance. Small toy only.
      Finally I just want have "Wasp" in may fleet :)
      Balance is magic word it seems :D Lack of knowledge too - ships heal only on coastal waters.
      Carriers are generally useless (it doesn't mean unplayable) but it's because general game idea: it's game to take city, not take land. If resources would be distributed in non city provinces, while cities would serve as production centers, it would be totally differently. Now what player needs to do is to protect/take cities. Thus why there is no front line, but city-islands war. So player just need to gain foothold in another continent, then he will send everything he needs by airlift. Not to mention there is no trade represented on map, generally no need to protect and patrol sea lanes (except if one decide on forwarded defense line on ocean). Recently carriers became interesting because of OP ASW helis, but it will not last forever. Go to devs and complain for that, I'm not dev.
      Sorry not, but there is no logic in your post, you just want to have super carrier that heal units so you wouldn't need to move this whole circus to heal it. Not to mention you have no idea how complicated modern carrier based airplanes are if you want to use repair argument and real life.

Devs don't give a frack about that unit competition IMO (not to mention that BMs are easy to counter). I don't care either. Back in the days strikes and missiles ruled, they nerfed it, so I started to use strategic bomber, again nerf, now I'm using land forces as they it seems wanted. I win all the time because I can adjust to even the worst ideas so more or less useless carrier don't change that.
      Build yourself a carrier, fill it with helis and name it light carrier. It's already here ;) or name it Wasp and stop this nonsense about carriers healing airplanes.
    • Eternus ... thanks for your opinion, but looks you talk something not related with this theme :), also if you dont see logic it doesn't mean that here is no logic.

1) Of course vessels healing in coastal water (it seams this water just has some kind of magic ;), why aircrafts cant have tiny part of above magic too ?)
      2) No need land control ? Are you sure we play in same game ?
      3) Here no matter totally which one unit is OP now. OP always are any units, which may by used as effective online tool, so any aircrafts always are OP. And carriers may be base for this tool in any part of world, so carriers are always interesting.
      4) Put ASW on carrier , carrier against navy ? it may be playable in late game, but isnt primary carriers target.

Why "light" choppers carrier again , because :
      1) Its just interesting to use new offensive unit and new strategy.
      2) It shall be cheaper to develop and manufacture so may be used in early game (as you know gunships also are cheap and early available).
      3) Here is no any other effective tool for some of remote countries in early/middle game.
    • Teburu wrote:

Raf wrote:

without an asw nerf you'd basically make navy useless with this one

In random games ASW still dont use 99% of people ... at least in all games I played last time I was only person using this chopper.
      So chance face of with ASW is tiny in fact. I would remember here that ASW is very specific unit, which is useless for lot of people.
      Secondly , as you know, currently existed carrier has best defense against choppers and huge HP amount, so ASW isnt problem for fleets with carrier. In case "light" carrier version would have partially same advantages it would operated free in early game especially.
    • @Eternus . The problem is simpler than that. If you were forced to use recon vehicles, you would win most of the time anyway because you would use them properly. More than the balance, it's the fact you actually study the game. Public Games level is awful to the point that i'm forced to be very watchful of my recruits, because when they win 9 games over 10 and then they do their first challenge and get destroyed like they faced an alien military force with 30 000 years tech edge, they tend to be under shock.

The balancing of the game is made for the 95%, after all, and to avoid that parts of this population find too easy way to dominate each other
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • @Raf
      On the contrary, I think it's all connected, deeply.
      Well of course, if we would agree on all things, we would be robots, wouldn't we :>?
      Balance man, balance! Think of balance, it's not wargame real life super duper simulator. I don't mind having ships repairing itself in harbors, but it's harder to implement from developers point of view ;) For example I hate units technology progress, you make a tech and miraculously there is entirely new type of unit. For f sake lol, but yet again - real life conditions of making a game man.
      Your proposes 1-2 HP/daily will not make a difference. Point is: units can heal only in certain areas, usually cities/field hospitals. Only ships have bigger opportunities as they heal in any coastal waters, but it can't be buffed - no hospitals there.
      2. Yup, don't get me wrong but you might not be experienced enough in this game to get it: this is game of taking cities
      3. Sadly it's not like that. Try your any aircraft against proper land based AA. You'll feel how it is.
      4 you think about real life again, it's not how it works in this game. There is topic about ASW/carriers, find it and read what people think about OP ASW.

Light carriers - search forum, it was proposed at least a year ago. Not going to happen soon. You don't have to convince me (for me you would have to make it balanced, so forget about lvl 1 light heli carrier with 4 helis or something :P - on the other hand I have no voting rights here :D), convince devs it's something to do next. I doubt they will though - they didn't even added place for ASW heli on destroyer that was proposed even earlier than heli carrier.

Your other post, sorry for not quoting properly:
      "In random games ASW still don't use 99% of people" it's not an argument from balance point of view.
      "Secondly , as you know, currently existed carrier has best defense against choppers and huge HP amount," hahaha, worth to consider making fleet of carriers against ASW helis hahahaha :D Yup, double value of attack against helis of cruiser, doesn't cost much more, just one level of naval base more ;) I only need some guns on those carriers and we're ready to roll :F I'm almost serious, don't laugh please :)

@Opulon
      Don't make depressed, ok? Things got worse with people since merging languages in terms of cooperation.
      Make me a recruit, I'm searching for decent clan since... that awful pop-up that urge you to find one :D
      As for problem, IMO people just don't frickin read units description, they simply don't! Thus they don't know what can happen to them, nor what they can really do. New people - read desc for f sake! It's not Ogame or something :P
    • The AA-attack of carriers is as useless as the AA-attack of cruisers: Range 26 means, they can't reach patrols. I honestly don't understand, why they even bother to give those units AA range, when they can't even attack patrols. For experienced players there is hardly ever a reason to use 'direct attack'.

MAAV get a range of 50 at level 4, cruisers and carriers never.
    • Kalrakh wrote:

The AA-attack of carriers is as useless as the AA-attack of cruisers: Range 26 means, they can't reach patrols. I honestly don't understand, why they even bother to give those units AA range, when they can't even attack patrols. For experienced players there is hardly ever a reason to use 'direct attack'.

MAAV get a range of 50 at level 4, cruisers and carriers never.
      Yup, AA range for CV and CA is absolutely useless. Just CV itself is good for defense against choppers, up to 7 def. points and 150 HP in T4 make him not easy target, in fleet of course.