Opinion on How you think game should keep people from leaving matches?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Opinion on How you think game should keep people from leaving matches?

--Map balance--
    - people the came late to picking the started country are very limit to few country which would be "not advantage"
    like very small country or country that have too much country surround it. I would like to see these "99% dead and lose" country more balance.
    but of course this is very hard thing to manage becuz more power mean he can attack other country easier that would cause unbalance...
    since the game power mostly come from unit
    - late join. join the match late sometime you would found your country alrady gone half and you have no way to fight back becuz enemy have more "time"
    time to build unit, time to upgrade but you get nothing but just little more resouce. If it was me I would try to balance this by have "in round" gold which
    you can spend to complete queue which the amouth depend on how late you join.

--Mid game come back--
    sometime waring resulting heavy lose of homeland structure. but I saw most people will just leave the game at that state becuz they likly thing
    "there is no way to keep up to that big coalition next to me with these damaged homeland" we need some way to encourage people to keep going
    secretly sell resource to half of player that can't keep up? (check by using VP)

what do you guys think about my idea and plz share your idea. thx!
    next post would be --how would I rework spy--
    This post was made by Leader of the Church of ROAD
  • - you can join maps on day 1, if you choose to join on later days you're willingly taking that risk, also you can just leave if you dont get a country you're happy with.... without comitting to the round
    - i find that the "small" countries often have an easier earlygame than the bigger ones, for example: usa and russia have to worry about much more than cuba or colombia, a country that's surrounded by multiple others should make use of diplomacy
    - i dont think "secretly selling ressources" is a good idea, if you dont think you can take on that big coalition you can always communicate with other ppl to see who's willing to help
    I am The Baseline for opinions
  • Teburu wrote:

- you can join maps on day 1, if you choose to join on later days you're willingly taking that risk, also you can just leave if you dont get a country you're happy with.... without comitting to the round
    - i find that the "small" countries often have an easier earlygame than the bigger ones, for example: usa and russia have to worry about much more than cuba or colombia, a country that's surrounded by multiple others should make use of diplomacy
    - i dont think "secretly selling ressources" is a good idea, if you dont think you can take on that big coalition you can always communicate with other ppl to see who's willing to help
    you seem to not get my point about join late.. but that ok
  • joining after day 5 is disabled, (afaik) just for that reason...
    even on day 5 you might see that your picked country is already invaded. (in this case just leave and ;))

if you want complete control join maps on day one (or two).
    Otherwise yu will always be late with your research
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Dorado Games
    DE - Team Lead
    Conflict of Nations

"That was not me, it was already broken!"
  • Only one serious thing can be easily done: placing limit of maps new player can join, but also general limit would be good (for example one might ask friend to join, not play the map, but 1st guy will have country next to him easy to conquer ;)).

Second not so easy thing is automated system that would track how late player left map for good, how long he played it before he left, did he joined new maps in between and later. If player join maps he's not playing/leaving early (before at least a week RL time, but not only that factor) he should be limited how much maps he can join, till he will became serious player in terms of not leaving maps.
  • funny guy try to remember when map from server not shared with other servr its have been normal :D that after day 10 on flas point map have been one player active on big map 10 now now is not posible that on speeed map neigbours have beeen UI player

secon WHEN YOU REGISTER IN MAP try to look on mini map (its active it show you that nation with you vant is invaded ...
  • I know that I - for one - would like some sort of option to not abandon the game. About a month ago, I had to take care of a personal emergency that required me to travel and I ended up at my grandmother's house where she doesn't have internet and I had trouble getting a signal at the only coffee shop in town. Wanted to come back to my game when I was back in civilization, but was notified that I'd abandoned the game, and someone came in and took over the work that I put in.

Mind you -- not asking to be able to "pause" my game. I get that other players are still playing the map, and it would not be fair to cut them off. However, if I've developed a coalition and they are willing to protect me for a couple of days while I'm taking care of some things IRL, I feel I should be able to prevent abandonment of my game. Also, this is not to say get rid of the abandonment thing at all. Just give an option to prevent it prophylactic ally.
  • eternus point is have beeen

OLD GAME IS WERY full inactive player (mean before start internacional posible registr in evry game ..)

second BEFORE MAKE CLIK CLICK IN NEW GAME look on smal map if NATION where you registrs is not under atack ( easy see on map if multicolor or smaler than normaly ..) wery futuristic its soun posibility look on map before registr nothing see just like end of game but without see army and easy be posible what you want take (most like in new scenarios where you dont know how map normaly look
  • I notice that most people leave the game when they are ganged up on by the gold buyers who spend more to wipe everyone else out ..... I mean why stay in a battle when there is no way to win .... you want to keep people playing fix it where money players battle other money players and have no money games for those not willing to spend money to play a game

You could make it where some games are gold free ...meaning you can't buy gold just so you can wipe everyone else out
  • blogwiz wrote:

I notice that most people leave the game when they are ganged up on by the gold buyers who spend more to wipe everyone else out ..... I mean why stay in a battle when there is no way to win .... you want to keep people playing fix it where money players battle other money players and have no money games for those not willing to spend money to play a game

You could make it where some games are gold free ...meaning you can't buy gold just so you can wipe everyone else out
    nah, I think gold isn't much problem. the problem with gold is we don't know dose they really use it so most of the time people assume who have better or more units is spaming gold. even I got accuse sometime.

I think we need to address gold reputation and discourage back stabing.
  • make it like COD used to do on matches... if you quit (ie go inactive) on too high pct than you were suspended from joining games.. ie like a time out.

1st inactive game - 3 day suspension
    2nd inactive game - 1 week suspension
    3rd - 1 month

based on IP address to avoid creating new accounts. this would avoid guys joining 12 games seeing which oneswork out then quitting the rest
    "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
  • Buckeyechamp wrote:

make it like COD used to do on matches... if you quit (ie go inactive) on too high pct than you were suspended from joining games.. ie like a time out.

1st inactive game - 3 day suspension
    2nd inactive game - 1 week suspension
    3rd - 1 month

based on IP address to avoid creating new accounts. this would avoid guys joining 12 games seeing which oneswork out then quitting the rest
    :D kinda ridiculous of an idea
    I am The Baseline for opinions